BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Away

Good 'owd Rovers, always the ones to roll over and have their belly tickled...looks like they are excepting the paultry 2,400 allocation at Turd moor without even a bad word spoken. <_<

Mr Williams,for this one game at Ewood, which victory means so much to our club, say to hell with profit and please put OUR fans first.....fook Burnley off with the minimum allocation of 3,000.Think of the 1,000's of our fans who wont be able to go to the tiny Turf,do Burnley give a flying one about our fans?...we all know the answer to that.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good 'owd Rovers, always the ones to roll over and have their belly tickled...looks like they are excepting the paultry 2,400 allocation at Turd moor without even a bad word spoken. <_<

Mr Williams,for this one game at Ewood, which victory means so much to our club, say to hell with profit and please put OUR fans first.....fook Burnley off with the minimum allocation of 3,000.Think of the 1,000's of our fans who wont be able to go to the tiny Turf,do Burnley give a flying one about our fans?...we all know the answer to that.

Agree with the majority of what your saying ..............but.

We cant afford to leave empty seats, Try selling all the tickets to Rovers fans then if any left over add an extra allocation for Burnley!

exactly- please rovers listen to the fans. if you go on clarets mad they expect 7000 and are overjoyed with the situation.

Simple- split the stand with enough segregation, and limit them to 3000. with the 1000 season ticket holders we have in there, we only need to sell a couple of thousand in there to be full. Please JW, dont take the money for this massive one off game. stand up and be counted.

I don't think there's an awful lot Rovers can do about it.

exactly- please rovers listen to the fans. if you go on clarets mad they expect 7000 and are overjoyed with the situation.

Simple- split the stand with enough segregation, and limit them to 3000. with the 1000 season ticket holders we have in there, we only need to sell a couple of thousand in there to be full. Please JW, dont take the money for this massive one off game. stand up and be counted.

Absolutely agree and I'm sure the shops and residents around Ewood want to keep the invasion to a minimum. They have to repair the damage when the inbreds have gone home.

1. the BRFC 100 Club will also plan this as an away trip and will have 1st call on tickets (all 65 members...they never quite made a 100).

2. after the Citeh morons on Tuesday the Club and the Police are looking to limit the inbreds ticket allocation at Ewood. Could be top tier only

3. have you heard that Burnley have no players showers? they only have one of those large old fashioned baths (called "The Sheep Dip") which all the pleayers have to share. Can you imagine all the "logs" floating by when the Burnley players get in theirs!!!

Come on JW do the right thing, there has been plenty of suggestions already as to how the DE can be split. IMO an upper/lower split wouldn't work though as fans won't be seperated outside due to the turnstile layout. A split down the middle would be fine with a 'cordon' outside.

Even if Bumley are given the DE to themselves they wont get as many tickets as City, Utd and L'pool. the first few rows will be netted off along with the small blocks at the end of the stand, so it will be more like 5-6k.

1. the BRFC 100 Club will also plan this as an away trip and will have 1st call on tickets (all 65 members...they never quite made a 100).

2. after the Citeh morons on Tuesday the Club and the Police are looking to limit the inbreds ticket allocation at Ewood. Could be top tier only

3. have you heard that Burnley have no players showers? they only have one of those large old fashioned baths (called "The Sheep Dip") which all the pleayers have to share. Can you imagine all the "logs" floating by when the Burnley players get in theirs!!!

What did the citeh morons actually get up to as its the 1st i've heard of any trouble or was it that it was just your usual loutish behaviour after congregating in the fernhurst for hours on end!!!

Aren't the 100 club the bunch of men who go in suits, and refuse to let anyone stand up? Or is that someone else..

I think that's them. I remember at Stoke away everyone was stood up for the whole game and they started to shout at everyone to sit down. I sat down because I felt sorry for them, but I then couldn't see for everyone stood up in front of us.

I think that's them. I remember at Stoke away everyone was stood up for the whole game and they started to shout at everyone to sit down. I sat down because I felt sorry for them, but I then couldn't see for everyone stood up in front of us.

Like to see them try that at Burnley :P

They did the same thing at Man City, one grabbed my mate by the shirt and ripped his shirt, but we couldn't see over the people stood in front! <_<

Not too sure if this was ever confirmed, but according to the minuted words of Tom Finn, we will only get 2,400 at Turd Moor.

