BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Twitter

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, after reading the iPhone thread, I now realise I'm not the only one. So, who else is hopelessly addicted to twitter and what's your id.

I'll start.

SlamTiltUK

I don't get it. Can you tell me what's good about it? What would I get out of it? I do use Facebook so I'm not a complete luddite :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm addicted, always checking echofon on my iphone.

alanmhardman

Other than those mentioned, I would also recommend the following twitters:

Swannyg66

caitlinmoran

VictoriaCoren

newsarse

DrSamuelJohnson

shitmydadsays

TheActualMoon

realnickgriffin (not him, but somebody who takes to mike out of him)

charltonbrooker

So pointless then! :wacko:

Depends. I don't really use it but there are some benefits to it. It's obviously completely realtime so you can get news there before it gets published on any proper website. It's useful for monitoring buzz about products (for people in the relevant industry anyway). It's useful for getting leaked albums that record companies are monitoring constantly. Plus there are some pretty funny ones such as the guy who posts all the funny stuff his dad says (he got a TV deal out of it in the US). You can read short movie reviews instantly (sometimes when people are still in the cinema) rather than waiting for somebody to go home and post something on rottentomatoes.com. For people writing things like "Just going to shop for bread and milk" or writing about their feelings or whatnot then yeah, completely pointless.

Depends. I don't really use it but there are some benefits to it. It's obviously completely realtime so you can get news there before it gets published on any proper website. It's useful for monitoring buzz about products (for people in the relevant industry anyway). It's useful for getting leaked albums that record companies are monitoring constantly. Plus there are some pretty funny ones such as the guy who posts all the funny stuff his dad says (he got a TV deal out of it in the US). You can read short movie reviews instantly (sometimes when people are still in the cinema) rather than waiting for somebody to go home and post something on rottentomatoes.com. For people writing things like "Just going to shop for bread and milk" or writing about their feelings or whatnot then yeah, completely pointless.

It was comedy gold when Stephen Fry posted a rescue plea when he and others were trapped in a lift. That's more a testament to HIM than Twitter though. That's the point of it.....to twitter.

• Backroom

I'll admit I'm a saddo I mainly follow WWE Wrestlers and of course Stephen Fry, also Stuart Holden when I thought he may join us, time to remove him

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f****** big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f****** fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit-crushing game shows, stuffing f****** junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f*****-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life.

Archived