BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad Numbers 2009/10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

5 shouldn't be retired in my opinion, give it N'Zonzi.

Tugay was a legend but no more than some others, to retire a number is a bit daft I think in honesty.

5 shouldn't be retired in my opinion, give it N'Zonzi.

Tugay was a legend but no more than some others, to retire a number is a bit daft I think in honesty.

Agreed, it should be more of an honour to a player to be handed a 'legends' number, if you REALLY want it retired for a season give it to Steven Reid!! :lol:

Tugay had quite a few different numbers here, it seems a bit pointless retiring 5 when it wasn't really 'his' number. If he'd had the same number throughout his Rovers career it might have been worthwhile.

and through the rest of his career, think he played 17 at Rangers and 8 for Turkey and 20 for Gala.

I'm just hoping Nelsen's doesn't change as I've had the new shirt printed with his name and number 6.

I'm assuming,

Number 2 - Jacobsen

Number 5 - Givet

Number 9 - New Striker

Tugay had quite a few different numbers here, it seems a bit pointless retiring 5 when it wasn't really 'his' number. If he'd had the same number throughout his Rovers career it might have been worthwhile.

True, I remember Henning was given 5 and Tugay 4 under Souness, and Henning had to ask to swap. Tugay wasn't too bothered with what number he played with, so retiring no. 5 would be wrong.

Saw him come on as a late sub for Wednesday last season.

I think that's Jermaine Johnson, ex-Bolton lad. Although Jemal hasn't played for Blackpool...it seems to story I read was he has signed MK Dons contract after after it had expired. Not sure where I got the Blackpool bit from.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived