BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] E-bay Question?

One thing to remember sparky is that you are the only one who can leave negative feedback. We sellers can only reply <_< . Most sellers will do anything to avoid it.

Cletus - any news???

I`ve asked him to wait a bit longer.....to give it a chance to arrive.

The post office has sent it via Hong Kong, although the destination isn`t Hong Kong......it`s just outside (they say) :huh:

China is a very big country, so i don`t know what 'just outside' is

I have asked them to send it again - and they said they have. But it couldnt take this long could it??? I bought other stuff from ebay and its only taken max a week to get here (ROI)

The joys of living on the border ^_^ I get mine sent to my uncles in NI and it arrives a day or two later :P

I`ve asked him to wait a bit longer.....to give it a chance to arrive.

The post office has sent it via Hong Kong, although the destination isn`t Hong Kong......it`s just outside (they say) :huh:

China is a very big country, so i don`t know what 'just outside' is

What did the tracking say????

PHEWWW!!! :unsure:

I received an email yesterday from my man in Hong Kong, saying that his items had arrived & every thing was ok with them :tu:

I gotta admit i`m extremely relieved to hear this, as i didn`t want to go through all the rigmorole & argueing about who owes who what.

I have learned one lesson from this though.......DON`T SELL E-BAY ITEMS TO PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE UK.

It`s just not worth the hassle ;)

Pleased for you cletus. I'll bet you where dreading answering that message.

Don't stop sending stuff abroad, I send plenty of stuff to Aus, Asia and so on. cletus seriously they pay well and pay good money, just use a different courier parcelforce is a nightmare. The one I use shows the tracking of the item at all stages, and is very detailed they've not let me down once in about 50 or so times I've sent large items abroad. Oh and their much cheaper.

Easier not to bother mate - I always tell them no. Unless you have a big business set up, its a pain in the backside

I have learned one lesson from this though.......DON`T SELL E-BAY ITEMS TO PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE UK.

It`s just not worth the hassle ;)

Told ya! Too much trouble. Stick to UK only.

I've got a few items listed as free-post, but I've been asked whether I'll post to Italy and France. Can I edit the postage cost when the auction has finished? I'm sure I've tried before and it keeps resetting to zero cost when I try and send it.

Also, I've sold a number of items which stated free post, recorded first class delivery. As I'm paying for the post myself, is it bad etiquette to send the items just first class (ie. not recorded). I've got 6 items to post in my half hour dinner hour and it will just take longer to send them recorded. I suppose it's more for my peace of mind sending them recorded, so surely I'll be ok just posting them first class? They're all blu rays.

I've got a few items listed as free-post, but I've been asked whether I'll post to Italy and France. Can I edit the postage cost when the auction has finished? I'm sure I've tried before and it keeps resetting to zero cost when I try and send it.

I'm not sure on this but do know some buyers get quite snotty if things change after the auction

Also, I've sold a number of items which stated free post, recorded first class delivery. As I'm paying for the post myself, is it bad etiquette to send the items just first class (ie. not recorded). I've got 6 items to post in my half hour dinner hour and it will just take longer to send them recorded. I suppose it's more for my peace of mind sending them recorded, so surely I'll be ok just posting them first class? They're all blu rays.

I'm not sure about the etiquette aspect but my experience is that it's very important to have strong feedback (mine's 100%) and I would be very wary of not fulfilling the initial offer you made. On the other hand you are paying the postage so the buyer is only losing out on the speed of delivery. Always keep in mind there are some very awkward buyers out there who know that poor feedback is a worry for most sellers. Mine own rule is to stick precisely to my original offer for sale.

I also have a question / need help. Currently I have 18 items listed on e-bay but I think potential buyers can only see one of these at a time, i.e. the one they looked at in the first place.

Is there a way whereby I can show all my items linked together? Sometimes when I'm buying I see links / pictures to / of other items the seller has available. I'd like to be able to do this as well.

The guy in Hong Kong told me to get back to him with the postage costs & he just sent me the dosh via paypal.

I've got a few items listed as free-post, but I've been asked whether I'll post to Italy and France. Can I edit the postage cost when the auction has finished? I'm sure I've tried before and it keeps resetting to zero cost when I try and send it

Yeh you can change the postage, i've posted a few things which should've been free post or v cheap post to europe and charged them more. they seemed happy enough to pay it also

The free postage option is only within the UK. I get bits and bobs from Europe as well and there postage charges are much higher than ours.

I've had one lady buy a vase listed as free postage Uk only to then fing out it was an extra £7.50 on the 9.99 purchase. Only trouble with the free postage is if you use feeds then all the searches that show your item add on postal charges.

Left winger first class in normally fine I've lost one item in three months and even that one turned up eventually, about 100-150 items sent a month.

Paul the links you are on about are done via Auctiva its a seperate site that I think is free???? or was sorry I pay for more features and pics. http://www.auctiva.com/ my bad $2.95 for the volume your doing. Quicker to list store adverts for re-use and free extra pics in your adverts, its saved me lots of extra silly ebay charges.

Archived