BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Hendry

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have got to say that is about as hard a few hours as you could ever imagine. The big chap tried very hard to keep it together, but it was tough. His kids spoke so well and showed amazing courage - obviously a family trait.

The turn-out was unbelievable, Kenny Dalglish, Don MacKay, Alan Irvine, Chris Sulley, Callum Davidson, Ken Beamish and many other 'faces' you would know.

Still can't my head around the whole thing. The tragic part is when you realise Denise was just 35 when all of this trouble began. What a waste.

Anyway, can't think of much relevant to add apart from one last thought.

Hope the big guy gets back into football soon. He needs to be active and living something like a normal life. The last few years have been very demanding, but the future has to be looked at - and I hope somebody somewhere gets him involved.

I have got to say that is about as hard a few hours as you could ever imagine. The big chap tried very hard to keep it together, but it was tough. His kids spoke so well and showed amazing courage - obviously a family trait.

The turn-out was unbelievable, Kenny Dalglish, Don MacKay, Alan Irvine, Chris Sulley, Callum Davidson, Ken Beamish and many other 'faces' you would know.

Still can't my head around the whole thing. The tragic part is when you realise Denise was just 35 when all of this trouble began. What a waste.

Anyway, can't think of much relevant to add apart from one last thought.

Hope the big guy gets back into football soon. He needs to be active and living something like a normal life. The last few years have been very demanding, but the future has to be looked at - and I hope somebody somewhere gets him involved.

Good words Nicko, lets hope big Col finds an outlet soon to ease the pain and things start to get easier for him :-)

Thanks Nicko, for telling us how the day went. I can imagine very emotional, did you manage to speak to the big man at all?

A couple of brief chats, but frankly we both wanted it kept brief...very hard day.

The poor guy, heaven only knows the turmoil and grief he must be going through. Life is so random and unfair and downright spiteful sometimes, it makes you want to kick out and scream.

I wish him peace, and hope he finds a way to make it through.

I'm sure there's a great many people wishing him well. God bless, Col.

I can't imagine that there's much worse a person can go through in their life. However, I get the impression that Colin is an extremely strong character and one that can deal with this tragedy better than most.

I firmly believe that something good can be gleaned from every situation, no matter how desperate. I hope this tragedy will bring himself and his kids even closer.

Today and since Denise's passing, Colin Hendry was not a footballer, he was a husband who had lost his wife, who he loved deeply, the father of his children who have lost their Mum!

Apart from the wellwishers from the world of football, football was irrelevant, Denise was a person who met Colin when he was just like many of us, struggling to make a living and they stuck together and you could see how close they were.

Colin and kids, be strong and like Nicko says, I hope Colin gets something in football, more importantly, the kids can live a happy life when they come to terms with things.

Colins title Braveheart should be passed over to Denise, she was very brave lady and battled for a number of years with the pain of a botched operation.

Rest in Peace Denise

• Backroom

Although at times i think there isn't room for sentiment in football, part of me would love to see Big Col in a coaching role at Ewood, problem being he had a gift and courage you can't teach

Although at times i think there isn't room for sentiment in football, part of me would love to see Big Col in a coaching role at Ewood, problem being he had a gift and courage you can't teach

Anyone think that could be a runner, given BFS seemed to speak very highly of Colin during the time they had together at Bolton?

My wife and I were gutted when we found out, my wife was involved in getting her MRSA drugs manufactured and shipped to the UK pronto after her surgery so she was shocked when she heard she had passed away. Can't imagine what the big fella and the kids are going through, however, if there was a guy who could pull them all out of the mire, he's the man.

All the very best to The Hendrie's, wish your family & yourself all the very best for the future.

Archived