BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Nicko Digests For August

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

Evening, everyone.

As many of you will be aware, I've been doing the nicko digests of the main transfer thread over on the Transfer Links thread on a daily basis throughout June and July. I will be doing my last one tomorrow before heading off on vacation, so I'd like to ask for other members to take over the task.

Last year, rebelmswar started up the Nicko's News Ticker thread as a "condensed version for those on the go" and did a brilliant job keeping it up to date for the board. During his absence last summer other members - notably deftangel, LeChuck, philipl, rovers1993, and Majiball - shared the load and this combined effort pretty much saw the transfer window out.

If a single member can take it on, that's great, but I'm sure that it can be managed again among several members if need be. A word of warning, however: if several members do take on the task, make sure that you coordinate with each other to avoid duplication of work.

Finally, may I suggest using this thread for volunteering, coordination and for general communication regarding the Transfer Links thread to avoid polluting the TL thread itself.

Well, I've enjoyed keeping up with the transfer news and equally I've enjoyed editing and producing the digests. A word of thanks is also due to those whose support I have received via PM and also thanks to all and sundry for not giving me a hard time... :lol:

Guest Wen Y Hu

Excellent stuff. And thanks for the best wishes.

I see rovers1993 already has the bit between his teeth - nice one! :D That saves me a task for this evening, which is just as well, because I was planning to leave for the airport hotel, er, about half an hour ago...

Anyway, I'll be online on and off while I'm away to keep up with the news and stuff.

Just a couple of things to remember regarding the handling of material in the Transfer Links thread:

1. It is critical that copyrighted material is treated appropriately. Always provide a source for quoted material and, where appropriate, a link. If in doubt, leave it out.

2. Try to be selective when offering links to news stories. In the main transfer thread members will link to rather dubious sources - which is absolutely fine because members engaged in discussion on that thread are more likely to have the time to surf around. But in the Transfer Links thread members come specifically to catch up on the latest news and, I would suggest, want that news to be as reliable as it can be. Indicating the source for a piece of news also helps members decide whether to click on the link.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

P.S can someone please P.M me a way that i can put qoutes inside qoutes as currently i am not able to do this so i have to explain to people what Nicko is talking about. It would be easier if they can see the post of what nicko is replying to.

Cheers.

Rovers1993 as promiced in my PM heres a example of how to quote within a quote.

took the first two posts of this thread and quoted them both, remove the quote tags from the 2nd quote and then just highlight the whole thing and wrap in quote tags (the little speach bubble)

Evening, everyone.

As many of you will be aware, I've been doing the nicko digests of the main transfer thread over on the Transfer Links thread on a daily basis throughout June and July. I will be doing my last one tomorrow before heading off on vacation, so I'd like to ask for other members to take over the task.

Last year, rebelmswar started up the Nicko's News Ticker thread as a "condensed version for those on the go" and did a brilliant job keeping it up to date for the board. During his absence last summer other members - notably deftangel, LeChuck, philipl, rovers1993, and Majiball - shared the load and this combined effort pretty much saw the transfer window out.

If a single member can take it on, that's great, but I'm sure that it can be managed again among several members if need be. A word of warning, however: if several members do take on the task, make sure that you coordinate with each other to avoid duplication of work.

Finally, may I suggest using this thread for volunteering, coordination and for general communication regarding the Transfer Links thread to avoid polluting the TL thread itself.

Well, I've enjoyed keeping up with the transfer news and equally I've enjoyed editing and producing the digests. A word of thanks is also due to those whose support I have received via PM and also thanks to all and sundry for not giving me a hard time... :lol:

Thanks for your time & effort up til now mate. Enjoy your vacation!

Archived