BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Bets 09-10

Anyone sticking any accumulator bets on this season, on things like the eventual winners of each league/ cups?

Iv more or less picked mine I think.

Who do people think for the championship? Boro?

Also im not too up to date with the scottish lower leagues - any tips?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone sticking any accumulator bets on this season, on things like the eventual winners of each league/ cups?

I'm looking at going with Boro for promotion rather than champions. As for the Scottish lower leagues, I've steered well clear. I'm just going for Prem, Championship, League 1, League 2, FA Cup & League Cup. They won't let me combine dingle relegation with my accumulator though....

I've had a play on Skybet to look at the odds. I'll probably put my bet on at lunchtime, I'll let you know what I've done and the odds.

I'm looking at Sheff Utd to win the championship tbh. They look well-armed with a few rovers/ex-rovers on the books!! In terms of bets, I pick accumulators every week doing 5 teams for the first couple of months, playing safe with 1quid bets until the season settles out. Then I get a little more adventurous.

Having said that, I'm betting on us to beat City. I just gotta feeling. And when I get that feeling, we haven't lost. (Note: haven't LOST)

I'm looking at Sheff Utd to win the championship tbh.

Did you not see them against burnley? worst side I've ever seen in the championship playoffs by a mile.

Going to have a bet on burnley staying up, hoping to lose!

The first division is a hard one to call.

I have Pompey to go down at 6/1 and Newcastle to go down at 33/1 (Couldn't resist the price, there something likes 10/1 now)

Might put a bit of money on Chelsea to win the title, there my tip but their price isn't that inviting.

Not sure about who will win the championship, Notts County with Sven to attract players have to be a decent shout in league 2 to get promoted although they have gone from 40/1 outsiders to 5/1 favourites last time I looked since he came in.

I tend to do an accumulator every week across all the games in Europe picking out the likes of Olympiakos at home, Barcelona at home, Lyon at home etc etc just looking out for any strong teams at home if they are playing weak away teams, teams like Shaktar, Hadjuk, Slavia Prague etc who are very strong compared to the rest of their leagues.

Usually only get about 8/1 for 10 or 11 teams but if you choose carefully enough and only pick teams you think will definitely win (Not just probably) you have a good chance to make some decent money. I always do a few going up to 14 or 15 teams or so which can be as much as 100/1, 200/1 but there always seems to be one teams that's 1/10 on that slips up!!

Never really bet much on the premiership games these days, they are just so hard to call.

I'm about to put my season accumulator on.... I keep having second thoughts before pressing the button though....

Man Utd to win the Prem 2/1

Boro to be promoted 7/4

Millwall to be promoted 9/2

Notts County to be promoted 6/4

Arsenal FA Cup 7/1

Liverpool League cup 7/1

A £5 stake returns £254,100

Torres 8/1 with Paddy Power to be top scorer in the premier league.

That is twice the odds other bookies are offering and a fairly good bet in my opinion.

Torres is 11/4 with PaddyPower

Man Utd to win the Prem 2/1

Boro to be promoted 7/4

Millwall to be promoted 9/2

Notts County to be promoted 6/4

Arsenal FA Cup 7/1

Liverpool League cup 7/1

A £5 stake returns £254,100

I worked that out as £36,300 return - unless I'm doing something wrong.

He's 6/1 to be Champions League top scorer with Skybet, but 8/1 for the Prem seems crazy.

Just checked the email I received from friends this morning and apparently it was a special offer for Liverpool fans doubling their odds, this has obviously attracted a lot of interest from the Liverpool fans and the price has dropped from what was effectively 4/1 to 11/4 which is not as big a move as from 8/1 obviously.

I have no idea how they were prooving they were Liverpool fans, but possibly it was to do with your registration.

Here is the link.

Torres 8/1 Prem Top Scorer

Just checked the email I received from friends this morning and apparently it was a special offer for Liverpool fans doubling their odds, this has obviously attracted a lot of interest from the Liverpool fans and the price has dropped from what was effectively 4/1 to 11/4 which is not as big a move as from 8/1 obviously.

I have no idea how they were prooving they were Liverpool fans, but possibly it was to do with your registration.

Here is the link.

Torres 8/1 Prem Top Scorer

Will Torres still be at Liverpool come the january transfer window?

Do the bookies know something we dont, that allows them to give such generous odds on one of the best goalscorers not just in England but in Europe and the world.

Im going to pick either a league winner/ promotion club and 1 relegation team from each.....

Not researched these teams fully - il probably do that later to decide. If anyone wants to pick holes in any of these for me, please do.

Premier League –

Top – United or Chelsea

Going down – Wolves, Hull or Pompey

Championship –

Promotion – Sheff Utd, Boro, Newcastle (need a striker 1st)

Going down – Scunthorpe, maybe Barnsley

League 1 –

Promotion – Norwich, Leeds or Southampton (-10 start)

Going Down – Yeovil or Stockport

League 2 –

Promotion - Rochdale or Notts County

Going Down - Macclesfield or Grimsby, maybe even Accy.

Hughesy. I haven't ever lost money in my short betting life (turned 18 in may), but just go with ur gut instinct and never change ur mind when u've picked. I say this becos other people will have different views to your own and may pick teams that u wudn't otherwise pick.

I feel like Yoda with a bit of Grammar!!

Archived