BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

With him being tipped as the future of Croatian footy....just IMAGINE the impact if he turns out as good as people anticipate!! May even gain us a little group of supporters in Croatia ahead of the big4. Much the same as the impact Tugay had on Rovers shirts in Turkey, Pedersen in Norway and (get THIS) NELSEN in New Zealand!!! I went over there last year and saw at least 20 different people sporting rovers shirts bearing his name (in different places)!

In THIS instance at least, never underestimate 'player power'!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talented, natural goal scorer with good physique. Unsure whether he's worth €7.5 million, but he's got potential.

That's what my friend (who knows his Balkan football) says. Nobody is worth their fees these days anyway, and I for one am looking forward to seeing him bag a brace against Citeh :D

Bit strange.

It's going to leave us in such a mess if for any reason the decision goes against us just three or four days before the start of the season.

Chill out RevidgeBlue, We've got Roberts, Di Santos, Hoilett, Gallagher and most probably Benni ready to play for the first game. You never know, there may be additions yet to come.

I'd love to see him bag a goal against the richest club in the world and send them packing though...

Is the guy gonna be fit ? was he match fit prior to comin!

Hajduk are three games into there season 2 league 1 European, he didn't play in the the league matches as he was over here.

He should therefore be in advance of our own players, or was if he's been sitting around for a week or so.

Bit strange.

It's going to leave us in such a mess if for any reason the decision goes against us just three or four days before the start of the season.

I've just been watching on SSN and the hearing for Jozy Altidore at Hull is now going to be next week rather than now. It does seem a bit silly as whichever way the decision goes it doesn't leave much time before the start of the season.

I've just been watching on SSN and the hearing for Jozy Altidore at Hull is now going to be next week rather than now. It does seem a bit silly as whichever way the decision goes it doesn't leave much time before the start of the season.

Looks like the delay is at the tribunal end then. I did wonder whether we might have requested a short adjournment ourselves to put additional evidence together etc.

Southampton have just had a work permit rejected for Radhi Jaidi which is a surprise considering he's played the last 5 years in England and has over 100 caps for Tunisia. It was due to him not playing enough games for his country in the last 12 months. Bit silly considering there aren't too many footballers with over 100 caps currently playing for their country. Seeing him being rejected a work permit maybe shows us that despite his big fee, actually signing a young player with few international caps could actually be harder than we think.

• Backroom

i wish we had gone for Altidore, how much is he going for? He looks like a better version of Roberts

Southampton have just had a work permit rejected for Radhi Jaidi which is a surprise considering he's played the last 5 years in England and has over 100 caps for Tunisia. It was due to him not playing enough games for his country in the last 12 months. Bit silly considering there aren't too many footballers with over 100 caps currently playing for their country. Seeing him being rejected a work permit maybe shows us that despite his big fee, actually signing a young player with few international caps could actually be harder than we think.

Why did Jaidi suddenly need a work permit after 5 years here?

Or put another way, why did he not need one at some point before that?

Going back to Kalinic, as he doesn't qualify under the letter of the law and it is an appeal I hope I'm not being pessimistic but i can't see it being the mere rubber stamping formality many people are expecting.

According to BBC football, "The Tunisia international had passed a medical and agreed terms at St Mary's, but has not applied for a work permit, believing he would not be granted one."

Jaidi from BBC football

Perhaps because he's going on 34, hasn't played much and will not figure for Tunisia. Kalinic on the other hand is "the future of Croatian football," has missed caps due to injury, and should be getting a hatful of caps (groan) this year and next. Let's hope.

Archived