BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellamy? Don't think he'd come back to Ewood though.

Do Citeh have any other strikers surplus to requirements now RSC and Adebayore have checked in?

Would love it if it was him but I don't think so. Not sure they have anyone else who is good and available. Maybe "clear blue sky" wasn't a hint (or were signing someone from Napoli).

Maybe we nipped in on Dean Ashton's move to Stoke/Fulham/Hull? He's okay, when fit...much better than Benjani. Wait, does this striker still have to be 6-foot +?

From memory nicko didn't rate Ashton, or at least his lackof fitness, so doubt he would describe him as a "good signing"

Thinking about it, wasn't this offer supposed to have been lodged with a foreign club?

I notice the Sun is linking us with Kalinic - have we discussed him before?

That might be it - Kalinic. He's been mentioned before, I think we were having a look at him in Croatia...so I guess that's not really "out of the blue"...

Very interesting, but if he is the real deal, "inviting him for a trial" will probably be enough to knock it on the head.

wiki page for Kalinic - extremely impressive on the face of it

I would have thought so. He is coming from a good footballing country and with a great scoring record. He would carry a risk factor but the manager should be able to decide if he's worth it without offering a trial.

If he was the to fulfill his potential then we could have a decent young team...

I would have thought so. He is coming from a good footballing country and with a great scoring record. He would carry a risk factor but the manager should be able to decide if he's worth it without offering a trial.

If he was the to fulfill his potential then we could have a decent young team...

He is rumoured to be next "Davor Suker" who was one of my favourite players.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I think that players from the Croatioan National Team fit the Premier League because of their tough style of play, normally with physical presence. I would be happy with this signing if its true. Snapping him in front om Pompey and then we will have both the new Davor Suker and the new Patrick Vieira :lol:

I'll throw another name out there;

Maybe we went to watch Marc Janko and RB Salzburg on Wednesday, but instead got interested in Mario Mandzukic from Dinamo Zagreb who they played against. He also scored in that game.

Very interesting, but if he is the real deal, "inviting him for a trial" will probably be enough to knock it on the head.

wiki page for Kalinic - extremely impressive on the face of it

did he sign for portsmouth strange second line on the wiki...

Nikola Kalinić (born January 5, 1988 in Solin) is a Croatian football striker currently playing for Portsmouth F.C and the Croatian national team...

his record seems good when he was 17 he scored 32 goals in 59 games.... why did no big club get him then....

im starting to feel really good about next season.... hope 2 or 3 more players come in(inc di santos)...

Guest Kamy100

Lancashire Telegraph also linking us with Kalnic. Portsmouth had a 5.5 deal for hum agreed but it fell through on Weds. Sam now looking at him.

Im very happy if we pull this off. Di Santo and Kalinic(sp) would be 2 young lads, and our average age would be very good. We will have Di Santo, Kalinic, Doran, Judge, Hoiliet, Elrio,who will all be showing what they made of.

Mark Bunn

Mark Bunn ready to go on loan to Sheffield United.

Considering we played against Hajduk Split we have had a good look on this Kalinic.

In sam we trust.

IF we could steal Niko Kranjcar from Portsmouth too - I would be very very happy.

I was just thinking the same- with Pompey completely cash less at present, stealing in for Krancjar could be a good move BUT remember Pompey are bust because they were paying stupid wages. This could be the reason why nobody seems to have gone for him.

Kalinic is at least as good as the majority of names we have had thrown around and a darn sight better than some others. Perhaps only Cardoza would be unarguably better.

A huge plus over Ghilas by the way is that there will be no involvement in the African Cup of Nations.

Hopefully Rovers are keeping communications open with Zenit and Poggy because snapping him up on a free to start after a small break on 1 January 2010 would be fabulous business. We all know that Di Santo will be heading back to Chelsea (perhaps via the Argentine World Cup Squad if he does the biz at Ewood) next May.

did he sign for portsmouth strange second line on the wiki...

Nikola Kalinić (born January 5, 1988 in Solin) is a Croatian football striker currently playing for Portsmouth F.C and the Croatian national team...

his record seems good when he was 17 he scored 32 goals in 59 games.... why did no big club get him then....

im starting to feel really good about next season.... hope 2 or 3 more players come in(inc di santos)...

The Portsmouth deal got called off - something about 6 million installments at £1 a week didn't seem that appealing to Split. Every time the papers report someone as likely to join a Premier League club, some enterprising soul edits their Wiki page to make it look like they've already gone out of a desire to be first.

If this is true, then it may make sense as our pulling out of the Algerian guys deal coincided with Pompey pulling the plug on Kalinic or am I wrong?

Ive watched his videos and he seems a true all round goal scorer. Compared to Roque I believe he is far better on the ground and has more technique. Now Roque knew how to hold up the ball and had a great footballing brain. And those are things that videos wont prove. Then again some of his finishing is raw too as I have just seen from his misses! :P

He scores his fair share of headers but I dont think he has the body strength of Roque yet.

Im excited though...

I was just thinking the same- with Pompey completely cash less at present, stealing in for Krancjar could be a good move BUT remember Pompey are bust because they were paying stupid wages. This could be the reason why nobody seems to have gone for him.

Kalinic is at least as good as the majority of names we have had thrown around and a darn sight better than some others. Perhaps only Cardoza would be unarguably better.

Hopefully Rovers are keeping communications open with Zenit and Poggy because snapping him up on a free to start after a small break on 1 January 2010 would be fabulous business. We all know that Di Santo will be heading back to Chelsea (perhaps via the Argentine World Cup Squad if he does the biz at Ewood) next May.

Correct me if im wrong Philip, but as the WC is in June, and the league ends in May why will Di Santo be with the Argentine squad in January? Or did i just misunderstand you?

If this is true I'm well chuffed, this guy is a class act, he's labelled as "The future of Croatian football" And they are no mugs, so I'm very happy with this!

As previously correctly stated "In Sam we trust!", especially if we've had a good look at him.

Looks like an all round poacher, stays ON SIDE, can use both feet and takes pens, we'll have some of that!!

Archived