BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spearing has looked good. Feisty, but also a few very good passes. Plessis reminds me of N'Zonzi.

How old is Frank Fielding? The 2nd goal wasn't very flattering, but I think he's played well, seems confident and secure.

Bit too feisty, penalty to Rovers :)

Josh Morris scores, 3-2 :)

Fielding is 21 now I believe without checking.

:lol: So so sorry.

The funny thing is, I spotted that mistake when I wrote that, deleted it and then re-wrote exactly the same name again.

Oops! :blink:

Lol no worries Tim. I like Inceman, it sends shivers down the members on here. ;)

No point posting a report, you've all bleedin watched it

Liverpool ressies get away with just as much as the senior side, dirty bunch i thought and no local wonder kids coming through.

Salgado looked cold :lol:

Where you the ONE shouting get in there Chuck or was that someone on the bench. :lol:

I went to the game tonight. Decent crowd there of both Rovers and Scousers. Doran did go off injured as some have speculated he got floored in a challenge and couldn't shake it off.

I thought we played quite well defensively they were the most threatning going forward for most of the game without creating many chances. Quite good being at a game like this as you can hear the bench shouting to the players a lot. Callum O'Connor (3) was getting stick to begin with, including being told off by Bowyer and when he turned away Bowyer just shouted "Look at me when I'm talkign to you" :lol: but a few fans noticed he was struggling and started to get behind him which I thought was a nice touch.

All of the academy kids were there as well to watch they came out on masse just after the start of the game. Alex Marrow, Gunning and Nick Blackman were also there to watch.

Santa Cruz and Rigters were both crap most of the time and had to keep on being told to do something. Haworth and Doran looked the most likely to make things happen for us and funnily enough the pen came from Haworth's worst free kick off the evening.

Neil McDonald was there to watch on duty from the 1st team management I guess.

It's no wonder that Degen has never made it at Liverpool as he's not great and has a terrible attitude, including trying to wind up our players at every opportunity.

Also for the penalty it was Morris and Santa Cruz who were mainly arguing about taking it.

Morris is also normally a midfielder not a Left back but thought he did ok whilst playing there.

Callum O'Connor (3) was getting stick to begin with, including being told off by Bowyer and when he turned away Bowyer just shouted "Look at me when I'm talkign to you" :lol: but a few fans noticed he was struggling and started to get behind him which I thought was a nice touch.

So is Gary Bowyer Brunskill's no.2, as well as U18 manager?

Rigters and Julio Santa Cruz - not a strikeforce to set the fear in defenders' hearts. B)

Was Doran playing central? The line-up on the official website seems to suggest that Marshall was on the wing and Doran upfront...

So is Gary Bowyer Brunskill's no.2, as well as U18 manager?

Rigters and Julio Santa Cruz - not a strikeforce to set the fear in defenders' hearts. B)

Was Doran playing central? The line-up on the official website seems to suggest that Marshall was on the wing and Doran upfront...

Just go to the matches!

The Reserves proved a complete contrast to the first team. We were totally outplayed for long peroids tonight and yet ended up winning. Strange game football.

In fairness, we had a very young team out tonight with the likes of Marrow, Blackman, Gunning Treacy and Judge all out on loan. I felt both Lowe and Morrissey struggled in midfield tonight which is unusual as both are talented young players. However, it was a decent Liverpool outfit that they were up against.

A major disappointment was the performance of Rigters in attack. I can only assume that we don't have the money to pay up his contract as I really can't see what future there is for him at Ewood. I believe that his contract isn't up until the end of next season! Young Santa Cruz is another player for whom it is difficult to see much future at the club while Andy Haworth is now well down the pecking order.

On the plus side it was good to see Doran looking sharp again. He has had a poor pre-season but seemed much better tonight. I thought young Marshall got through alot of work down the flanks while Phil Jones was steady at the back.

With so many players being loaned out, some of our younger players are having to be fast tracked in the Reserves which ultimately, may well turn out to be a good thing.

It was Brunskill not Bowyer sorry, getting people mixed up.

Santa Cruz actually had to be told to do things when he came on, such normal things as run after the ball etc

Doran seemed to be playing just off Rigters, I guess a 4-2-3-1

Fielding

O'Connor Jones Flynn Salgado

(Morris)

Morrissey Lowe

Marshall Doran Haworth

Santa Cruz)

Rigters

Also I was sat next to Marshall's dad who is a nice guy.

Archived