BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great news. Although not really in doubt. Just a shame he didn't have a chance to play in the pre-season games.

Any reserve games coming up he could feature in or straight into the squad for the weekend!

accordin to official site fixtures no reserve game until 27th august

Surely he'll be playing for Croatia in a WC qualifying game this week

doesnt appear to be in the squad?

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5460065,00.html

• Backroom

Welcome to Ewood Nickola.

i'm suprised that this confirmation is the very first mention of him on the official site, quite odd really.

We've seen the Good now here's the bad and the ugly.

Clips of a side of Kalinic's game that I hope we don't get to witness first hand.

JR reincarnated.

Meh. You could make a compilation of Ronaldo tripping over his own feet and casually giving possession away, and you would think he was a wasteful player. Just like how a lot of these vids also work in reverse, and give the illusion of the next Eusebio.

Meh. You could make a compilation of Ronaldo tripping over his own feet and casually giving possession away, and you would think he was a wasteful player. Just like how a lot of these vids also work in reverse, and give the illusion of the next Eusebio.

You must lead a very serious life. ;)

Not expecting too much from him too soon to be honest. Mario Mandžukić is more highly rated in Croatia but the league there is pretty average to say the least. At 21 Kalinić has shown great promise but it's a big leap, be patient everyone :)

Glad it's settled though.

Seems like Sam has bought a good 'un on the cheap. Makes you wonder what he could do if the trustees cared what happened to the club and backed him properly instead of trousering three quarters of any money we get from selling players.

I think the comment is unjustified. I know alot of clubs have millionaire backers with money to throw around and it is a pity that we cannot compete with them. However, we need to live in the real world and I would hate to see our club financially destroyed which can easily happen - look at Portsmouth for a quick comparison and look at Norwich's position who may have a bigger potential fan base than us.

He looks like a right little poacher! He could be a real hit. Hopefully he is one of those players who scores goal wherever he plays. I'm really excited about this signing. I've always thought that we should look a bit more at the European market for players that can really excite the fans.

I think the comment is unjustified. I know alot of clubs have millionaire backers with money to throw around and it is a pity that we cannot compete with them. However, we need to live in the real world and I would hate to see our club financially destroyed which can easily happen - look at Portsmouth for a quick comparison and look at Norwich's position who may have a bigger potential fan base than us.

Rubbish. The club seems to manage perfectly well with the money it has until we sell a player, then three quarters of the money is trousered.

It only happens when a player wants to leave so presumably there is no financial pressure to sell our best players and it is just opportunism by the trustees.

The backing from the so called trust fund is barely existent.

Exactly, but because the club is now largely self sufficient, or at least has to be to survive if there is no financial backing from the trust, therefore an percentage of the money from sales does get trousered but would go towards paying off the loans/debts.

Exactly, but because the club is now largely self sufficient, or at least has to be to survive if there is no financial backing from the trust, therefore an percentage of the money from sales does get trousered but would go towards paying off the loans/debts.

Not sure of your logic there. How can the club be self sufficient if a soon as there is any money it is taken away. The only way the club can go is downhill.

In my opinion the trustees just consider Rovers to be a weight around their necks and have no interest in it, yet they want big money to sell it.

I'm certain this was not the way Jack Walker wanted it to be. The great man must be turning in his grave.

“Blackburn has a great team. They have four or five nice players in attack.

“Most of the guys are 30 and over and I’m young and I have still much to learn. I’m not afraid of the competition and positive that I can play at the starting XI.

“I hope we are ready for the start of the Premier League and we will try to catch a Europe spot. I believe the next champions will be Liverpool.”

“Every day I’m working with the fitness coach at Blackburn,” he said. “We have double programme, morning and afternoon, because I was two months out of real training with the team.

“I have spend time with Di Santo – we came to Blackburn at the same time.

“In the next day or two my girlfriend Vanja will arrive and we will find a place to live. I’m still living in a hotel at the moment.

“My biggest problem in England is how to drive on the wrong side of the road and, of course, the gearstick is on the wrong side too. I will probably buy an automatic – that will help me focus on the road.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...Rovers/?ref=rss

Archived