BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nicko, has he trained with us too? Any idea why we didnt move for him previously? Does that mean he has been an option we have fallen back into, or has he been among the top choices? Basically its strange that we played his club and no move was made then.

It's all happened in a rush.

I got the shout from a Portsmouth mole on Tuesday night that Blackburn were trying to hijack the deal, but I thought it was agent talk at first. So I left it alone and didn't mention it here.

Then I found out who had taken him away from Pompey and started to get interested, but then my info was that Wigan was his destination and not Blackburn.

Checked that out at Wigan and my guy there said 'no, it's Blackburn.'

A few calls round the hotels last night confirmed he was here...and talking.

Pompey deal fell through because they didn't have the money for the first installment.

The deal is relatively cheap and Hajduk want the cash. But there is no room for messing as they want him back today if the thing is not tied up.

So I would say this one is in the final furlong, but not past the line until it is all signed.

And well done to the Mirror for crashing it into the paper quite late on.

Good day all round. The old dog has not lost his bite, eh.

Nice work!!

When does the old dog sleep?

The main thing about the "blooper" real for me is that he actually got into the positions needed to miss them, which to me tells me that his movement is very good as witnessed from his goals where he runs off the backline a lot :)

Also, is it just me or does the song used about half way through it compare him to Bobby Zamora? :lol:

The deal is relatively cheap and Hajduk want the cash. But there is no room for messing as they want him back today if the thing is not tied up.

So I would say this one is in the final furlong, but not past the line until it is all signed.

So what are your personal views on the player, Nicko - do you think he can cope with the Premier League? :rover:

This is cracking news. I hope we can keep Jason and Benni motivated should Di Santo and this potential new signing take time to adjust to the premier league. We will need them. An unproven strike force will need time.

It is however, absolutely imperative that we get proven quality in central midfield. It's been our biggest weakness for too long. We probably need two but one 6m level signing would definitely trump two 3m ones.

This might sound odd, but I am actually MORE keen on Kalinic after seeing his bloopers reel. He showed some excellent touches to get into many of those positions, not one miss was truly woeful- the worst was the couple he just hit low and tame at the keeper. If THAT is the worst he's come up with, I'm actually encouraged by that video!!!

Nicko...sorry to point this out mate, you do great work, but...shouldn't you admit you were wrong about the opposition sleeping? The Sun had it out this morning and so did the LET.

Are you sure the fee is around 6 million plus? Portsmouth were only paying 5.5 supposedly, I'd really have hoped we offered them 5 million straight cash or something.

Kalinic is a new one on the radar which is what the 'clear blue sky' line was about...but also a small hint about Portsmouth [too subtle obviously].

I have got to say there is bound to have been some research on him, but he wasn't really top of any list until the Pompey thing started to move.

Once clubs find out that a player is coming in - and quite cheaply - they tend to react. There is nothing to be beat jealousy in football.

I don't know much about the kid, but his CV is good and he is an international in a decent side. He is young, the price is right, the wages won't kill anyone...so it's got a lot going for it.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Di Santo more because I know more about him. But Kalinic could be the business too.

And because the price is sensible it should leave scope for a midfielder...but that's another story.

Anyway, it's not done, signed and sealed yet...so see what the day brings.

*I have no idea where the Sun [which wasted it] or the local paper got it from, although I have my suspicions...I prefer to get my own stuff. ;)

A few calls round the hotels last night confirmed he was here...and talking.

Pompey deal fell through because they didn't have the money for the first installment.

Could not afford the first installment!!!! wth is going on there, talk about a team going into freefall lol..

And which hotel Nicko I am sure we could send a welcome party lol

Kalinic is a new one on the radar which is what the 'clear blue sky' line was about...but also a small hint about Portsmouth [too subtle obviously].

I have got to say there is bound to have been some research on him, but he wasn't really top of any list until the Pompey thing started to move.

