BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Bets 09-10

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still mulling over a few bets.

Arsenal were fantastic the other day but the champions league is a different game, especially at Celtic with their incredible home record. A draw could be on the cards here, probably best to stay clear of it in all honesty.

Fancy Wolves to beat Wigan, Wolves did well against West Ham but just didn't take their chances, if they can improve on that they have a chance, I can't see Wigan playing as well as they did against Villa every game. Wolves are missing Blake though so could be a blow.

Going to put a few more cheap accumulators on but so far I just have

Sunderland vs Chelsea - Chelsea

Wigan vs Wolves - Wolves

Scunthorpe vs Boro - Boro

Peterborough vs West Brom - West Brom

Barnet vs Morecambe - Barnet

Bit of a longshot really with 4 away wins but pays 93/1 so worth a cheeky few quid. Not really sure about the Wigan/Wolves game and Sunderland could well get a draw. Boro will be fine if they play like the weekend, they'll be useless if they play like they did in the opener against Sheff Utd.

I'm still mulling over a few bets.

Arsenal were fantastic the other day but the champions league is a different game, especially at Celtic with their incredible home record. A draw could be on the cards here, probably best to stay clear of it in all honesty.

Fancy Wolves to beat Wigan, Wolves did well against West Ham but just didn't take their chances, if they can improve on that they have a chance, I can't see Wigan playing as well as they did against Villa every game. Wolves are missing Blake though so could be a blow.

Going to put a few more cheap accumulators on but so far I just have

Sunderland vs Chelsea - Chelsea

Wigan vs Wolves - Wolves

Scunthorpe vs Boro - Boro

Peterborough vs West Brom - West Brom

Barnet vs Morecambe - Barnet

Bit of a longshot really with 4 away wins but pays 93/1 so worth a cheeky few quid. Not really sure about the Wigan/Wolves game and Sunderland could well get a draw. Boro will be fine if they play like the weekend, they'll be useless if they play like they did in the opener against Sheff Utd.

Congratulations, thankfully i decided to have a go tonight and used yours as inspiration, got 77/1 with a quid bet. cheers!!

Congratulations, thankfully i decided to have a go tonight and used yours as inspiration, got 77/1 with a quid bet. cheers!!

Haha well done to you too, I did an accumulator on the ones below as well as the first one that I said

Arsenal

Stuttgart

Olympiakos

Copenhagan

Finished about £160 up overall off about £6 so can't complain.

The thing was, I didnt bet any of my money and the only reason I had a try was because bet24 kindly gave me a £3 voucher today via email!!

tips for tomorrow....... ;)

19th August

Burnley vs Man Utd - Man Utd

Liverpool vs Stoke - Liverpool

Newcastle vs Sheff Wed - Newcastle

Lyon vs Anderlecht - Lyon

Tel Aviv vs PSV - PSV

Panathanaikos vs Atletico Madrid - Atletico Madrid

Chesterfield vs Notts County - Notts County

43/1

That's a quick one I've just put on with some of the winnings, a few dodgy games though, wouldn't put much on it, I've covered myself a bit by betting 5 folds as well.

EDIT: Meant to say Lyon instead of Anderlecht.

No pay out for me last night, I ended up doing 2 accumulators of 4 draws.

I've still got one on for tonight, it's a bit of a daft one but for a possible £164 from £1 I'll certainly not be losing any sleep over it coming in or not.

Birmingham, Hull, Liverpool & Chesterfield to draw.

3 accumulators so far - all 1 game off.

1st one - spoiled by Norwich, weekend just gone spoiled by Villa, and now last night spoiled by Southampton. My luck isnt it!!

Keep it up, you'll soon come good.

I'm going to have another go tonight along with the one that's already on. I'm not going to study it, I'll just nip in the bookies on the way home and fill in the fixed odds. The more I think about it the more difficult it gets...

3 accumulators so far - all 1 game off.

1st one - spoiled by Norwich, weekend just gone spoiled by Villa, and now last night spoiled by Southampton. My luck isnt it!!

£130 winnings from 8 team accumulator gone after Wigan couldn't manage to draw with Wolves, all others came in.

Gutted.

Just placed a 6 match accumulator for tonight -

Walsall v Leeds - Leeds

Dagenham & Red v Shrewsbury - Dagenham & Red

Sheriff Tiraspol v Olympiakos - Olympiakos

Celtic v Arsenal - Arsenal

Wigan v Wolves - Wigan

Sunderland v Chelsea - Chelsea

£5 stake pays £210

:angry: Wigan!!!

Dangerous Sambo.

Imagine if Burnley ruin your bet, could you possibly hate them even more?

I couldn't, no :P

Although it would pain me to bet in their favour! No doubt they'd let me down...

Easy money tonight. Man Utd, Birmingham and Spurs. Very easy.

Easy on paper but wouldn't say they are that certain. (Although I have them all in most of my accumulators :) )

Birmingham are still a new side in the premiership and are no certainties despite the problems with Pompey, Spurs are always crap away and Hull actually look better than I expected although Spuds should come through it comfortably, Man Utd looks like a walkover but they don't have the strongest team out and The Dingles are going to be well up for this one.

I've done a lot of small money accumulators, there's a few too many risky games out their tonight, not even sure about Liverpool at home to Stoke.

Archived