BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nick Blackman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read in the Jewish Telegraph (Manchester regional paper) that he is aiming to break through to the Rovers 1st team in about a year max. He can qualify to play for either England, Israel or Jamaica (the latter due to parentage).

I believe he must qualify for ALL due to parentage? Not just Jamaica....

Fair enough. Well you can gain nationality via residence and I think FIFA also allows you to go back to your grandparents for a bloodline link, so sometimes it won't even be a nationality that your parents have.

Fair enough. Well you can gain nationality via residence and I think FIFA also allows you to go back to your grandparents for a bloodline link, so sometimes it won't even be a nationality that your parents have.

Thanks for the info Eddie....I REALLY have to brush up my knowledge to have any hope of fulfilling my dreams of fotty management!! Any helpful, obscure ruling u know of to help me out? (I'm kinda new to the game....only 4 years a fan, so I don't know a LOT of transfer shizzle and that. any helpful links to pm me?)

Anyone can send to me if helpful. Cheers

Thanks for the info Eddie....I REALLY have to brush up my knowledge to have any hope of fulfilling my dreams of fotty management!! Any helpful, obscure ruling u know of to help me out? (I'm kinda new to the game....only 4 years a fan, so I don't know a LOT of transfer shizzle and that. any helpful links to pm me?)

Anyone can send to me if helpful. Cheers

Give Paul Ince a ring, i'm sure he'll be happy to help.

Try working on your coaching badges before you do anything else. I'm sure they cover all the basic rules of football.

Give Paul Ince a ring, i'm sure he'll be happy to help.

Try working on your coaching badges before you do anything else. I'm sure they cover all the basic rules of football.

Like telling players to SHOOT in the opposition's penalty area.

I meant niggly, obscure, stupid FA/FIFA rulings....actually I may take a step back and do sports psychology course before I do any proper coaching stuff.

If you've been there, you can play for them.

Niggly, obscure, stupid? The offside rule...

You can definitely qualify for a national team based on "naturalisation" - look at all the Brazilians playing for other countries around the world. Eduardo for Croatia springs to mind but there's also a Brazilian lad who plays for Japan whose name I can't remember. Almunia is eligible for an English passport soon although our FA is significantly sniffier than most about the idea.

Anyway Nick Blackman - a few Blackpool fans round here didn't rate him as Championship level when he was on loan at 'Pool.

Despite my initial reservations, it looks like Ince has picked up a good one. He's definitely one of our best reserve players at the moment, and is already banging in goals for them in pre-season.

I think all the ambitious reserve players should be seeking loan moves. The reserve league can only take you so far.

• 1 year later...

9 in 13 for motherwell, has anybody seen him or know his attributes / style? if he continues and looks like he could bag a few off the bench a la derb's he could be worth recalling in january..

nicko - what do your buddies in scotland say?

Surely has to get a contract after his Motherwell exploits - he has to be worth 1-2m quid minimum at present (could go of course if the goals dry up)/

As for playing for Rovers it is a possibility at the moment considering our strikers consist of a crock (Benji), a talented striker who can make virtually no impact despite dozens of starts (Kalinic), a want away sure to be sold (Roberts), and a loanee who looks average and anyway seems better on the wing than up front (M Diouf).

Surely has to get a contract after his Motherwell exploits - he has to be worth 1-2m quid minimum at present (could go of course if the goals dry up)/

As for playing for Rovers it is a possibility at the moment considering our strikers consist of a crock (Benji), a talented striker who can make virtually no impact despite dozens of starts (Kalinic), a want away sure to be sold (Roberts), and a loanee who looks average and anyway seems better on the wing than up front (M Diouf).

Dunno about being worth a minimum of 1-2 million quid yet, but I'd see about getting him a new deal as he COULD have something about him. It's very hard to say though whilst he plays Scottish football. The fact he is still young is a reason to be optimistic.

But in a sense his exploits so far just go to show how poor the SPL is. He'd be 5th choice striker at Rovers- a team with a shortage of strikers and a goalscoring problem. He has never scored more than one goal for an English team, including stints in the Championship and League One (and League Two briefly? Not sure about that). And yet he has gone right in as second top scorer in the SPL.

IMO, Rangers and Celtic are lower EPL/higher Championship level teams (obviously could grow bigger if in the EPL though). Hearts are Championship level. And the rest are about League One standard.

Dunno about being worth a minimum of 1-2 million quid yet, but I'd see about getting him a new deal as he COULD have something about him. It's very hard to say though whilst he plays Scottish football. The fact he is still young is a reason to be optimistic.

But in a sense his exploits so far just go to show how poor the SPL is. He'd be 5th choice striker at Rovers- a team with a shortage of strikers and a goalscoring problem. He has never scored more than one goal for an English team, including stints in the Championship and League One (and League Two briefly? Not sure about that). And yet he has gone right in as second top scorer in the SPL.

IMO, Rangers and Celtic are lower EPL/higher Championship level teams (obviously could grow bigger if in the EPL though). Hearts are Championship level. And the rest are about League One standard.

I'm only basing it on what similar high scoring SPL players have gone for to Championship/Lower prem teams in the pas. IF he keeps scoring at the rate he is I am sure a team would take a punt on him for 1-2m quid if he is under contract and available.

It is a sorry situation in Scotland. Blackman would get into the national squad at present for them. But then England played Bothroyd last night.....

I think you're going very OTT in your appraisal of Blackman here JBN.

He's only got one more goal than Adam Rooney and Conor Sammon, whoever they are. He wouldn't be anywhere near the Scottish squad at this stage, even if he was eligible.

As for his price tag? Definitely still under £1 million. If he wasn't on loan from us none of us would even know his name (except those who follow the Scottish league as well).

I think you're going very OTT in your appraisal of Blackman here JBN.

He's only got one more goal than Adam Rooney and Conor Sammon, whoever they are. He wouldn't be anywhere near the Scottish squad at this stage, even if he was eligible.

As for his price tag? Definitely still under £1 million. If he wasn't on loan from us none of us would even know his name (except those who follow the Scottish league as well).

Maybe I am, but both Rooney and Sammon are Irish. You go down to the next fellow on the scorers list - Goodwillie - never heard of him you might say. Does he have a Scotland cap - oh yes he does.

Archived