BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

I'm amazed we could end up getting six million for the useless turd.

Fantastic business

It proves that someone is doing a good job for us. I never felt we managed to get a good deal for the players we sold under the previous owners, so it's a nice change - though only one of very few positives, admittedly.

Now all we need to do is actually sign some replacements!

Niko just never made it and it seems he did himself no favours while he was here. A bit like Tevez, but without the ability to get away with it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would you explain Sam Allardyce's reluctance to give his expensive signing so little game time?

Sam puts the team getting results as priority over giving one player “game time”.

I'm amazed we could end up getting six million for the useless turd.

Fantastic business

Yeah, another six million off the Venky's exposure at the club - NOT six million for re-investment in players.

Niko has been completely mis-managed by two managers, has continued to demonstrate class and form at international level despite his club woes, and some people on here think he can't hack it in the EPL. Blinkers, people.

The guy will never be the battering ram that Sam wanted him to be, he will never be the fox in the box (thank gawd) that some perceive him to be, but he can score goals. Which is what Rovers need just now. So to be even contemplating letting him go, when there is no adequate replacement in view, seems to me to be pretty much footballing suicide. Does this manager and this bunch of Hill Bilal owners actually want the disaster to happen?? I'm beginning to think so.

Unfortunately we, the fans, are given the mushroom treatment. And we all know what happens to mushrooms, eventually...

Sam puts the team getting results as priority over giving one player “game time”.

Pity he didn't consider the clubs 6million before buying someone who clearly wasn't a target man, and never would be.

This thread is really odd; bizarre even. It's the only thread where the situation Venkys have created at the club, and Kean's lack of management skills are completely ignored. It's like a suspended reality.

"What problems within the club? It's all Kalinic's fault for not speaking English. He should be grateful that he's on the bench, if he's lucky, and be a professional!"

Give me a break. Nothing else about the club is professional at the minute - well except maybe Nelsen, who, incidentally, is being called a kiss-ass.

I'm sure if Niko thought he had a chance to turn things in his favour he would 'knuckle down' but Kean seems to have made him a scapegoat for last season and wants rid.

That's fine Steve but you now have to go out and replace him.

This whole situation gathered pace under Allardyce not Kean.

Unfortunately we, the fans, are given the mushroom treatment. And we all know what happens to mushrooms, eventually...

Not sure what that means - Are you saying we should be wary of fat italians plumbers with moustaches? :unsure:

If £6mil has been offered why hasn't somebody had their hand off at the elbow. Bambi on ice is never going to make it in the EPL. He can't rely on goalkeeping errors for ever.

If £6mil has been offered why hasn't somebody had their hand off at the elbow. Bambi on ice is never going to make it in the EPL. He can't rely on goalkeeping errors for ever.

Beats me as well Al. I can only imagine that they want a replacement in, beofre they sell him. Rovers want to be careful though, this offer isn't likely to be repeated.

Beats me as well Al. I can only imagine that they want a replacement in, beofre they sell him. Rovers want to be careful though, this offer isn't likely to be repeated.

I agree, but if that is the case, wanting someone in before we sell, doesn't that make a refreshing change!

Under the trust it was sell whatever the consequences, just get that money in.

So thats 6 million for Kalinic +1

Get a replacement signed up before he's allowed to leave +2

Positives at last.

Venkys are playing a risky game, they could lose the sale altogether if they dont strike a deal. Kean doesnt want him so whats the hold up?

No way we have another striker lined up to walk in the door as Nico walks out

Strange one.

I agree, but if that is the case, wanting someone in before we sell, doesn't that make a refreshing change!

Under the trust it was sell whatever the consequences, just get that money in.

Under the trust we never got this desperate.

For every action, there is a reaction.

As you already know.

REALLY cannot believe some of the words being attached to Kalinic in this thread - class, talent and quality to name but a few.

The guy has nothing to offer the Premier League - no presence, no pace, no skill, no dribbling ability, fluffs chances, always on his backside, cannot hold up the ball and so on.

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!

REALLY cannot believe some of the words being attached to Kalinic in this thread - class, talent and quality to name but a few.

The guy has nothing to offer the Premier League - no presence, no pace, no skill, no dribbling ability, fluffs chances, always on his backside, cannot hold up the ball and so on.

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!