Once clubs find out that a player is coming in - and quite cheaply - they tend to react. There is nothing to be beat jealousy in football.

I don't know much about the kid, but his CV is good and he is an international in a decent side. He is young, the price is right, the wages won't kill anyone...so it's got a lot going for it.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Di Santo more because I know more about him. But Kalinic could be the business too.

And because the price is sensible it should leave scope for a midfielder...but that's another story.

Anyway, it's done signed and sealed yet...so see what the day brings.

*I have no idea where the Sun [which wasted it] or the local paper got it from, although I have my suspicions...I prefer to get my own stuff. ;)

One missing word will create 10 pages of hysteria ;)

Could not afford the first installment!!!! wth is going on there, talk about a team going into freefall lol..

And which hotel Nicko I am sure we could send a welcome party lol

Portsmouth have been on this one for over a week, which has allowed other clubs to come in...Porto want him too, by the way.

The deal was finally agreed with them of £4 million guaranteed and up to £2 million in extras. But they could not find the cash.

That club is in massive trouble.

One missing word will create 10 pages of hysteria ;)

Good spot...tired eyes at this end. 'Not' should be in there and has now been corrected.

I can't believe some people on here. At 19 he is still very young and very raw so he is not in his prime yet people should start to judge him when he gets nearer to his prime. Yes he misses some sitters but all strikers do at some points in their career, besides I don't think at 19 he will go straight into our first team probably be a reserve striker & will need 1 or 2 seasons to develop but certainly potential is there.

Portsmouth have been on this one for over a week, which has allowed other clubs to come in...Porto want him too, by the way.

The deal was finally agreed with them of £4 million guaranteed and up to £2 million in extras. But they could not find the cash.

That club is in massive trouble.

Good spot...tired eyes at this end. 'Not' should be in there and has now been corrected.

Nicko, is the Dubai guy not putting any funds into Portsmouth?

I can't believe some people on here. At 19 he is still very young and very raw so he is not in his prime yet people should start to judge him when he gets nearer to his prime. Yes he misses some sitters but all strikers do at some points in their career, besides I don't think at 19 he will go straight into our first team probably be a reserve striker & will need 1 or 2 seasons to develop but certainly potential is there.

He's 21 - a lot of the youtube stuff is 2 years old.

Fingers crossed on this one. Sounds like a coup for Big Sam if it comes off.

Noticed the comments on youtube from the Porto fans " Welcome to Porto"

:lol: Who are you on about?

We dont pay £6m for reserve strikers, and he is 21.

Nicko - So have we agreed £4m + £2m in extra's? What sort of wages, £30k a week?

This lad is a full international at 21 and rated very highly by Bilic!! you dont buy international strikers to play them in reserves, he will be featuring from the word go if he signs!!

Sam could actualy be playing a real blinder here, we could end up with a brilliant mix of youth and experience, pace and a nucleus of a team for a few years!!

We will have young legs in the team and a solid experienced defence, now one quality midfielder would be wonderful!!

Dont forget the young Brazillian centre back, has he signed yet??

Which one of you cheeky buggers has been playing with his wiki?

Kalinic went for a 1-week trial at English Premier League outfit Portsmouth F.C. in late July of this year and a fee thought to be in the region of £6 million was agreed. However the move fell through due to financial reasons. Insiders suggest that rather than this, he wanted to join a better team in Blackburn Rovers, and his transfer is likely to go through in a matter of days

I think this could be an excellent signing for you guys, when I saw he was heading to Pompey I hoped we'd show an interest (especially at the quoted price) but it appears we're struggling on trying to negotiate with Spurs for Bent.

Good for you if this comes off, excellent value.......the British market is ridiculous, £5million for Cana/£12million for Cattermole is just one example.....I wonder if it has something to do with whispers about the 'domestic quota' coming into play soon.

Who do you want for Centre Midfield then? Knowing Sam it'll be some big bugger who can run all day.....just pray it's not Nolan ;)

Archived