From the latest Fans Forum minutes, now online at www.rovers.co.uk/page/FansForum/

"Burnley had announced that they would segregate their stand with both home and away fans and that building work to make this happen was being done. It was understandable from their perspective. As a result Rovers would be given 2,400 tickets for the game at Turf Moor. "

Apologies if this has already been posted.

That's correct, but then I should know that as I wrote the minutes! For the fans who say we should complain there is absolutely nothing Rovers can do about it - as long as Burnley give the away fans 10% of their capacity they have abided by Premier League rules.

I can't remember whether I put this in the minutes as well but we were also told that no decision has yet been made about allocation of tickets to Burnley fans at Ewood. For the away game tickets, as I suspect most fans expected, will be allocated on the basis of season ticket holders with the most away games attended - the club will be announcing the full details soon. One thing is certain - if you are not a season ticket holder you stand no chance at all. I would have thought you would need to go to a good few away games as well to be confident of getting a ticket.

That's correct, but then I should know that as I wrote the minutes! For the fans who say we should complain there is absolutely nothing Rovers can do about it - as long as Burnley give the away fans 10% of their capacity they have abided by Premier League rules.

I can't remember whether I put this in the minutes as well but we were also told that no decision has yet been made about allocation of tickets to Burnley fans at Ewood. For the away game tickets, as I suspect most fans expected, will be allocated on the basis of season ticket holders with the most away games attended - the club will be announcing the full details soon. One thing is certain - if you are not a season ticket holder you stand no chance at all. I would have thought you would need to go to a good few away games as well to be confident of getting a ticket.

If you were guessing how many games would you guess tickets would go to first?

Like to see them try that at Burnley :P

They did the same thing at Man City, one grabbed my mate by the shirt and ripped his shirt, but we couldn't see over the people stood in front! <_<

I saw that - your mate should have broken his glasses, he wouldn't have been able to see at-all then :lol:

If it had been a well built, bald headed meat head (sorry to stereotype, but you get my point) I doubt very much he would have done what he did - easy to pick on a small young lad aint it!

If he was that bothered he should have gone to the front row, you lot were standing because everyone else was, sometimes you don't have a choice.

If you were guessing how many games would you guess tickets would go to first?

This was the topic of much discussion on Saturday.

With the decision made that we didnt really know, but reckoned 6 would guarantee you a ticket.

I reckon 4 may well be enough meself.

I know that I wont be able to get one.

I agree, I don't think 2,400 people will have been to more than 4 away games.

I would expect the club will work out on their systems how many away games will be required - eg "less than 2,400 people have been to 4 away games so we'll put those conditions on sales first", after that maybe just general sale to ST holders.

database, that is why if you go to Gillingham for example you should buy from Rovers rather than pay on the gate

Be careful on that - cup games may not count, it's happened before.

Aren't the 100 club the bunch of men who go in suits, and refuse to let anyone stand up? Or is that someone else..

Yes. I was a member. It is a men only drinking Club who raise money for the Academy (minibus) etc.

For your membership fee you get reduced rate in Legends, 4 away trips per year (coach, ticket and meal), and reduced rate Darren End car parking...and first call on tickets for hard to get games.

I saw that - your mate should have broken his glasses, he wouldn't have been able to see at-all then :lol:

If it had been a well built, bald headed meat head (sorry to stereotype, but you get my point) I doubt very much he would have done what he did - easy to pick on a small young lad aint it!

If he was that bothered he should have gone to the front row, you lot were standing because everyone else was, sometimes you don't have a choice.

Exactly, was frustrating...

And at away games, a lot of people like to stand to generate an atmosphere... and we had no choice

Think they did move in the end :P

Then again, now that we know this... ;)

Me and my old man have already been texting to see which 5 or 6 games to go to - games that we otherwise might not have done.

I can forsee some decent followings to Bolton and Wigan this year.

I hope to go to near enough every away this year, so I'll be okay..

So do I - it's just other commitments that get in the way sometimes.

I'll be going to more than I would normally though. The £50.00 for a Chelsea ticket will go against everything I have said in the past, but it's gotta be done on this occasion.

I can't remember whether I put this in the minutes as well but we were also told that no decision has yet been made about allocation of tickets to Burnley fans at Ewood.

John your minutes say a meeting has already happened between Rovers and Burnley, and a decision is likely in the next two weeks.

Archived