BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Great, sounds like yet another strange, inexperienced appointment then...

Most likely knowing the owners.

I wouldn't be surprise if this guy is the new director of football and he will be signing players and Kean is the head coach in charge of tactics and picking the team for games BUT no say in transfer matters. Also wouldn't be surprise if he is from Spain or Italy because that is the type of management system they have over there.

Maybe the owners have decide to go very continental management structure with a director of Football operations and with Kean has Head Coach.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds spot on gumboots yet somehow some people will see Kalinic as the good guy in this.

Kalinic is the good guy only in relation to the people's perception of Kean and/or Venkys. If things are a mess to the extent rumored, then good for Kalinic for taking a stand. If things aren't, I expect Kean and/or Venkys will sort out Kalinic in short order. Which do you think most likely?

Sounds spot on gumboots yet somehow some people will see Kalinic as the good guy in this.

If Kalinic had form for this kind of thing I'd be more inclined to agree with you and Gumboots.

As it is, and under the current circumstances, I'm staggered that people are jumping on Niko's back and ignoring everything else as though he's the one rocking the boat and without cause.

If your boss (unjustly in your eyes) froze you out at work so much so that you went to hand your notice in at work but your boss knew in advance, and avoided you and your phone calls, what would you do? Carry on as normal?

If Kalinic had form for this kind of thing I'd be more inclined to agree with you and Gumboots.

As it is, and under the current circumstances, I'm staggered that people are jumping on Niko's back and ignoring everything else as though he's the one rocking the boat and without cause.

If your boss (unjustly in your eyes) froze you out at work so much so that you went to hand your notice in at work but your boss knew in advance, and avoided you and your phone calls, what would you do? Carry on as normal?

I'd moan like mad to anyone who'd listen but here's the big difference between me and him - I can't afford not to get paid so yes, I'd carry on working. I didn't go on strike last month not because i didn't hold with the strike but because I couldn't afford to lose my pay as well as my husband's. What's two weeks pay when you earn silly amounts? He can still pay his mortgage or whatever. To compare what he does and what I'd do is 2 completely different things

• Backroom

My company bombards us with performance management stuff instead of letting us get on with our job, I moan like hell to my colleagues but go and do the work I'm paid to do and it takes me a year to 'earn' what he does in a week.

He did come over here with reports of attitude problems if I remember rightly a Croation came on the official boards and said so.

I'd moan like mad to anyone who'd listen but here's the big difference between me and him - I can't afford not to get paid so yes, I'd carry on working. I didn't go on strike last month not because i didn't hold with the strike but because I couldn't afford to lose my pay as well as my husband's. What's two weeks pay when you earn silly amounts? He can still pay his mortgage or whatever. To compare what he does and what I'd do is 2 completely different things

I don't mean to be rude but your post suggests you are in the minority given the number of teachers who did strike and the number of schools closed - including ours.

The fact you'd "moan to anyone" also suggest that you would become a disruptive influence in the dressing room, unless you could afford to walk away - which Kalinic probably can. I say probably because a footballer has to make enough money in 10-15 years to keep him for the rest of his life.

Again, I feel like I'm picking on you, but you seem to suggest your principles are linked to how much you are earning - and I'm sure you don't mean it like that.

Niko has taken a stand. If he never plays football again because of it, he'd better be good at something else.

However, what I was really getting at is that I wouldn't blame ANY of our players to reacting badly in the current circumstances.

I apologise if this or my previous post felt like a personal attack ! :blush:

My company bombards us with performance management stuff instead of letting us get on with our job, I moan like hell to my colleagues but go and do the work I'm paid to do and it takes me a year to 'earn' what he does in a week.

He did come over here with reports of attitude problems if I remember rightly a Croation came on the official boards and said so.

See my reply to Gumboots, Tom.

P.S. Everyone berates El-Hadji for being a disruptive influence when I'm sure all he's really doing is moaning like hell to his colleagues... :D

The guy is Indian, not much experience in football but lots elsewhere.

No experience of note elsewhere either imy.

And I don't know why anyone has -1 this post; you are going to be shocked when it comes out (or just depressed at yet another odd decision that only makes sense from 5,000 miles away in a completely different industry)

I don't mean to be rude but your post suggests you are in the minority given the number of teachers who did strike and the number of schools closed - including ours.

The fact you'd "moan to anyone" also suggest that you would become a disruptive influence in the dressing room, unless you could afford to walk away - which Kalinic probably can. I say probably because a footballer has to make enough money in 10-15 years to keep him for the rest of his life.

Again, I feel like I'm picking on you, but you seem to suggest your principles are linked to how much you are earning - and I'm sure you don't mean it like that.

Niko has taken a stand. If he never plays football again because of it, he'd better be good at something else.

However, what I was really getting at is that I wouldn't blame ANY of our players to reacting badly in the current circumstances.

I apologise if this or my previous post felt like a personal attack ! :blush:

See my reply to Gumboots, Tom.

