BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Is there actually any evidence of Niko 'snubbing Kean/the team' and deciding to ignore the flight, other than a tabloid gossip column?

For all we know, him staying in England was pre-arranged and the most suitable option all-round?

Just giving some 'balance' ;)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Cryer in the LT explains it differently:

Nikola Kalinic, having initially reluctantly agreed to travel, was withdrawn from the trip at the 11th hour late on Friday night – leaving him now without seven senior members of last season’s squad.

The LT add that they expect Kalinic to be sold in the next two days.

Kalinic is MOST DEFINITELY in the wrong - how can anybody say otherwise?

Well...

What's the point of risking him getting injured if we want to sell him? It wouldn't benefit either of us if he picked up a injury that would deter teams from trying to sign him before the end of August.

Well...

What's the point of risking him getting injured if we want to sell him? It wouldn't benefit either of us if he picked up a injury that would deter teams from trying to sign him before the end of August.

Well....

He could score 9 goals at the Asia Cup, his value would go up and clubs who may not know about him may enquire about him!

Kalinic is MOST DEFINITELY in the wrong - how can anybody say otherwise?

He is employed to play football for Blackburn Rovers on an absolute digusting weekly wage from the performances i have seen. He should be out in Hong Kong with his team; if he doesn't want to play for us - then we should fine him and stop paying his wages.

He will get no support off me again.

Football is close to imploding unless someone sets clear rules on who the boss is! I would never not get in my car to work on a Monday morning because i fancied another job, then when my boss rings me - i still stand my ground.

What a JOKE!!!!!!!

Yet we have Kalinic apologists on here sticking up for the guy :angry2:

He's a bloody disgrace, this isn't about Venkys, it isn't about Kean, its about a lazy multi millionaire footballer who thinks rules don't apply to him.

Disgusting.

Well....

He could score 9 goals at the Asia Cup, his value would go up and clubs who may not know about him may enquire about him!

True. I was slightly playing devil's advocate with my post. If his days are numbered though I can definitely see sense in not playing him. The worst thing that could happen, for both parties, is that he picks up a knock preventing him from moving on.

Well....

On balance I think LeChuck's scenario is a tad more likely - and that's not even taking into account the opposition!

He's a bloody disgrace, this isn't about Venkys, it isn't about Kean, its about a lazy multi millionaire footballer who thinks rules don't apply to him.

Disgusting.

Bit dramatic.

Go back and read Philip's Cryer quote - Kalinic 'was withdrawn' from the trip.

Not walked away, refused, snubbed or any other accusation you want to throw at him.

I'm not a 'Kalinic apologist', I just prefer to go from the facts rather than rumour.

It'll be in the best interests of everyone and I'm sure nobody at the club has a problem with it.

But, hey, don't let that get in the way of your rant.

'Kalinic told to stay at home incase of expected transfer bid' doesn't quite sell red-tops as well as 'Rebel striker goes AWOL', does it?

Bit dramatic.

Go back and read Philip's Cryer quote - Kalinic 'was withdrawn' from the trip.

Not walked away, refused, snubbed or any other accusation you want to throw at him.

I'm not a 'Kalinic apologist', I just prefer to go from the facts rather than rumour.

It'll be in the best interests of everyone and I'm sure nobody at the club has a problem with it.

But, hey, don't let that get in the way of your rant.

'Kalinic told to stay at home incase of expected transfer bid' doesn't quite sell red-tops as well as 'Rebel striker goes AWOL', does it?

I don't need to read cryers or anyone elses quotes, I've watched the guy over the past few seasons and hes not premiership class, can't be bothered to learn the language and isn’t committed to the cause.

Get rid.

I don't need to read cryers or anyone elses quotes, I've watched the guy over the past few seasons and hes not premiership class, can't be bothered to learn the language and isn’t committed to the cause.

Get rid.

What are you on about? Keith can speak English, it's just an accent!

:D

Disgusting.

Contrary to Nicko's Mirror piece it looks like he didn't fly by last minute agreement to see if his transfer can be completed within 48 hours.

So maybe the patsy Kean wasn't defied after all.

Nicko's piece had a direct quote from Niko's agent who explained why he would not be going to HK, I am assuming (now) to push through a transfer.

Came to us a couple of seasons ago, fails to integrate into the squad, does not learn the language, all with bonus of getting paid £30K plus a week- oh the hardships of being a professional footballer.

Contrary to Nicko's Mirror piece it looks like he didn't fly by last minute agreement to see if his transfer can be completed within 48 hours.

Seem like a really stupid move if you ask me. By the times he get to HKG he will be turning back round again. If he was going to go he should have gone in the first place.

I'm talking more general Philip, not so much about the mirror piece or what Cryer has reported, but what Kean said last season, and what Allardyce alluded to when he was here.

Seems Kalinic has an attitude problem and thats criminal for me, after the money we spent on him, and are currently paying him, you’d think learning the language would be the least he could do.

RSC and M. Diouf have returned to their parent clubs, Benjani's future is uncertain and he's crap anyway and that only leaves Kalinic and Roberts on the books as things stand.

If "the future of Croatian football" was worth his salt he'd recognise this was a golden opportunity for him to knuckle down, learn the language properly, tie down a first team spot with his performances and become the focal point of the attack.

Instead of whinging in the Press about being "disrespected by the Club" etc. Yawn.

I think the lad has talent but he was bought at the wrong time, by the wrong manager, in the wrong league.

How many Balkan players have been successful in England? I can think of Vidic, Ivanovic, and Modric. The list of failures is far bigger.

I don't blame him being fed up, he wants to play. People forget Robbie Savage threw his dummy out at Brum in order to get a move to us. Unfortunately we rarely come across players with a burning desire to turn out for BRFC.

RSC and M. Diouf have returned to their parent clubs, Benjani's future is uncertain and he's crap anyway and that only leaves Kalinic and Roberts on the books as things stand.

If "the future of Croatian football" was worth his salt he'd recognise this was a golden opportunity for him to knuckle down, learn the language properly, tie down a first team spot with his performances and become the focal point of the attack.

Instead of whinging in the Press about being "disrespected by the Club" etc. Yawn.

Nail hit on head, exactly Rev, couldn't agree more :tu:

This thread is really odd; bizarre even. It's the only thread where the situation Venkys have created at the club, and Kean's lack of management skills are completely ignored. It's like a suspended reality.

"What problems within the club? It's all Kalinic's fault for not speaking English. He should be grateful that he's on the bench, if he's lucky, and be a professional!"

Give me a break. Nothing else about the club is professional at the minute - well except maybe Nelsen, who, incidentally, is being called a kiss-ass.

I'm sure if Niko thought he had a chance to turn things in his favour he would 'knuckle down' but Kean seems to have made him a scapegoat for last season and wants rid.

That's fine Steve but you now have to go out and replace him.

I'm sure if Niko thought he had a chance to turn things in his favour he would 'knuckle down' but Kean seems to have made him a scapegoat for last season and wants rid.

Eh, that doesn't make sense. Kalinic wasn't even playing towards the end of last season.

Kean dropped him, for reasons we can only speculate, and now an unfavoured player wants out. Not much more to it than that.

This thread is really odd; bizarre even. It's the only thread where the situation Venkys have created at the club, and Kean's lack of management skills are completely ignored. It's like a suspended reality.

That's fine Steve but you now have to go out and replace him.

How would you explain Sam Allardyce's reluctance to give his expensive signing so little game time?

Archived