BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Bets 09-10

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
League 1 –

Promotion – Norwich, Leeds or Southampton (-10 start)

Going Down – Yeovil or Stockport

Hughesy I wouldn't be so sure about Yeovil for the drop. They're bound to be one of the media's favourites to go because they spend little in comparison to other teams in the league. They have however added a few decent players and have some kind of affiliation with Harry Redknapp so he's always sending decent youngsters on loan there.

Just my thoughts - I follow them quite closely as they're my 'local' team down here.

The Championship is a cut throat league as always.

From the relegated prem teams, Newcastle are in a right mess on and off the pitch. Anything can happen to them until they get stabilized.

Boro some good youth and have kept most of their players. Southgate will be under pressure to get a good start.

WBA have a Di Matteo in charge and have the players who have done it at this level before.

Swansea new manager Sousa has been getting his excuses in already. The fire power of Scotland and Gomez have gone, so goals will be hard to come by. I'm not ruling them out though if they manage to hang on to Bodde and keep him fit. Nathan Dyer is a good signing also.

Cardiff have a new stadium and that syndrome could go either way. Teams won't be as intimidated like they where going to Ninian Park and they have lost Johnson with McCormack and Ledley more than likely on their way. They should have got the job done last year.

I fancy QPR and Ipswich to push hard this year and both are being backed well financially. QPR have had a good preseason and if they are in contention come January, Flavio will get what they need to make it. Keane has done it at this level before and is bringing in the players he wants. Serious contenders.

League 1

Norwich City, Huddesfield Town with Leeds United and Millwall chasing behind. Those 4 are miles ahead of the other teams in the division and I think Gunn at Norwich will guide them back to the championship easily after the signings he has made.

League 2

Rotherham will be contenders for sure. Not sure about Notts County but with the owners and Errikson, they are being well backed by the bookies. Northampton have made some good signings and our outsiders imo along with Crewe.

My first accum will be

QPR to beat Blackpool

Leeds to beat Exeter

Norwich to beat colchester

Huddesfield to beat Southend

Northampton to beat Macclesfield

Rotherham to beat Accy

Rangers to beat Falkirk

£10 pays around £450.

I'd be tempted to go with Boro for automatic promotion, but I'm worried that they'll lose a number of key players before the end of the transfer window or in January and that this could have a big impact on their performances.

For example, I can't imagine that either Tuncay or Alves will be at the club by the end of the January transfer window.

I'd be tempted to go with Boro for automatic promotion, but I'm worried that they'll lose a number of key players before the end of the transfer window or in January and that this could have a big impact on their performances.

For example, I can't imagine that either Tuncay or Alves will be at the club by the end of the January transfer window.

After watching last night's match, Boro has a horrible start/new manager/squeaking into playoffs feel.

History suggests that established Premier League clubs that go down to the Championship will struggle to come back up, it's more likely that West Brom or a strong Championship team from last season will come up automatically.

I can't see Boro coming up this year, nor Newcastle.

I'm sticking to 1quid bets for the first cupl weeks. My accumulator 2day is:

Leeds to beat Exeter

Cardiff to beat Scunthorpe

Palace to beat Plymouth

Sheff Wed to beat Barnsley

Darlington to beat Aldershot

I'll get 23.58 from a quid. Opinions?

Looking good so far.

I heard a good accumulator last week:

Top scorer Premier League - Michael Owen

Burnley to not get relegated

Each way bet for Newcastle to either get promoted or relegated

Each of these has a degree of probability that make them attractive in their own right but as an accumulator it has a certain appeal - get thee to the bookies!!

Fleetwood to win Conference North, if you can get a bet on anywhere. The chairman's throwing a load of money at it to make the Blue Square Premier for next season. Examples of signings are Gareth Seddon (prolific at non-league level) and Chris Holland (ex Newcastle,Huddersfield and next door but two neighbour) and a few others with league experience that I can't remember now.

Lump on.

I heard a good accumulator last week:

Top scorer Premier League - Michael Owen

Burnley to not get relegated

Each way bet for Newcastle to either get promoted or relegated

Each of these has a degree of probability that make them attractive in their own right but as an accumulator it has a certain appeal - get thee to the bookies!!

Who is offering odds on Newcastle to be promoted or relegated? That's a strange one...

Fleetwood to win Conference North, if you can get a bet on anywhere. The chairman's throwing a load of money at it to make the Blue Square Premier for next season. Examples of signings are Gareth Seddon (prolific at non-league level) and Chris Holland (ex Newcastle,Huddersfield and next door but two neighbour) and a few others with league experience that I can't remember now.

Lump on.

Fleetwood are 4/1 with Skybet.

Got this one on early as the odds are coming down. A bit of a long shot but I quite fancy this.

Chelsea v Hull, Chelsea win

Plymouth v QPR, QPR win

Exeter v Norwich, Norwich win

Leyton Orient v Oldham, Leyton Orient win

Millwall v Carlisle, Millwall win

Macclesfield v Notts County, Notts County win

Rangers v Falkirk, Rangers win

7 fold accum pays £704 off £10 this morning and now it's down to £600.

Got this one on early as the odds are coming down. A bit of a long shot but I quite fancy this.

Chelsea v Hull, Chelsea win

Plymouth v QPR, QPR win

Exeter v Norwich, Norwich win

Leyton Orient v Oldham, Leyton Orient win

Millwall v Carlisle, Millwall win

Macclesfield v Notts County, Notts County win

Rangers v Falkirk, Rangers win

7 fold accum pays £704 off £10 this morning and now it's down to £600.

a managerless norwich away could be tricky

perhaps the odds have gone down because they won't be going there with gunn

For the season bet I have the following (placed it before kick off last week)

PROMOTED - WBA

PROMOTED - MILLWALL

PROMOTED - ROTHERHAM

BLUE SQUARE CHAMPIONS - LUTON

Not had chance to see this weekends yet but Wolves must be decent and Swansea to beat Boro

Predictions for the opening weekend?

Chelsea vs Hull

- CHELSEA

Aston Villa vs Wigan

- VILLA

Blackburn vs Man City

- CITY

Bolton vs Sunderland

- DRAW

Portsmouth vs Fulham

- DRAW

Stoke vs Burnley