BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup 09-10

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember when we played them in our promotion season. They came from behind IIRC and John Curtis passed the ball in to Friedel's goal!

I remember that as it was one defeat in a long run on being unbeaten. I remember the away game as well which was a proper party as we'd already won promotion at Nob End, last game of the season at Gillingham :)

So Gillingham then, league two club, can't really complain. It's one of those can't win games though where you are expected to beat them and a laughing stock if you don't.

Hopefully we'll get through the tie comfortably and not be one of the big upsets of the round. Should be a good chance to give some of the younger players and perhaps the fringe players a game, I know Sam said Kalinic won't feature early on but perhaps on the bench for the cup game?

How many other L2/Prem clashes are there? Maybe a chance of being a TV game if we play on a different day to WHAM/Millwall which will surely be the main game.

well run club at Gillingham.

when is the game please as I will probably organise a meeting in London to assist with the travel arrangements :D

1864...fancy a trip?

Depends on what date the game is Mike, however, am up for it although me and Mark are getting up to Sunderland early doors as we want to get to as many "alternative" away games as possible, and of course work committments !

Will speak to you saturday in JW upper

Mike

I may also be in London that night (work eh?). I am trying to organise something that shoudl see me arrive in London Tuesday afternoon. Probelm may well arise with the trains.

Where are you hoping to stay in London, it looks like I will be over in Chelsea area.

Mike

I may also be in London that night (work eh?). I am trying to organise something that shoudl see me arrive in London Tuesday afternoon. Probelm may well arise with the trains.

Where are you hoping to stay in London, it looks like I will be over in Chelsea area.

the trains look good, every half hour and only a 50 minute journey.

believe it or not my Uncle lives in a big house in Sloan Sq at the top of the Kings Road. However I will probably stop in Victoria which is where the train goes from and the local Weatherspoons (2 mins from Victoria station) has beer at £1.80p per pint.

It looks like "Leyland Blues on Tour" again................................

im up for a pre match beer :-)

best pub is either livingstone arms, which is known as the away fans pub! and is roughly 100 yards from the entrace for away fans or another option is the southern belle opposite the railway station.

need any info just ask know the area quite well!

Anyone meeting in London for a pint for this one? Or at Gillingham? Dont know the ground..... East London Blues could be massing for this one.

Should probably plan for a quick one at a pub near Victoria and then a group train ride down for all of those living/staying in London.

Edit: I wonder if we get enough people if we might be able to get a group rate on the train?

the trains look good, every half hour and only a 50 minute journey.

believe it or not my Uncle lives in a big house in Sloan Sq at the top of the Kings Road. However I will probably stop in Victoria which is where the train goes from and the local Weatherspoons (2 mins from Victoria station) has beer at £1.80p per pint.

It looks like "Leyland Blues on Tour" again................................

PB your uncle does nt want a Monday-Thursday paying lodger by any chance just taken a new job near Sloane Square?

5pm: "The Willow Walk" (Weatherspoons). 100 meters outside Victoria Station, by the Station Marks & Spencer.

Perfect. I presume we can pay on the gate? Will be two of us ...

im up for a pre match beer :-)

best pub is either livingstone arms, which is known as the away fans pub! and is roughly 100 yards from the entrace for away fans or another option is the southern belle opposite the railway station.

need any info just ask know the area quite well!

We'll be popping in for a swifty. Meeting in Victoria then probably the Livingstone around an hour before kick off.

AEL

Archived