BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Merchandise Requests

How about a "legend" series of t-shirts including the likes of Douglas, Clayton, Faz, Keeley, Garner, Hendry & Sellars through to Jansen, Gallacher, Friedel etc...

About £10 each - I reckon they would fly off the shelves..

This is a cracking idea. I reckon they'd be a fast mover.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a cracking idea. I reckon they'd be a fast mover.

Someone had a similar idea and shifted loads. The club would do well to do something along these lines.

Cheap and cheerful to produce, flog em at a tenner apiece and they would move like hotcakes.

Would like the club to investigate the possibility of a club history on DVD with archived footage....more than overdue for a club of our standing in the game.

Totally agree, I'm sure it be a best seller.

I'd like to see more retro shirts, going back to year dot, to here & now. In one of Mr. jackman's books, Bob Crompton is wearing one like a Caesar and Peter Holland has a tie up collar shirt from the '20's which looks real grand. Toffs etc are alreyt but they don't earn the club owt & aren't always accurate. Plus, I'd love to see a photographic history, daft things like, behind the scenes, owd ground if possible, fans going to Ewood, on chara's to far flung places etc, films of games years back, I could go on or open a shop.

Its just some feedback for your contact Hughesy.

Feedback taken - Some feedback for you :P

"It's worth clarifying this point: We will be conducting a thorough review of our merchandising lines by researching other clubs around the UK and even Europe (the wonder of the web) plus the highstreet and empirical info studies in the market.

However, this board has die-hard and creative fans on it with high spend per head on merchandising. Therefore, their input is an important factor in this research."

Also based on some of the early suggestions - plans to extend the range of 'legends' t-shirts is already up and running, following on from RSC & Tugay t-shirts.

hello Hughesy & everyone,

good to see they are getting fans views on merchandise I would like to see a few more items e.g. leather wallets where you can carry around all your cards,like the idea of etched mirrors,golf umbrella's, wallpaper and wallpaper borders, lamps & shades, Rovers wallbangers, also would love the idea of a rovers suit I went to my cousin's wedding and would have loved to have worn a rovers suit I think they look really smart I have also mentioned it before depends how popular it is among fans would really like the club if possible to design a rovers bbq with the traditional emblem and trad blue and white halve colours would also love to have a rovers rucksack & cereal bowls.

laters all

Would like the club to investigate the possibility of a club history on DVD with archived footage....more than overdue for a club of our standing in the game.

I would love this as I suspect many fans would.I wonder this has not been done previously?Could it be that copyright issues from The video and audio sources have played a role?Also the title winning season,the Worthington Cup on DVD would be wonderful.

Ok the club is listening - we now have 2 shops and they now want a thread asking fans, what items they would like to see added to the shop?

Now obviously some items will be too expensive and minimum purchase orders may be a problem (depending on the item) - so its worth noting this is just to give the club ideas about what it is we want from the shop & then they can look into making it happen.

Few ideas from me:

Rovers Umbrellas (both golf and small ones)

More framed pictures & canvases - maybe with a booklet full of designs to pick from?

Limited edition pictures - maybe signed framed pics or something (celtic do quite a few)

Rovers wallets

Rovers shirts - Maybe just plain work shirts, but with a small badge maybe imprinted on the shirt.

Please add more.

Oh also iv suggested an iPhone app - which the club are going to investigate, as there isnt a single one out there, yet other clubs have them.

Double duve covers - they only do single at the momnent,

More badges - match badges, sow on badges,

Just a few suggestions.

Rovers swimwear for those hot days or those travelling to various countries. :D you would only get in stock during your summer months, so if there are still left you can then mark them down when it gets to winter.

Double duve covers - they only do single at the momnent,

More badges - match badges, sow on badges,

Just a few suggestions.

I can see it now. Benni and Roberts on those Double Duvet Covers Pafell. I wonder how the missus would feel having to sleep under that lol

condoms

:D

Small, medium, large and Chris Samba sizes!

"Sambas- for men with that inimitably large dong"

(Can't give a serious answer though, haven't been in there in years in order to know what we need)

I know its impossible for this one because of the day and age of money money money that we live in but I would love to have some gear without the sponsor splashed all over it. Many times have I walked into the shop and looked at a coat or a T-Shirt and said I am having that only to pick it up and find the sponsor in massive writing on the back of it or across the middle. That really puts me off and the item goes back on the hook.

Also, in 95 we had blue and white tracksuits (halves). Why can we not have more things like that again?

Also, if there are going to be some sort of legend shirts (I guess this will be difficult in a way because you would need to give each player a cut for using their name) but I wish that the shirt could be of a better quality. I would sooner pick up a thick (like our training tops) plane T shirt with Shearer 9 on the back (for example) than a cheapo one that will stretch in the wash and I wouldn't really get more than a couple of wears out of (the santa one wont anyway as it lives in the bin now)

As for the DVD's. I was shocked when I bought mine from the shop to find it was just a straight rip from the VHS. No attempt what so ever had been made to try and clean it up - I felt very ripped off with that I must say.

Also the title winning season,the Worthington Cup on DVD would be wonderful.

They do those but see below. Shame the quality couldnt be improved - surely sky cameras must have better quality than VHS?

Also, in 95 we had blue and white tracksuits (halves). Why can we not have more things like that again?

As for the DVD's. I was shocked when I bought mine from the shop to find it was just a straight rip from the VHS.

Agree on the halved tracksuits - remember seeing them at Anfield when we won the league - Think it was Tony Gale who had one on.

smos - Not sure that ALL merchandise is on the site? I know that the canvas pics are not.

I'm sure that Sky, or whoever originally broadcast the games, still have the original source somewhere if it was to be produced for DVD instead of transferred from VHS. Although probably anything mid 90's and before would be a bit more difficult and would need to be remastered, especially in todays HD market.

seems most people are asking for things that we had in the old store to me.. rovers lamps, wallpaper boarders ext ext was all there to buy before the store was turned into a franchise.. i cant comment on whats there now, havent looked around the plae in years, do they still do badges? whats the range like? iv got a 95' cap covered in 60+ different rovers badges, used to get one every other game i went to when i was younger (was a st holder from 5 till 16 then work got in the way)

sticking with the historic games thing, maybe they could have some historic match day programs availble?

also if anyones watched MTV cribs where players have a shirt from each club they have played for framed, a similar thing could be do with modern legends.. all they really need to do is get the back of a shirt and print it, then frame it

They should look at other Club Shops in other countries esp. Germany. For instance lovely t-shirts like the Team shirts but in cotton not that sweaty nylony type material. Try Bayer Leverkusen or Hannover FC websites for true City centre fashion and football style.

Who is whining Hughesy?

Its a genuine question.

If the club really want feedback on merchandise why restrict it to the members of brfcs? Are we the only fans who have important opinions?

Seems a very clumsy way of doing it. But then again, I dont work in marketing ;)

It seems the club are again going out of their way to get the fans input into the way they are doing business. Credit where credit is due, and I'm sure they havnt sat down and said "we'll do BRFCS and nothing else"...

It's a good start by the club shop.

Various car stickers, bean bags, ceramic coasters, dog/cat collar & lead (other clubs do them), hip flasks, fridge magnets, tax disc holders.

Also the option to personalise cups/mugs/glasses etc.

I think the best so far has got to be the range of legend T Shirts. They would fly off the shelves.

I think we should have a Rovers themed pub in the town centre as well. Pretty much take the Blues Bar and plonk it in the town centre.

It would receive more custom for drink and food!

Would it not become a target for 'other' fans after a few drinks??

Archived