Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup 09-10

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Ste B @ Aug 12 2009, 22:07 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a crock this draw is

What is even going on?

They've done half of a draw behind closed doors, then are doing the rest of it on TV. I don't like the seeding thing anyway, but still surely it should all be shown or not at all?

What is even going on?

They've done half of a draw behind closed doors, then are doing the rest of it on TV. I don't like the seeding thing anyway, but still surely it should all be shown or not at all?

Trying to work out - did they draw the home or away part for the unseeded teams off air?

Trying to work out - did they draw the home or away part for the unseeded teams off air?

Yes I think that they draw the order and home/away for them.

I don't know why they bother with seeds, why try and make it so all the big teams get through and not play each other, half the prem teams don't even care about it.

Yes I think that they draw the order and home/away for them.

I don't know why they bother with seeds, why try and make it so all the big teams get through and not play each other, half the prem teams don't even care about it.

Pay day for the smaller club? A seeded format would work better in the 'first round proper' of the FA Cup though.

Dingles away at Hartlepool.

I expect the West Ham match will be on TV. I don't really care about the match but wouldn't mind paying to watch a bunch of cockney's beating each other up. :lol:

Good draw for Blackburn but bad draw for the fans. Gillingham is miles from anywhere. Even from Southampton it's about 3 hours away and we're just around the corner on the coast. Must be a good 4-5 hours for people coming from Blackburn via London.

I expect the West Ham match will be on TV. I don't really care about the match but wouldn't mind paying to watch a bunch of cockney's beating each other up. :lol:

Good draw for Blackburn but bad draw for the fans. Gillingham is miles from anywhere. Even from Southampton it's about 3 hours away and we're just around the corner on the coast. Must be a good 4-5 hours for people coming from Blackburn via London.

It is just as bad from Hastings to get to gillingham - about 2.45 hours. the return though takes about 7 hours. Once at gillingham the ground is easy to find. From London the 'fast train' takes about 50 minutes. Again the return is the worse part after the game.

Archived