BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles In Socal..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I just got back from my 2 hour trip (each way) from Ventura and watching the fusion and the dingles "battle it out".

Well me and my buddy got to the school right at kick off and made our way to the ticket line to buy our tickets. As were waiting in line I strart noticing the dirty looks we were getting which put a big smile on my face. Once we got our tickets I immeditly started looking for any other Rovers and spotted only 2 others. One was a tall older gentleman who was wearing an older red Rovers top and the second was a younger guy wearing a blue and white hsa top. Just wondering if Ventura Rover was one of these 2 Rovers I seen?

One thing that bothered me was the younger guy rocking the white and blue top has his jacket on and zipped up nearly all the way and you could barley see what he was wearing. Thing is me and my boy rocked out tops loud and proud. We walked all around the field showing our colors not giving a sh*t what those burnley F's thought.

Well the first 14 min or so of the game was actully pretty good the home team was exposing all sorts of holes in the burnley defence and looked for sure the stronger of the two sides but in the 15th the dingles went ahead and that seemed to have taken all the air out of the home twmas sails and the flood gates opened from there. Roughly 8 min or so later chris eagles was on the score sheet and then right before half time a needless ok was given up and it was 3-0 as the teams switched sides. At around 10min till half time me and my buddy made our way up the stands and I noticed 3 dingels "first team players" sitting up in the stands chatting contently among themselfs. So as any good Rovers fan would I made my way over and sat down next to them. As the half time wistle blew they began to get up and so I piped up and asked them how it felt to know that they would be religated by this time next year. They didn't seem to like it because they gave me the stink eye and walked away. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

I then looked at my buddy and we decided to leave. So after 45min of what has to be some of the worst football I've ever watched we got our selfs together and started heading out. As we left we got a many a dirty look to which made me smile again. While walking out there were 3 dingles standing out side the gates smoking fags and I'm sure partisapating in anti social behavier. But as we walked by we made eye contact and we smiled at each other and one of the guys said why are guys wearing those tops and I said why not. He then said that we shouldn't be wearing those tops around here to which I replyed that he should be embarrassed to be wearing that top he was wearing. He didn't seem to like it but turned and walked back to his friend who was going in to watch the rest of the game. From there we actully ran into two dingles who we ended up talking to for about 10min who were quite nice. We talked Rovers BFS and how they hope to stay up this year. We ended with a hand shake and a well it was nice meeting you and I hope you go down this year and we got into the car and left.

On a side note I do have to menition that I asked coyle (who didn't answer back) why he would pass up a chance to play at Celtic to manage a team that was as terriably terriable and burnley and why whould he pass up playing CL for div 1 football next year. Again he never answers me but I know ge heard me because he was only 10-15ft away max.

Sry forthe story just thought I'd share a small condenced version of what happened..

Well I just got back from my 2 hour trip (each way) from Ventura and watching the fusion and the dingles "battle it out".

Well me and my buddy got to the school right at kick off and made our way to the ticket line to buy our tickets. As were waiting in line I strart noticing the dirty looks we were getting which put a big smile on my face. Once we got our tickets I immeditly started looking for any other Rovers and spotted only 2 others. One was a tall older gentleman who was wearing an older red Rovers top and the second was a younger guy wearing a blue and white hsa top. Just wondering if Ventura Rover was one of these 2 Rovers I seen?

One thing that bothered me was the younger guy rocking the white and blue top has his jacket on and zipped up nearly all the way and you could barley see what he was wearing. Thing is me and my boy rocked out tops loud and proud. We walked all around the field showing our colors not giving a sh*t what those burnley F's thought.

