BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barton - Yes Or Not

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this meant to be somebodies idea of a sick joke? Asolutely not under any circumstances should we even be thinking about that thug anywhere near our club. It was bad enough when he had to tread our pitch as a City or Newcastle player, but now we have at last had that unpleasant experience removed, some idiots want to actually sign him for us.

The priceless value of the good name of Blackburn Rovers is worth far more to me and any decent right thinking supporter than the very dubious advantage of having him wearing our colours however briefly.

What is the point of another thread about a subject we have already discussed to death????

Couldn't you be helping your mothers - I'm sure there's some hedges needing trimming or some shopping needing carrying or a bit of painting needs doing.

The answer to the question is NO THANK YOU.

The point is - we are still lacking a midfield........

As for your question - you answered it yourself :lol: Its a womans job!! :P

You lot confuse me. Doesn't matter how great he is, how fit he is or how many goals he can score. If he's suspended all the time because of referees falling over themselves to send him off then it's immaterial.

Won't compute with a lot of folk here, ADB. Barton is a decent midfielder, and for some reason his disciplinary record is now a moot point. :wacko:

Too much panic and scaremongering about the lack of a playmaker, I reckon.

I hear there is a vacancy for a caretaker/cleaner at Ewood park. How about we offer the job to Ian Huntley? If you take away his penchant for murdering kids, he is defintely somebody with the experience to fill the position.

Any thoughts?

Well, Hughesy, I guess I wouldn't expect anything other than complete lack of respect from Barton supporters. Because it's my fear that if he did come to Rovers, given his record he would not treat the club, the other players, or the fans with any kind of respect at all, and that is intolerable to me, a very sad thought and one I am unable to envisage with any sense of humour at all.

as a player yes id have him here in a instant, but given his track record its a very tough one, i think maybe with the right clauses in his contract then yes, that means if he even thinks about stepping a toe out of line on or off the pitch hes gone

Yes. Because breaking an eye socket, stubbing a fag out in someones eye, beating up kids and having an axe murdering brother is a whole world away from being a murderer.

I dont want Barton at Rovers but you really need to get some clarity into your head. The above crimes are NOT the same as killing someone, not even in the same league.

Yes. Because breaking an eye socket, stubbing a fag out in someones eye, beating up kids and having an axe murdering brother is a whole world away from being a murderer.

The brother thing has absolutely nothing to do with it, that's not his fault. Ian Huntley was slightly more than just a murderer too. You also seemingly fail to understand the relative worth of people to the football club, why are you comparing a cleaner to a central midfielder?

The thing is just completely irrelevant, and in places wrong - didn't you say you're an analyst by the way. <_<

For the record, I don't want Barton here based on footballing reasons.

I hear there is a vacancy for a caretaker/cleaner at Ewood park. How about we offer the job to Ian Huntley? If you take away his penchant for murdering kids, he is defintely somebody with the experience to fill the position.

Any thoughts?

:lol::lol::lol:

My work here is done.

The comparison is valid. They have both both been convicts of heinous crimes. If he had punched Dabo or that young lad in a slighly different way he could easily have been a murderer. The argument that we need a midfielder, Barton is a midfielder, so we should sign Barton is more ludicrous than comparing him to a murder.

Can you not compare criminals? Why are they so different?

If he had punched Dabo or that young lad in a slighly different way he could easily have been a murderer.

I'm not sure why you're prone to this irrational bursts of posting, but that's just mental - 'punched in a slightly different way' - what are you talking about? Being pedantic for a second, it's wrong anyway - man slaughter, not murder.

Why are they different? The nature of their crimes don't compare. One man kidnapped and tortured two children to death, the other starts fights.

I'm not sure why you're prone to this irrational bursts of posting, but that's just mental - 'punched in a slightly different way' - what are you talking about? Being pedantic for a second, it's wrong anyway - man slaughter, not murder.

Really? If I went out and smashed someone in the head and killed them, would that be manslaughter and not murder?

Odd?

Just shows how low football's gone when fans are prepared to support the signing of a convicted thug, because he scores a few goals and isn't a bad passer.

Thanks, but no thanks.

EDIT: Slightly strange analogy in that I'm sure we don't have any problems hiring cleaners and they aren't likely to be that influential in how the club progresses. And I don't think there's many people convicted of murder who used their fists as a weapon, surely it's manslaughter?

Really? If I went out and smashed someone in the head and killed them, would that be manslaughter and not murder?

Odd?

If it was pre-meditated then that's murder...I think.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. I should have left that bit out really because it made no difference to the point I was making.

For what its worth murder is premediatated.

When you intend to kill someone and that is your state of mind or mens rea.

Manslaughter is when you kill someone but that was not your intention or you did not possess the mens rea- for example a drink driving car accident.

But thats by the by...

With regards Barton, I think morally Id like to say no... dont think he should be rewarded with a premier league contract for some of the things hes done and further would reflect on our club in a poor light-- that said if we signed him id shrug and be abit chuffed wed got someone for free who was a class player.

If anyone wants me Ill be on the fence over there...

Bite? Are people so desperate for another signing that they want a mediocre player whose only actual skill is sometimes being able to get away with punching, elbowing and stamping on people?

FFS, we might as start recruiting players from those recently released from the high security wing of Strangeways. At least they're less likely to assault children and put cigars out in people's eyes.

Bite? Are people so desperate for another signing that they want a mediocre player whose only actual skill is sometimes being able to get away with punching, elbowing and stamping on people?

FFS, we might as start recruiting players from those recently released from the high security wing of Strangeways. At least they're less likely to assault children and put cigars out in people's eyes.

He's not mediocre...Grella, Andrews, Pedersen.....now that's mediocrity.

Archived