He has the same problem Diouf has at Rangers

funny-sports-damn-ice.gif

He might need to go somewhere to build his confidence.

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!

I wonder if Allardyce ever went to see him play before buying him, or very much like the Grabbi debacle, bought him on the strength of a video.

He has the same problem Diouf has at Rangers

He might need to go somewhere to build his confidence.

I'm not buying the whole confidence issue. He scored on the first game of last season, new season and a fresh start. After that he was nowhere to be seen. It was a total waste of £6m by Sam Allardyce.

If you cannot be geared up to play in one of the finest leagues in football and earning a very healthy wage packet then I'm afraid there are no excuses for Kalinic.

I really did want him to succeed, but he had failed miserably.

I must give credit to Den or Flopsy (not sure who it was), but at the start of his career at Rovers, they remained very cautious and I remember having a debate at the time arguing the point he can be a huge success. Fair play to you, you got this one right :tu:

Get rid.

I can't believe some of you lot as outlined below: RSC and M. Diouf have returned to their parent clubs, Benjani's future is uncertain and he's crap anyway and that only leaves Kalinic and Roberts on the books as things stand.

If "the future of Croatian football" was worth his salt he'd recognise this was a golden opportunity for him to knuckle down, learn the language properly, tie down a first team spot with his performances and become the focal point of the attack.

Instead of whinging in the Press about being "disrespected by the Club" etc. Yawn.

this post sums up everything perfectly we have lost RSC & MB Diouf surely he can see we are very light up front the players apart from Hoilett are garbage Roberts/Benjani could not hit a cow's a*** with a banjo this is the perfect time to knuckle down work hard and prove he has what it takes because there is clearly a first team striker slot to available and the fact our other strikers apart from Hoilett are poor he has a chance & there is no excuse for not learning the language properly that is down to him HE has to make the effort. Also Kean did give him some encouragement after the Accrington game by clearly saying after the game there is a chance he could still make it here after he scored & had one assist. As for the club disrespecting him total twaddle he needs to explain how this is?. He also had a chance we have 2 strikers over in HK we are so light we are playing the club who he loves to play against in Villa & Chelsea who he has scored against instead he goes wingeing to the press he deserves everything that's coming to him & I feel after his behaviour not going to HK when we are desperately short of strikers means he will probably be moving on & the sooner the better as if he doesn't like EHD he will probably be a disruptive influence in the dressing room. I only hope we then sign at least 3 strikers as if he does go we will be painfully thin up front.

I can't believe some of you lot as outlined below: RSC and M. Diouf have returned to their parent clubs, Benjani's future is uncertain and he's crap anyway and that only leaves Kalinic and Roberts on the books as things stand.

If "the future of Croatian football" was worth his salt he'd recognise this was a golden opportunity for him to knuckle down, learn the language properly, tie down a first team spot with his performances and become the focal point of the attack.

Instead of whinging in the Press about being "disrespected by the Club" etc. Yawn.

this post sums up everything perfectly we have lost RSC & MB Diouf surely he can see we are very light up front the players apart from Hoilett are garbage Roberts/Benjani could not hit a cow's a*** with a banjo this is the perfect time to knuckle down work hard and prove he has what it takes because there is clearly a first team striker slot to available and the fact our other strikers apart from Hoilett are poor he has a chance & there is no excuse for not learning the language properly that is down to him HE has to make the effort. Also Kean did give him some encouragement after the Accrington game by clearly saying after the game there is a chance he could still make it here after he scored & had one assist. As for the club disrespecting him total twaddle he needs to explain how this is?. He also had a chance we have 2 strikers over in HK we are so light we are playing the club who he loves to play against in Villa & Chelsea who he has scored against instead he goes wingeing to the press he deserves everything that's coming to him & I feel after his behaviour not going to HK when we are desperately short of strikers means he will probably be moving on & the sooner the better as if he doesn't like EHD he will probably be a disruptive influence in the dressing room. I only hope we then sign at least 3 strikers as if he does go we will be painfully thin up front.

Problem is, if there's a personal rift between Kalinic & Kean, he might not see the point in knuckling down if the manager's going to snub him regardless. He scored twice on international duty last year and was still overlooked for our other misfiring strikers. That's why it would be best for him to make a clean break and start again.

Just sayin'.

Archived