BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Weekend Away

A circluar tour of Pendle Hill is about 16miles but its a very steep single track road in parts and needs a lot of care if driving...Whalley,Sabden, Newchurch(Witches Galore shop) Barley, Downham.. ..Calfs head pub in Worston

A circluar tour of Pendle Hill is about 16miles but its a very steep single track road in parts and needs a lot of care if driving...Whalley,Sabden, Newchurch(Witches Galore shop) Barley, Downham.. ..Calfs head pub in Worston

You can stay at the calf's head too, very friendly. easy to get to just off the A59

Dear All

I Live in London and The Mrs is taking me to a Rovers match for my Birthday, Was going to make a weekend of it, Can anyone suggest any places within an hours drive of Ewood for a bit of romance, mainly football obviously. Cheers

Lytham St. Annes would be a nice place to stay for the weekend. It's about 45mins from Ewood and there are lot's of nice hotels and restaurants there. The Dalmeny Hotel is very nice, I've been to the Dalmeny a few times and it's always been spot on.

Or you could try the Dunkenhalgh at Clayton/Accrington, it's 3 junctions further up the M65, 15/20mins from the ground and is easy to reach any of the sights mentioned in the other posts from this hotel.

You can stay at the calf's head too, very friendly. easy to get to just off the A59

They also do a great 3 course carvery - we went for Sunday lunch a few weeks ago. Cracking value at £12 for 3 courses - the spicy prawns for starter were delicious!!

Head for the Ribble Valley list of good pubs with rooms as follows;

Waddington Arms - Waddington

Red Pump - Bashall Eaves

Inn at Whitewell - probably full due to a wedding

Mitton Hall - Whalley

Moorcock - Waddington

There is also the Parkers Arms at newton - not sure if have rooms or Hark to Bounty at Slaidburn again not sure if have rooms

There is also the Bayleys at Hurst green

Head for the Ribble Valley list of good pubs with rooms as follows;

Waddington Arms - Waddington

Red Pump - Bashall Eaves

Inn at Whitewell - probably full due to a wedding

Mitton Hall - Whalley

Moorcock - Waddington

There is also the Parkers Arms at newton - not sure if have rooms or Hark to Bounty at Slaidburn again not sure if have rooms

There is also the Bayleys at Hurst green

Went to the Moorcock the other week - not impressed and heard someone else say the Bayley's is not what it was a year or two ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if anyone can advise me on a nice week in the North of England.

We plan to fly into Manchester Airport and spend a day there before moving on towards Blackburn.

We then plan to attend the Wolves game so we would need somewhere to stay in or around Blackburn which is reasonably cheap (preferably less than £70 per room per night) and within easy access of public transport. So if anyone has any recommendations then that would be great. It will make a nice change to stay over rather than driving 5/6 hours straight after the match.

We also hope to move on elsewhere for a few days. At the moment I'm considering York but I'm open to suggestions on other places which you feel is worth the visit especially if it's quite historical.

If anyone can help then that would be great. The important thing is attending the football game so anything around that is open for suggestion.

I'm wondering if anyone can advise me on a nice week in the North of England.

We plan to fly into Manchester Airport and spend a day there

Are you plane spotters?

Most of the answers you are looking for are already on this thread. Hotel - Fernhurst is around 60 quid, Bear is about 40 quid.

Don't go to York, it's in Yorkshire. Try Ribchester for the Roman bits, then go straight to either the Lake District, or the Lancashire Coast, or the Trough of Bowland, or Liverpool (City of Culture last year), or back to Manchester.

You will always have a "nice" week in the North of England. It's far better than the other end that's for sure.

Archived