BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Afghanistan

July 15th Thenodrog wrote

but to date and as usual it's a far better suggestion than yours Colin.

July 16th I wrote

What was my suggestion?

July 16th Thenodrog wrote

Exactly. As usual Colin you didn't bloody well offer one!

Theno,

So, how you conclude that an opinion is "a far better suggestion" than one you know nothing about?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
July 15th Thenodrog wrote

July 16th I wrote

July 16th Thenodrog wrote

Theno,

So, how you conclude that an opinion is "a far better suggestion" than one you know nothing about?

In my opinion your ink's running out. I suggest you refill your pen.

• 1 month later...

Very interesting twist coming from the Daily Mail of all places.

Firstly they report that British support for the war in Afghanistan is down to 17% then they run this biggy

Osama has been dead for years and its all a giant cook-up by the US and British to prolong the war on terror.

Hmm, perhaps they know that nailing Blair/Brown for lying about Afghanistan (to protect the American big lie?) would shove Cameron over the line when a Tory majority is currently likely but far from assured. The Mail are daft enough to pull a stunt like that now the republicans are no longer in power.

I'm caught in two minds on this. I think Al Qaeda is without doubt the marketing brand par excelence of the 2000s. Just yell Al Qaeda and trillions of dollars get mobilised. I know how difficult it is to set up trans national entities within the EU so Bin Laden and his mates must be mega logistics and organisation guys to run a corporation spanning Algeria, Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Mindanao and Bali from a cave in Bora Bora with the entire NATO/American military aparatus on their tale. Frankly, that much is undoubtedly western hype- all those folks are nasties, but give us all a break and credit us with some intelligence, they ain't all Al Qaeda.

On the otherhand I think Bill Maher caught it absolutely right when he told all the conspiracy movements- the birthers, the 9/11ers, the moon landing deniers etc to unite into a single conspiratorial movement. Only don't use the internet, just communicate in their traditional method sitting on a park bench shouting at a pigeon.

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't solve the problem; the refugees will only set up camp somewhere else.

Refugees? How many really qualify for that description? Better to accept a little responsibility and get the eu to pay some borassic 3rd world countries with a desperate requirement for foreign currency £5 or so per head per week to set up refugee camps for em. The likes of Western Sahara, Greenland, South Georgia etc spring quickly to mind, anywhere in fact where they'd be safe from harm and oppression. Oh and one destination for males and another for females of course to prevent strategic breeding. ;)

Sorted..... Next

Refugees? How many really qualify for that description? Better to accept a little responsibility and get the eu to pay some borassic 3rd world countries with a desperate requirement for foreign currency £5 or so per head per week to set up refugee camps for em. The likes of Western Sahara, Greenland, South Georgia etc spring quickly to mind, anywhere in fact where they'd be safe from harm and oppression. Oh and one destination for males and another for females of course to prevent strategic breeding. ;)

Sorted..... Next

You really have a knack at trivializing the momentous and complicating the obvious, you should really run for Parliament. :lol:

New camp already expanding on the outskirts of Dunkirk.

What is it about Dunkirk and invasions? Lets hope they are as succesful as we were.

btw if the majority are Afghani 'refugees' then wtf's up with Pakistan and Iran on either side? Hot , smelly, dusty and mosques galore. Perfect..... or is the welfare system not up to ours?

The madness of Gordy......... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/565...ax-revenue.html

New camp already expanding on the outskirts of Dunkirk.

Bulldoze that one an 'all

What is it about Dunkirk and invasions? Lets hope they are as succesful as we were.

btw if the majority are Afghani 'refugees' then wtf's up with Pakistan and Iran on either side? Hot , smelly, dusty and mosques galore.

They must want cold wet and windy with mosques galore

It's a bloody long way to come. some of these people are minors as well. Shocking really.

They claim that they are persecuted by the Taliban and that they have no human rights at home, so that probably rules out Pakistan if so. But surely there's a lot of countries they could have claimed asylum at before the UK. But then again, the French treat them as little better than dogs, whereas in the UK we play it a little fairer, with a generous welfare system paid for by the poor buggers who have to work for a living. It's either that or they disappear into the black economy to be taken advantage of by unscrupulous bosses.

There needs to be some pan-European agreement on the treatment of refugees (although I thought there already was ... they need to claim asylum at their first safe port of call?) something needs to be done because we have people who are that desperate to go from Afghanistan to the UK, that they're willing to die in the attempt 22 miles from their target.

They claim that they are persecuted by the Taliban and that they have no human rights at home, so that probably rules out Pakistan if so. But surely there's a lot of countries they could have claimed asylum at before the UK. But then again, the French treat them as little better than dogs, whereas in the UK we play it a little fairer, with a generous welfare system paid for by the poor buggers who have to work for a living. It's either that or they disappear into the black economy to be taken advantage of by unscrupulous bosses.

There needs to be some pan-European agreement on the treatment of refugees (although I thought there already was ... they need to claim asylum at their first safe port of call?) something needs to be done because we have people who are that desperate to go from Afghanistan to the UK, that they're willing to die in the attempt 22 miles from their target.

Maybe this is why the politicos want Turkey to come into the eu. So that we have somewhere to relocate em whose civil rights will encourage em to prefer to stay at home. ;)

• 9 months later...

My son in law travelled to Wootton Bassett today to honour his mate coming home in a flag draped coffin.

Here's our Lee and Martin at a reunion p1ss up a while back

36445_481473628008_598168008_6240126_3654882_n.jpg

Here's Martin in the paper

36445_481473633008_598168008_6240127_3650876_n.jpg

There's nothing so overwhelmingly British as the spirit in that village, and nothing as disgusting as this pointless, totally pointless unwinnable campaign.

If they want to live in the stone age let them, it's none of our business.

Bring them home now.

• 1 month later...

By supreme irony the BBC reporter this morning was giving his report when in the background a call to prayer started over some loudspeakers in Islamabad. How the hell can the citizens of that country continue to believe there is a supreme being looking out for them when they are continually subject to all manner of natural disasters on a regular basis and this time during their main religious festival?

The story of the 10 aid workers executed by the Taliban on the pretext that they were christians has gone very quiet and very quickly. I sincerely hope that the condemnation of the Taliban continues and that the story is not being covered up simply because an appeal has been started to help the flood victims in Pakistan. It's obviously a terrible disaster but why the hell should anybody other than another muslim ever want to go there to help anybody when doing so is simply placing their own lives in unecessary mortal peril?

We are lead to believe that all muslims are brothers and that the followers of Islam do not recognise boundaries and at the same time we are being regaled daily with tales of the fabulous wealth behind the vulgar and profligant actions of the Arabs at Man City, so who the hell feels like chipping in with any of their own hard earned? At the risk of being called hard hearted certainly not me thats for sure.

Got to agree Drog, I feel for these people but with the surrounding areas wealth you would expect a lot more assistance.

What amazes me is that the same people who burn US flags in the street are the same ones pulling bags and bags with humantarian aid labled with those same flags.

Archived