BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

So here we go again. Transfer thread part 4.

Basically the other thread has become completely out of control, we need to keep this one on topic.

Quite simply this thread is purely for rovers transfer chat only, please use the 'other premiership happenings' for chat about othe teams. Please refrain from constantly asking I there will be an 11 o'clock update, nicko will update you if there is anything to update. I know it's the school holidays but please try to find something else to entertain yourselves with rather than pointless repetative posts.

As previously stated, bans will be issued if this one goes off topic.

Finally we have another pinned thread with transfer links, please check that before coming on here and asking a question that's been answered several times already.

Thanks

ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ancelotti told Rovers he was clear to join on loan...it's just about sorting it out with the player...relax.

From what I hear all of the effort right now is on the 'biggie' striker, so the club seems quite comfortable with Di Santo being on his way.

As for the 'biggie'...I have spent all day chasing something...and am just waiting on word.

Not holding anything back, just want to confirm something another club told me about a possible, late name in the frame.

No guessing, no PMs.

That's not a reason for asking the same question again and again. Nicko has been very forthcoming with info on Di Santo, if he knows anything he'll tell us.

I've been looking for news on Luis Garcia but I can't find a thing - where has it come from? Doubtful there's anything in it to be honest, there is very little around about the story.

jesus christ - when will people stop asking the same bloody questions about di santo????

When he signs!

No point sticking ya head in the sand hoping it will happen we must be realistic

Christ its a loan deal, what can take so long?

The arsenal defender was bid for, accepted, medicaled and Press confrenced inside a few day

This has been dragging on for ages, I'm thinking the lad doesn't want to leave London

What other reason could there be?

Oh ya hardly OT by the way it about our transfers and Zola's back at the weekend I believe!!!!

Does anyone else think that with every hour that passes with no news on Di Santo the less likely it is to happen?

Whilst in some ways I'd be interested to see him play perhaps it's not such a wise move long term in any event as in twelve months time we'll be back to square one needing a replacement and prices will no doubt be that much higher again. A loan with a view or a permanent deal would have been far more preferable imo. In the absence of those options being available perhaps we should have moved on long since.

16 days to go. Is it nearing Corporal Jones time yet? :huh:

Does anyone else think that with every hour that passes with no news on Di Santo the less likely it is to happen?

Couldn't care less now. All the panic and scaremongering has sapped the excitement out of this transfer.

If it happens, great. If it doesn't, life goes on.

i wonder if we have made contact with wolfsburg over dzeko? i know a couple of weeks ago it looked a pipedream , but milan have still not moved and wolfsburg are signing martins from newcastle

Mellison, today we've had about 2 pages about jim iley and the 1978 squad, how is that related to rovers transfer activity lol.

We've let the thread get a bit out of hand so a hard line is being taken to try to cut out the pointless posts. You've gotta admit it's become pretty hard to read the transfer threads recently as there are so many repetative posts.

Had a pretty good day really, got the nod for the city game so happy days.

And I prefer modes as well lol.

Mellison, today we've had about 2 pages about jim iley and the 1978 squad, how is that related to rovers transfer activity lol.

We've let the thread get a bit out of hand so a hard line is being taken to try to cut out the pointless posts. You've gotta admit it's become pretty hard to read the transfer threads recently as there are so many repetative posts.

Had a pretty good day really, got the nod for the city game so happy days.

And I prefer modes as well lol.

Suppose it wudv been helpful if I knew who the smeg Iley was, but meh. I believe you just made a pointless post!!! SHAME ON YOU!! I'll make mine relevant by sayin my dad spoke to John Williams today and he indeed said that Di Santo is pretty much wrapped up and he will only say that we have made an offer for a target playing in Europe. I feel fine now.

:

Suppose it wudv been helpful if I knew who the smeg Iley was, but meh. I believe you just made a pointless post!!! SHAME ON YOU!! I'll make mine relevant by sayin my dad spoke to John Williams today and he indeed said that Di Santo is pretty much wrapped up and he will only say that we have made an offer for a target playing in Europe. I feel fine now.

:D:D:D

Ricky, this was no more off topic than any other day. And much of the talk HAS been related to possible rovers transfers......you had a bad day? I don't mean this as an insult.

I do prefer Modes98 though ;):P

Don't trust Ricky, he steals on Golden Balls :lol:

I think a lot of people are just getting frustrated with the lack of transfer activity. We have a lot of money and don't seem to be doing much with it. Some of the names being thrown about are just ###### tbh. When I click on to read this thread, it takes me back to the page I was last on and I read through to the end. What most people seem to be doing is clicking on the last page of the thread and asking the same questions or requesting information which has mostly been discussed a few pages back.

Personally, I'm quite a fan of the late night off topic bitching. Some of the insults are hilarious!

Anyway to sum up,

Di Santo is recovering after Chelsea's tour and having a few days off with his new bird he scored with on the flight home. He should be arriving soon.

Kamel has been sent packing after Sam changed his mind.

The only concrete evidence we have of a potential target is in Russia after Sam went there himself for a look and missed the Leeds United friendly, seems to be in a negotiation stage and we believe he goes by the name of Poggy. Haven't seen or heard from Sam in a while, maybe he scored on his plane too or is being held hostage by the Russian mafia!

Thanks Ricky.

I read ths thread every day after work and just spent 20mins reading 10 pages of mince.

Anyway, Luis Garcia on a free - you take him.

Can't really understand the stick he's been getting on here, in my book he is better than our entire midfield.

Any idea anyone, what we have(if we have) bid for the pogster? 6million would be decent for both parties.

Awaiting the di Santo news.

Well, if I were a betting man, it will be between two, The Rusian Pog and Eider Gudjohnsen both would be fine and as Gudjohnson is looking to move now, knows Sam and available at around £4,000,000 the wages or a nice signing on fee would be possible!!

I would be happy with either but Eider has prem experience, which is useful, whilst Pog is younger so you get the resale value, but only if he does well!!

Well, if I were a betting man, it will be between two, The Rusian Pog and Eider Gudjohnsen both would be fine and as Gudjohnson is looking to move now, knows Sam and available at around £4,000,000 the wages or a nice signing on fee would be possible!!

I would be happy with either but Eider has prem experience, which is useful, whilst Pog is younger so you get the resale value, but only if he does well!!

I agree with the choice of Eidur, but am not convinced about Pog, his goals seemed to lack quality, I would prefer Cardozo should he become affordable.

Archived