P.S. Everyone berates El-Hadji for being a disruptive influence when I'm sure all he's really doing is moaning like hell to his colleagues... :D

Disruptive is something else. Moaning about the bosses to your colleagues is part and parcel of the work scene. We all do it but it doesn't mean we can't get on and do our jobs or that we won't. We all moan about the target setting and increasing volumes of seemingly pointless paper work that teachers are expected to fill in, the data collection that nobody seems to actually know what to do with when it's collected etc etc etc but it doesn't stop us doing the job we get paid to do - teaching kids. And only a third of our staff were actually on strike - the Head still closed the school as he couldn't guarantee that all kids could be supervised adequately all the time they were in school. There are 6 in our dept 5 were at work. As for principles and earning money - it depends on what you are striking about. Issues of safety where staff or kids are concerned and I'd be on strike as fast as the next person - issues of personal finance, no.

And I don't know why anyone has -1 this post; you are going to be shocked when it comes out (or just depressed at yet another odd decision that only makes sense from 5,000 miles away in a completely different industry)

Would you care to expand your comment, on the said person.

Back onto Niko. Is he the aggressor, or the victim in the current act?

I don't think he's really either. He wants a move and the club apparently are willing to sell him if they get the correct deal out of it. However, just at the moment he may be needed to play in a tournament and appears unwilling to do that. The club, if they were going to sell him should probably have got on and done it, but then they don't seem to do anything as they should. He meanwhile is under contract to play football for BRFC as and when required to do so and is therefore at fault for not going to Hong Kong. Perceiving yourself as a victim is one thing. Acting like a spoilt brat is something else but then perhap he's being badly advised too and it must be hard being as out of touch with reality as many young footballers are nowadays. I can see something in all the arguments but I do think that since he's supposed to be a footballer he should have gone and been prepared to play.

I merely repeated what Zac said about an agent that Venkys would be working for-nothing surprises me at the moment.

Back onto Niko. Is he the aggressor, or the victim in the current act?

I'd say he is under orders from his parasitic agent looking to make a buck from him moving on.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/936664/nikola-kalinic%27s-agent-slams-blackburn-rovers-over-dnipro-interest?cc=5739

I suspect his agent made a decent wad of money when Rovers were willing to risk their £6m on an unproven player. You would think that would count for something but no. It's obvious the club do not want to sell until they have a replacement, so they should really put up and shut up until that happens. It's a stupid decision not to play in the Asia Tournament. If Kalinic played well he may have got a better offer elsewhere.

Stupid footballers and greedy agents. And that's coming from someone who liked Niko.

Seriously people, Niko is a footballer he wants to play football. It's akin to being a teacher and never getting to teach, you just practice in front of an empty classroom. For a reaction like this to occur it most likely means there has been some serious porkies or goings on behind the scenes. Both parties are in the wrong, but I would ask the definition of 'manager'?

Nope. Doubt anyone will have heard of him or guess the name.

steve wood is the agent now in situ. he's another nomark agent! :rolleyes:

and ali merchant is a guy hired by venkys to find a new director of football. ;)

(not the same ali merchant that was in the indian big brother (big boss) ;)

am i right ?

steve wood is the agent now in situ. he's another nomark agent! :rolleyes:

and ali merchant is a guy hired by venkys to find a new director of football. ;)

(not the same ali merchant that was in the indian big brother (big boss) ;)

am i right ?

looks like it Zaccaius

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/07/24/blackburn-hire-head-hunter-to-bring-director-to-club-102039-23292385/

kalinic are best striker?? he is awful. miseryman moaned about formica costing 3million n not bein ready. kalinic cost double and been the same use given more chances. worst transfer ever. thanks a lot slug. and all you anti venyks believe every rumour what date did we buy kalinic.?

Kalinic is MOST DEFINITELY in the wrong - how can anybody say otherwise?

He is employed to play football for Blackburn Rovers on an absolute digusting weekly wage from the performances i have seen. He should be out in Hong Kong with his team; if he doesn't want to play for us - then we should fine him and stop paying his wages.

He will get no support off me again.

Football is close to imploding unless someone sets clear rules on who the boss is! I would never not get in my car to work on a Monday morning because i fancied another job, then when my boss rings me - i still stand my ground.

What a JOKE!!!!!!!

• Backroom

Well said vintage he's way out of line here no matter your view on the manager and owners.

I wish we could afford to let him warm the bench for the reserves, he's shown the club and fans utter contempt here.

Well said vintage he's way out of line here no matter your view on the manager and owners.

I wish we could afford to let him warm the bench for the reserves, he's shown the club and fans utter contempt here.

Agree with the pair of you, there's a collection of little spoilt brats in this game we love, ruining it for everyone, mercenaries like Tevez, little chavs like Balotelli and thugs like Barton and Bowyer, and now Nico effectively sulking whilst we pay him more in a week than most families earn in a year. Aren't they disgusting creatures?

Archived