Well the first 14 min or so of the game was actully pretty good the home team was exposing all sorts of holes in the burnley defence and looked for sure the stronger of the two sides but in the 15th the dingles went ahead and that seemed to have taken all the air out of the home twmas sails and the flood gates opened from there. Roughly 8 min or so later chris eagles was on the score sheet and then right before half time a needless ok was given up and it was 3-0 as the teams switched sides. At around 10min till half time me and my buddy made our way up the stands and I noticed 3 dingels "first team players" sitting up in the stands chatting contently among themselfs. So as any good Rovers fan would I made my way over and sat down next to them. As the half time wistle blew they began to get up and so I piped up and asked them how it felt to know that they would be religated by this time next year. They didn't seem to like it because they gave me the stink eye and walked away. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

I then looked at my buddy and we decided to leave. So after 45min of what has to be some of the worst football I've ever watched we got our selfs together and started heading out. As we left we got a many a dirty look to which made me smile again. While walking out there were 3 dingles standing out side the gates smoking fags and I'm sure partisapating in anti social behavier. But as we walked by we made eye contact and we smiled at each other and one of the guys said why are guys wearing those tops and I said why not. He then said that we shouldn't be wearing those tops around here to which I replyed that he should be embarrassed to be wearing that top he was wearing. He didn't seem to like it but turned and walked back to his friend who was going in to watch the rest of the game. From there we actully ran into two dingles who we ended up talking to for about 10min who were quite nice. We talked Rovers BFS and how they hope to stay up this year. We ended with a hand shake and a well it was nice meeting you and I hope you go down this year and we got into the car and left.

On a side note I do have to menition that I asked coyle (who didn't answer back) why he would pass up a chance to play at Celtic to manage a team that was as terriably terriable and burnley and why whould he pass up playing CL for div 1 football next year. Again he never answers me but I know ge heard me because he was only 10-15ft away max.

Sry forthe story just thought I'd share a small condenced version of what happened..

Nice questions asked of coyle

Who said the English language was dead?

If that was some of the worst football you have ever seen I am assuming you didn't see Rovers under Souness or indeed Bolton/Rovers under Alladyce?

By all accounts a decent enough run out for our boys, good conditioning for the new season.

If that was some of the worst football you have ever seen I am assuming you didn't see Rovers under Souness or indeed Bolton/Rovers under Alladyce?

By all accounts a decent enough run out for our boys, good conditioning for the new season.

Despite some dodgy games towards the end, Rovers under Souness played some great attacking, flair football.

Americans are rubbish at they're own language.

I think probably us Norwegians were better at speaking english than the americans.

Daft comment there, we speak a different dialect of English. Just like the North and South of England, Ireland, Australia, etc. We even sound like we have accents and everything.

Longsiders. We hardly played football under Souness, remember the free flowing passing in that 5-0 win? And our great football as we were led into Europe in 2003? I know the wheels fell off a bit at the end, but that statement couldn't have been more wrong.

I have to say, from own experience (went to an american uni in Madrid).

Americans are rubbish at they're own language.

I think probably us Norwegians were better at speaking english than the americans.

WHAT!!?? How can you say that?! Judging by the way the Swedish cheif represents you all on tv, I'd say your lot have barley got a grasp of language at all..! :P

Also berkshireblue thanks for the comment. And no I dont have fleas. I checked before I left and was fine. Thanks for asking though :D

who did say it was dead?

last i heard there was now 2 million english words

***Closet Rover alert***Closet Rover alert***

Rovers under Souness = 1 League cup, 1 promotion and beating your shower of @#/? 2-0 and 5-0.

I'll get yer coat.

:tu:

If that was some of the worst football you have ever seen I am assuming you didn't see Rovers under Souness

This was the same Rovers side with Dunn, Duff and Jansen in wasn't it. The most attacking side and manager we've had this decade who would often end up chucking caution to the wind when behind. A side that managed to win the Worthington Cup? Just curious.

edit - sorry Gav. Didnt get as far as your post before biting at this chump.

I must be confusing my managers, who was in charge when you were breaking legs and regularly putting players like Robben out of the game?

So you watched us under Hughes also :lol:

You've got Rovers shirts under your bed haven't you :lol:

Was that Hughes? Must have been that first season when he had to rescue you?

Actually I saw a few of your Sky games under Hughes and if I'm honest I always rated him and quite liked the balance in the team between football and aggresion.

Can someone change his name:

Riversiders1875

Archived