BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obertan and bebe both played for United ressies. That's about £10m of talent cash in two ressie players. Shows up the differences between the have's and the have nots.

Fixed it Ricky. I'd hardly call Obertan and Bebe talent from what I've seen.

Anyone else see gaving gunnings effort in the scottish cup final tonight. Amazing strike, hit crossbar from 25+ yards out.

Great strike off the underside of the bar, I think Celtic were only one up at the time? I had a quick shufty at a Motherwell board to gauge what they think of him but there wasn't a lot tbh. Hard to say how he's getting on.

Great to here Lowe is doing well too. I thought he played very well against Chelsea in the Prem earlier in the season. Could be a good backup to Nzonzi and J Jones (if we keep him).

Where are we finding all these young players from? It's getting ridiculous! But brilliant.... credit to the reserve coaches and youth scouts.

Great to here Lowe is doing well too. I thought he played very well against Chelsea in the Prem earlier in the season. Could be a good backup to Nzonzi and J Jones (if we keep him).

Where are we finding all these young players from? It's getting ridiculous! But brilliant.... credit to the reserve coaches and youth scouts.

I think the development is down to the Academy Manager Phil Cannon who joined from Everton, Phil mantioned on joining the club that at everton, they produced one first team player each year for the last 15 years, can that be any coincidence or a mindset and mentality that is different from previous Academy Managers?

Indeed, not too long ago, the questions posed by the club about the Academy were, did they win on Saturday and that seemed to be the way forward but of course its not.

At Reserve and Academy level, it is about trying to win games but most importantly, the development of players and bridging the gaps from Academy - Reserves through to first team, that appears to be the focus now and the reason why we are seeing more players develop towards the first team.

Great strike off the underside of the bar, I think Celtic were only one up at the time? I had a quick shufty at a Motherwell board to gauge what they think of him but there wasn't a lot tbh. Hard to say how he's getting on.

Gunning joined Motherwell late January and has featured in 16 league and 4 cup games for them, is a Irish under 21 player and by all accounts has been doing well in a poorish Motherwell team Managed by Stuart McCall the ex Bradford City player, he has retained a first team place at Motherwell and is highly thought of at Ewood, despite his rasping drive yeasterday, he is still to score for the Scottish Team.

• 2 weeks later...

Leigh Genesis, former tenants of where our reserves play have pretty much folded. http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s195/st168975.htm. It seems they have been pretty shafted by the council following the building of that stadium. Quite why they ever thought a 10,000 capacity stadium was appropriate for Leigh Rmi and Centurions I don't know.

Leigh Genesis, former tenants of where our reserves play have pretty much folded. http://www.thefootba...5/st168975.htm. It seems they have been pretty shafted by the council following the building of that stadium. Quite why they ever thought a 10,000 capacity stadium was appropriate for Leigh Rmi and Centurions I don't know.

Time to move the reserve matches to Chorley then and give Flitty a financial boost.

Time to move the reserve matches to Chorley then and give Flitty a financial boost.

Lol don't think flitty needs a financial boost. And Chorley's pitch is awful, LSV is a brilliant venue, just very innapropriate for who uses it.

Archived