BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nick Blackman

Leaving aside Jordan's excellent games/goals ration for us his record in League 1 was almost a goal a game, don't think Blackman is anywhere near that in the same league. Good luck to him in the Prem but comparable to us buying Badnob IMO.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leaving aside Jordan's excellent games/goals ration for us his record in League 1 was almost a goal a game, don't think Blackman is anywhere near that in the same league. Good luck to him in the Prem but comparable to us buying Badnob IMO.

6 of Blackman's 11 league goals have been penalties. A record of 5 goals from open play in 28 games in League 1 isn't much to shout about. I daresay if we signed someone with a similar record people would be apoplectic.

But is he going to get a look in there? Pogrebniak; Le Fondre and let's not forget dear old Jason Roberts must all surely be ahead of him in the pecking order.

He reminds me of players like Kit Napier who appeared to be doing so well in the lower divisions that a top division club takes a punt on them, only to have to discard them fairly soon afterwards.

• Backroom
SEM client, very dubious contract extension while he was here when the 'management' seemingly had no plans to involve him in the first team set up.

Stop scaremongering, he was an INCE signing ffs.

Why does it matter if SEM are involved? They are a footy agency and will have players on their books. Our current manager has a lawyer who is an agent at WGM (or something) under the kentaro umbrella. The two share no interests other than that.

As I said previously, it's like being wary about getting a VW because you once had a dodgy Audi.

Not scare mongering - like Jensen, they were not given contracts at the club for merit purposes.

Ince had nothing to do with his improved contract here. Next you will be saying Myles A signing was a coincidence.

I can understand you wanting to grasp on to any positivity but try and face reality if you can.

• Backroom
Not scare mongering - like Jensen, they were not given contracts at the club for merit purposes.

Ince had nothing to do with his improved contract here. Next you will be saying Myles A signing was a coincidence.

I can understand you wanting to grasp on to any positivity but try and face reality if you can.

My apologies, I assumed he was on the same contract. Ignore me :P

Myles Anderson was CLEARLY not quite what we were supposed to believe haha. DAT TACKLE!

In terms of the positivity thing, I think many people (not yourself, as I misunderstood your post) feel that any future deal under the Kentaro umbrella means Anderson is still involved. It seems more a case of them clinging to negativity for the sake of it. I see nothing to feel negative of since Appleton came in. Possibly the quality of backroom team, but we're a lesser quality club now. Not to mention the monetary issues.

But on the playing side of things, you're only as good as your last (few) games. On average, we've been about...erm....average, but steadily improving. If we beat Bristol in a similar manner to Derby, I'll feel more like an old-fashioned Rovers fan again :)

Archived