BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Car crash. What on earth do the 'management' expect, if they treat their best people like they are just resources to be pushed, pulled and played around with?

Nixon story. Why are you all so in awe of him? Just a tabloid cheat like NOTW!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are looking at offloading him to replace him with no one and stick with Benjami and Roberts. How anyone can support this is beyond me. Kalinic is better than both of them and I would much sooner see those two offloaded than him. I'm very worried with what's going on. Kean his letting his vendetta against Niko cloud his judgement and it is going to negative affect our club.

Benjani has gone too.

(oops sorry, someone above already said it)

Did we only buy him an economy class ticket when everyone else went business class? Did we tell him to carry everyone else's luggage? Did we deliberately sit him next to Samba in a narrow seat? These might be classed as disrespecting him, not expecting hm to turn up and do what is asked of him by the club that pays his wages and to whom he is contracted. I'm not saying the club are doing well by him if they won't talk to him about a transfer, but to then simply refuse to turn up for work is a disgrace.

Did we only buy him an economy class ticket when everyone else went business class? Did we tell him to carry everyone else's luggage? Did we deliberately sit him next to Samba in a narrow seat? These might be classed as disrespecting him, not expecting hm to turn up and do what is asked of him by the club that pays his wages and to whom he is contracted. I'm not saying the club are doing well by him if they won't talk to him about a transfer, but to then simply refuse to turn up for work is a disgrace.

You are normally the voice of reason and calm and make me re-consider my views but I really can't agree with that.

Things are not at all well at the club and they now won't even TALK to one of our TWO proper strikers. And to what end? To bring in Raul for 12 months?

I don't blame Niko one bit.

Venkys out. I've had enough.

I can't believe people are defending him! I'm not a Kean/Venky's fan, but a player REFUSING to go to an event and matches is disrespectful to the club and it's fans.

He's plop anyway. He'd probably have done well if he could stay on his feet for more than 5 minutes!

Don't talk to me about disrespecting the club and fans. Venkys have written the book.

And Kalanic as Bambi is getting about as clichéd as Sam's hoofball.

Say it enough times...

I look forward to watching his replacement in action.

Kalinic does travel with the squad to Hong Kong

Hes there and the story in the mirror is once more false

Once again it seems Andy Cryer gets the facts while others speculate. I must say that I have been impressed with Cryer this summer. I have been hugely critical of him in the past but I think he has covered the circus that Blackburn Rovers has become exceptionally well.

If Kalinic is sold it is going to leave us with the prospect of Roberts and Blackman as the twin strike force. I can fully understand why Kean thinks we will be playing Champions League football in three or four years :wacko:

Andy Cryer has been spot on so far and its good he moved quickly this morning to get the story straight. Kalinic is still going to leave thats for sure and to be honest I think its both good for the club and the player himself. Hes not a premier league player hes proved that in two seasons with the club. We have given him plenty of time to settle and he was brought in under Sam as our number 9. We can not have a number 9 starting from the bench or playing in reserves for a third season trying to adapt to the English game. He needs replacing and sooner the better.

Yet again I have to give a lot of credit to cryer. He's been the one to watch this summer. He's certainly been the one with the correct articles. Maybe we should ask him to come on here and do some 10:55ers.

Yet again I have to give a lot of credit to cryer. He's been the one to watch this summer. He's certainly been the one with the correct articles. Maybe we should ask him to come on here and do some 10:55ers.

That's a creative way of bypassing the swear filter, Ricky! :lol:

Well nicko says he has not gone, Cryer says he has.

You can be sure both these reporters will have carefully checked their sources and double and triple checked before filing.

Trying to say what is happening at Rovers since Venky's bought in is reputational suicide. And people ask why the nationals don't touch the Rovers melt down!

I'm a bit indifferent to the Kalinic conundrum.

Signed for a huge fee for us at the time, with glowing praise from the then coach of the moment Slaven Bilic, I thought he was going to be amazing.

Personally, I think Allardyce was at fault for buying him in the first place. If he had ever seen Kalinic play he would have known that Niko was totally unsuited to playing up front on his own. Allardyce was never going to change the way we played football, and since Kean came in he's been in and out of the team, but again we very rarely played 2 up front.

At times, he's played well and has been effective, but not often enough and he has been quickly dropped when underperforming. In his defence, he's been playing in a poor team with little service and crowds almost waiting to groan when he doesn't control the ball. I think he's a good finisher and if playing alongside another striker I think he'll prove the critics wrong. Despite being in and out of our team, he always does well for Croatia.

Too much water under the bridge now for him to stay, and no point in him staying unless we change our formation to accommodate him. That's not going to happen so farewell Niko and good luck in a team that plays 4-4-2!

This is quite an easy one to get right though surely Phil?

He either got on a plane or he didn't.

bit like cryer saying kean met owners the day before! ;)

niko has been ignored by kean for quite a while.. came to ahead the other day. he feels some people are being deliberately rude to him and not helping him get his move.

i believe he hasnt gone. :)

EDIT; I CAN SAY WITH NO FEAR OF BEING WRONG.. KALINIC HASNT GONE TO ASIA! HE'S AT HOME! iI CAN EVEN TELL YOU WHERE HE IS.. HALE!

stop slagging off mr nixon. he's right! as i was with the nelsen thing. but it seems people would rather critisise and put down those that are giving you the correct info.. before you hear it anywhere else!

edit.. both flights left.. kalinic not on either ;)

niko has been ignored by kean for quite a while.. came to ahead the other day. he feels some people are being deliberately rude to him and not helping him get his move.

EDIT; I CAN SAY WITH NO FEAR OF BEING WRONG.. KALINIC HASNT GONE TO ASIA! HE'S AT HOME! iI CAN EVEN TELL YOU WHERE HE IS.. HALE!

stop slagging off mr nixon. he's right! as i was with the nelsen thing. but it seems people would rather critisise and put down those that are giving you the correct info.. before you hear it anywhere else!

So there were three flights?

• Backroom

If he is right then fair enough but don't expect people to believe everything he says after Ribeiro and Jensen in India in the last week or so alone. A lot of the links this summer have been tenuous at best but without proof either way you have to give him the benefit although I very much doubt we were really interested in half the players in the Mirror.

If he is right then fair enough but don't expect people to believe everything he says after Ribeiro and Jensen in India in the last week or so alone. A lot of the links this summer have been tenuous at best but without proof either way you have to give him the benefit although I very much doubt we were really interested in half the players in the Mirror.

fact is tom, no journalist can ever be 100% right. but if you look, alan nixon cosistantly writes cutting edge stuff about rovers and he is usually right.

• Backroom

fact is tom, no journalist can ever be 100% right. but if you look, alan nixon cosistantly writes cutting edge stuff about rovers and he is usually right.

In the past maybe, this summer - not so much.

If Niko isn't there I just hope we can get shut of him and Diouf ASAP, Kalinic is always reported to have had an attitude problem and along with his staying on his feet problem we don't need him at Rovers any longer.

It's vital the money is used for a forward though

Archived