BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tactics revamp sounds promising, it sounds like they might have actually gone for improving the match engine rather than tacking on annoying things like press-conferences or adding some shiny graphics.

I'd like the transfer system to be tweaked as well, it's far too easy to sell poor players for good money at the moment.

• Backroom

Yeah, I agree. Transfers need some serious tweaking. How many times to clubs pick up players for HUGE money and then proceed never to play them? They'll then sell them for the same inflated price and the same will happen all over again at a different club. Conversely, it should be far easier to loan out players. If I'm offering a "wonderkid" on loan for 0% wage and £0 fee I can't believe no club would be interested in taking him on.

New interface looks... interesting. Will take some getting used to, I think. I hope they radically alter press conferences, or at least make their appearance in the game optional. Match engine needs work, but with the new tactical interface hopefully it'll be a lot easier to get your team playing the way you want. Liking the idea of the editor allowing you to add leagues, as well!

Looks nice...I just hope they don't simplify things too much for newer fans and leave the older fans bored.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, they've already confirmed that as well as the new tactics wizard and on the fly instructions there will also be the option to revert to the old slider system for tactics.

"The introduction of a Tactics Creator makes it easier to instruct the team to play the way the manager wants, alongside the introduction of touchline 'shouts' and quick tactic changes for instantly altering your team's playing style during the match. Working with coaches from various levels of football, alongside some of the Football Manager communities most respected independent tacticians, the game now has an extensive array of pre-set tactical options allowing the user to select a player's role in the team (such as 'Ball winning midfielder' or 'Deep lying playmaker'), however the option to use the old 'slider' controls remains. "

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess there has been some back and forth on the Mirror website about the demo release. Originally said the 16th, then the 15th, now says sometime this week.

Should have released it during the international break. Not much football to watch today unless you happen to have money on Algeria or something.

• Backroom

The revamped layout is interesting. It'll take a while for me to get used to it.

The game is MUCH faster than 09, and has a number of cool new features. The tactics creator is quite good as well, and it's cool that you can switch back to the 'classic' tactics screen. 3D seems more fluid too. Overall an improvement!

The new 3D is great as it now runs on slower computers like mine. The new crowd effects are cool. 20,000+ fans at Ewood celebrated quite nicely when Roberts scored against Milan in a friendly. Managing Rovers is going to be a tough one this year. No transfer money and only about 20k per week to spare in wages. The injuries are so bad at the start that I have been playing Andrews and N'Zonzi in all of my preseason friendlies and Reid is the next central midfielder scheduled to get off the injury list. Van Heerden looks like he is going to be pretty useful for set pieces and he is lightning quick. A couple young players look decent. Man City tried to poach Michael Potts from me, but he agreed to a new deal, although I might have been able to find a use for the 1.4 Million compensation that I would have gotten.

Finally got it working!

Won all my friendlies, the highlights being the friendly cup success winning on penalties in the final(Reidy coming back from injury and scoring the winning pen) and then beating AC Milan 2-1 a few days later at Ewood.

The tactics creator is genius and the fans think I'm a mastermind. Open 4-4-2 flamboyant football under my regime!

The injuries are a nightmare and I had Potts stolen by Man Citeh for 1.4m rising to 3.7m. We have no money and I can't seem to bring anyone decent on loan.

Pedersen is having a blinding pre-season and Kalinic is a goal machine! The premiership starts in the next few days so I've saved it to end on a high after beating Milan. It's gone 3am and I'm knackered!

Arsenal first game, I bet they are quaking in their boots!!!!

Archived