BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Golf

I refuse to watch that elitist crap when my fiance's golf obsessed mum told me that if an amatuer won it, all they get is a trophy for being the best amatuer. Fair enough, they won't be amatuers if they pick up the £750,000 for winning it I can understand that, but to not even win the real trophy after being people whose whole career is devoted to the game is unbelievable. It is the top pro player who gets to 'win' the famous trophy, and not the top player. Or so I have been told.

I refuse to watch that elitist crap when my fiance's golf obsessed mum told me that if an amatuer won it, all they get is a trophy for being the best amatuer. Fair enough, they won't be amatuers if they pick up the £750,000 for winning it I can understand that, but to not even win the real trophy after being people whose whole career is devoted to the game is unbelievable. It is the top pro player who gets to 'win' the famous trophy, and not the top player. Or so I have been told.

Shouldn't worry Billy. It ain't going to happen. :D

I know it almost definately won't, but it is still unfair that the discrimination exists. I think there were a few who have got in the top 10 scores over the years. It is more of an achievement to win a major if you had to take the week off from working at a call centre than if you had trained every day and played in tournaments to sharpen up your skills.

I do hate golf, and that is bad, as my future mother in law is properly obsessed with the game (she Sky+'s any tournament she can) and has threatened to take any kids I may have as a caddy and get them as keen as her. I'd rather see them become cage fighters than become some fat middle aged tosspot striding some environmental catastrophe.

Shame for Watson, he went to pieces in the play off.

Billy - the amateurs know the score when they attempt to qualify and then play in the tournament themselves. Its a tournament for professional golfers that they allow amateurs the chance to take part in. There's nothing stopping the amateur turning pro before they enter.

Absolutely hate it when a yank wins our Open. I know Watson is American but he's our American.

I have nothing against Americans per sae in fact I have many American friends from my business trips to California but I just can't stand them winning at golf.

Irrational I know! :(

Absolutely hate it when a yank wins our Open. I know Watson is American but he's our American.

I have nothing against Americans per sae in fact I have many American friends from my business trips to California but I just can't stand them winning at golf.

Irrational I know! :(

Not irrational.

Americans think they are the best at golf and absolutely hate it when Europe wins the Ryder Cup. Having witnessed the boorish behaviour of US fans at the Belfry in 1989 (arise Christie O'Connor), I should know.

The morons were even chanting U-S-A as Cink went up to collect the trophy after his victory at Turnberry on Sunday.

After Lee Westwood bottled yet another chance to win a major, I couldn't be bothered to watch the playoff.

After Lee Westwood bottled yet another chance to win a major, I couldn't be bothered to watch the playoff.

Now golf is not a sport I usually watch but I thought the final two or three hours, including the play off, were unmissable.

Well done to the two from the States, Cink for the win, and Watson for being a true gentleman, almost pulling off one of the greatest sporting feats in a long, long time.

Credit where credit is due.

Now golf is not a sport I usually watch but I thought the final two or three hours, including the play off, were unmissable.

Well done to the two from the States, Cink for the win, and Watson for being a true gentleman, almost pulling off one of the greatest sporting feats in a long, long time.

Credit where credit is due.

Each to his own! :P

• 8 months later...

I know we have a few golfers on here, to sure if this is of intrest to any of you ......

Good afternoon,

I hope this finds you well.

As a Blackburn Rovers supporter, you may have already heard about The Profantastic Golf Challenge 2010; the Sky Sports televised UK golf championship, which Rovers fans have the opportunity to compete in.

The event takes place at Pleasington Golf Club, on Monday, 23rd August and promises to a superb day out for the fans. (See www.profantasticgolf.com)

Every competitor will be treated to pre-golf hospitality, 18 holes of televised golf, a superb buffet dinner, a polo shirt in team colours to play in and keep, plus the chance to meet the club legends.

The winning Blackburn pair will be taken on an expenses paid trip to the Grand Final to the stunning Oceanico Amendoeira Golf Resort, Algarve, Portugal, where they will compete alongside their individual club legends in a televised final, against winners from 16 other premier league clubs.

The competition is open to any amateur golfer over 18 yrs of age with a golf handicap, and costs just £75 + vat each to enter, with free places in the Grand Final up for grabs for all winning pairs.

As you can imagine, places are limited, with only 100 golfers per heat, meaning just 25 pairs are available per football club. (Blackburn & Bolton)

I would be very grateful if you could pass on this information to your members, to give them the opportunity to take part in this unique televised golf event.

If you would like some more details, please do not hesitate to give me a call directly, on 01698 429 429.

I have also attached some information about the heat for you.

Many thanks for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Derek McQuade

General Manager

Profantastic Golf

Pro Club International Ltd,

c/o "The Saw Mill"

Sunnyside Road

South Quarter

South Lanarkshire, ML3 7XH

T: 00 44 1698 429 429

Mob: 00 44 790 1854 795

F: 00 44 1698 429 021