BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Merchandise Requests

I think the gift card idea is a very good one ... the club shop used to sell st george cross' and union jacks with the club badge on them, but a bit bigger than the 6x3 might be an idea?

Reason I came up with the idea is because whenever I am out buying my nephew a present, I have to be careful on what size to get for him etc. If the gift card was available, I could simply top-up however much I wanted and give it to him to spend at the club shop on whatever he wanted. I'm sure many others are in the same situation when buying gifts for people. The club wouldn't lose out on anything.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen shirt shaped keychains on ebay, which you can personalise (your name and number or a player's name).

Problem is they are unofficial and the front of the shirt would be just plain with blackburn rovers written, no crest or anything.

That and shirt shaped key rings or maybe crest shaped that are rubber as opposed to hard plastic or metal, to avoid scratching the car or doors.

A halved beach towel would be a great idea. I did get my hands on a towel off ebay but its not big enough to cover a beach bed.

Framed Newspaper pages of important Rovers events. Early day promotions, league title, league cup, Ince sacked (why not ??)

As many have mentioned RETRO SHIRTS. The Perspex shirt from 1989 looks amazing and it was on ebay and I tried to bid but at 140 pounds was a little too expensive !!

With regards to legends shirts I have actually had a black t shirt printed myself with pics of garner, hendry, shearer, sutton, duff, jansen, friedel and tugay. the pics are about 5cmx15cm and are all next to eachother without spaces. So it basically looks like one pic.

I think I made it sound awful but it actually looks quite nice. I think this is a great idea. I would put a pic up but I havent got one.

Also, Fred Perry style zip up tracksuit jackets. Not training style but a fashionable style.

Thats about it for now

Packs of balloons (blue & white)

Blue & white bunting

Rovers birthday cakes

.....all great ideas for kids parties

Scarves (an extensive collection)

club pendants

cups/mugs

.....all affordable presents kids can afford

Flags (rovers/lancashire/england/union) even flags of players nationalities (how many Turkish flags were at Ewood??)

I like the international shirt with Rovers players names on idea.

Retro shirts with names & numbers of past legends on......Garner, Hendry, Keeley etc....

Novelty t-shirts (remember the Bumley starwars t-shirt?) or the Shearer 'guinness' shirts?

just a few ideas..... <_<

Why dont the club create sports gear for other sports , and market them around key events throughout the year. For instance BRFC Running Gear sold ahead of the London Marathon, Cycling Gear ahead of the Tour de France, Tennis Gear ahead of Wimbledon. Aldi have sales such as these. I for one would buy Rovers badged Running/Cycling and Swimming wear.

Well when they asked about a thread - they did say that they wanted 'ideas' from fans so that they could look into the price and the minimum order requirement etc - il ask to see what they are working on and let you know.

Out of interest how is the store doing? I aint been in Blackburn town centre for ages and Im led to believe its in GAMEs old unit which to me seems a little big for a town centre club shop.

As for suggestions, I loved the model Ewood Parks we sold in the nineties!!

Generally though I tend not to buy Rovers branded stuff other than the Kits because I feel a lot of the stuff is a bit tacky. I would agree on the DVDs etc (maybe a Blu Ray for Xmas with the upcoming Burnley game on). I also like the idea of the International shirts with player names on but I can't see Umbro liking us selling Addidas branded shirts.

Like that idea splitscreen

I contacted them a few weeks ago for prices of the one with the split screenvan on it to sell at the shows I attend.

Order 30 @ approx £100 inc vat.

Pretty sure someone in marketing could find a company in Asia to do the job much cheaper.

I like the alcohol glasses that the club used to produce. Shot glasses/wine glasses/pint glasses/whiskey glasses.

Bring them back!!

Think they already sell pint glassess & whiskey glasses.

How about Rovers bikini's for the ladies & maybe even a rovers related christmas helper outfit for the women to wear as a christmas prezzy too ha ha!! :lol:

This is a club that is really in tune with its supporters: http://www.fcstpauli-shop.com/

For a Premier League club to ask a fan to then ask a fans website for ideas of what to sell in the shop tells me that

1) They haven't got a club about the supporters they are dealing with

2) They've no confidence in whoever is doing the buying currently

3) They haven't the time to research it themselves.

A very poor do.

As someone else has mentioned, why not run it as a story on their website saying they are conducting research? Doing it this way makes them look amateurish in the extreme.

This is a club that is really in tune with its supporters: http://www.fcstpauli-shop.com/

For a Premier League club to ask a fan to then ask a fans website for ideas of what to sell in the shop tells me that

A very poor do.

As someone else has mentioned, why not run it as a story on their website saying they are conducting research? Doing it this way makes them look amateurish in the extreme.

How about a club that WANTS to know what it's fans would like to buy therefore being very in tune with them. How is a club going to become like that? THEY ASK THE FANS!!!

A very poor do.

Wonder if you would have found that club shop. if not for Hoilett.

As to the idea. Then again why waste money on goods your customer does not want, nothing worse than dead stock, unless you love the end of season sales.

Some people will never be happy/disgruntled with the way the club is run, why should the shop be any different.

Personally I think it's essential to seek information on your clients/customers needs.

"It's worth clarifying this point: We will be conducting a thorough review of our merchandising lines by researching other clubs around the UK and even Europe (the wonder of the web) plus the highstreet and empirical info studies in the market.

However, this board has die-hard and creative fans on it with high spend per head on merchandising. Therefore, their input is an important factor in this research."

See above boss.

Archived