BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kenwyne Jones

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Jones would be an excellent signing.

A poor man's Didier Drogba.

Did anyone else think that he was a little Welsh chap before they saw him/learned a bit more about him?

Agreed. I was very impressed with him when they beat us in the league in October/November last year.

Sadly, I think he will be out of our price range if the rumours of Spurs' interest are true.

Sunderland confuse me though. They get 40k some of the time and 20k some of the time. It seems to vary massively - much more than any other team that have had a mixed recent record (Sheffield Utd, West brom, Man City, West Ham etc.) It seems to be a North East thing - Boro's crowds yoyo a lot too....

Usually lots of empty red seats at both as a backdrop to the action on the pitch.

I can honestly say I have never met a Sunderland supporter yet I see people in Rovers shirts all the time, and I am in Australia.

Yes but they are a big club....HUGE!!

On my hols I saw 4 Rovers shirts, but no Sunderland shirts either.

Usually lots of empty red seats at both as a backdrop to the action on the pitch.

Well the North stand is usually full (home end), however, the South stand is the away end and includes segregation etc. Unfortunately it look bad on the tele and Quinn is looking for other places to seat the away fans but its difficult as the police cells etc are behind that stand.

People saying our attendances are up and down all the time, we averaged i think 5th in the premiership last season and in the championship we averaged over 30k which is brilliant IMO considering that we had just went down with 15 points!

Archived