BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First time I've seen a club's fans make a "lowlight reel": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIbC1S_QsM...feature=related

Missing sitters, tripping over himself inside the 18 yard box... the lad's got it all.

Having watched that - they didn't look to bad to me. There are no real sitters in that, he's unlucky in most of them. You could quite easily make a clip of Ronaldo or Torres missing those chances.

First time I've seen a club's fans make a "lowlight reel": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIbC1S_QsM...feature=related

Missing sitters, tripping over himself inside the 18 yard box... the lad's got it all.

I imagine every player could have a movie like that, everyone tends to forget the sitters and the fresh air's most of the time, especially if they notch a few, I can remember quite a few of some of RSC's sitters, however, Jason Roberts would probably be a 4 hour epic, rivalled only by the 7 hour version of "Benni get's caught offside"

Having watched that - they didn't look to bad to me. There are no real sitters in that, he's unlucky in most of them. You could quite easily make a clip of Ronaldo or Torres missing those chances.

Exactly, I was about to post the same link and observe that in every chance, the lad at least got the ball going goalbound which is something you wouldn't see in a compendium called Jason Roberts- Bad Side!

The goal line clearance at 2min 18secs is pretty amazing.

There is another clip called Kalanic Idiot which lasts 9 seconds. He runs into the defender and falls over; I guess he's going to need to be coached about English referees doing small club forwards for simulation if we are not to be robbed of perfectly legitimate penalties sometimes.

Oh and quoting myself especially for Icers: We all know that Di Santo will be heading back to Chelsea (perhaps via the Argentine World Cup Squad if he does the biz at Ewood) next May. B)

I cant believe the cynicism already being shown by people on this forum just because a bloopers reel has been produced on him. The guys only 21 and has been touted as a great talent and I havent seen anything to disprove this. As somebody mentioned a bloopers reel could be made about any player in the history of the game.

Think certain people on this board need to fix up and shut up. even though hes unproven in the EPL I'd much rather have him staring over Roberts and the Championship player that is Gally. Kalinic and Di Santo would be alot more exciting for our fans than Benni and Roberts for sure

For a lowlight reel there where an awful lot of good saves (1 off the line, 4 good saves from the keepers) and allot of unlucky moments.. sure the odd mistake but in pretty much all of them he shows good positional play or a nice little turn of pace or the ability to leave his marker looking rather foolish.

The Highlight reel shows similar, a few with his back to the goal... 1 on 1s, running onto the ball over the top, poacher goals.. interestingly after all this talk about the big target man there where few headed goals and hardly any goals coming from crosses into the box from out wide, mostly seem to of come through the middle.

QUOTE (Denis_B @ Jul 31 2009, 08:14 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The last rising star of Croatian football who was lauded all over Europe went to Aston Villa and never played a game....Bosco Balaban!

Knew it wouldn't be too long before the cynics dived in... Who did you want, Ribery? Ronaldo?

The last rising star of Croatian football who was lauded all over Europe went to Aston Villa and never played a game....Bosco Balaban!

In fairness Balaban has been a success everywhere apart from Villa. Don't think he was given a fair chance.

Lancashire Telegraph also linking us with Kalnic. Portsmouth had a 5.5 deal for hum agreed but it fell through on Weds. Sam now looking at him.

Yeah it fell through because Pompey were going to pay it all over 3 years - Split didnt like it

Mark Bunn

Considering we played against Hajduk Split we have had a good look on this Kalinic.

Id heard that was one of the major reason's behind us playing them.

I notice someone already mentioned that as his deal fell through, rovers pulled out of the race for the Algerian lad!

Just curious but how come Burnley's news is not on the secret list like ours?

Because Guerrero was a well-known target and far down the road...

Unlike Kalinic which only came up very late in the proceedings.

Can I point out a few players to have bucked that trend..... Modric, Olic, Krankjaer, Eduardo, Siminc...the list could go on. Sounds a bit like the guy comparing De Pedro with Luis Garcia yesterday!

How far down the line is this one?

It's all happened in a rush.

I got the shout from a Portsmouth mole on Tuesday night that Blackburn were trying to hijack the deal, but I thought it was agent talk at first. So I left it alone and didn't mention it here.

Then I found out who had taken him away from Pompey and started to get interested, but then my info was that Wigan was his destination and not Blackburn.

Checked that out at Wigan and my guy there said 'no, it's Blackburn.'

A few calls round the hotels last night confirmed he was here...and talking.

Pompey deal fell through because they didn't have the money for the first installment.

The deal is relatively cheap and Hajduk want the cash. But there is no room for messing as they want him back today if the thing is not tied up.

So I would say this one is in the final furlong, but not past the line until it is all signed.

And well done to the Mirror for crashing it into the paper quite late on.

Good day all round. The old dog has not lost his bite, eh.

Archived