BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Mine was posted on Wednesday and it arrived this morning, a few people on the SI Forums still haven't received their Zavvi orders.

I haven't been home since I left work this morning to see whether mines arrived or not but my order did get dispatched last Wednesday so I'm hoping it's waiting for me. Saying that, I'm still playing FM2009 and I'm loving the game at the moment as I've just taken Southampton from League 1 to the Prem in back to back seasons and just qualified for Europe.

No bugs - just seems to run very slow!! Does it for anyone else? Iv got plenty of space memory on my pc so not sure what the problem is!!!

What has everyone got set up league wise? And also what do you have set up for matches? Commentary only?!

No bugs - just seems to run very slow!! Does it for anyone else? Iv got plenty of space memory on my pc so not sure what the problem is!!!

What has everyone got set up league wise? And also what do you have set up for matches? Commentary only?!

That is a little odd, generally it seems to be faster for most people, all of the testing statistics showed that as well. Would be interesting to see if anyone else has similiar problems to you as it could be a fault with your graphics settings or something else perhaps. What is the spec of your machine and graphics?

I've got about 5 countries and 12-14 leagues running, usually just play highlights or occasionally extended highlights for the bigger games. The processing between fixtures is the fastest I've known for 3 or 4 years to be honest and my machine is nothing special at all, just one I put together for a few hundred quid and a mid-top range graphics card.

Is there an easy way for me to find out the spec of my PC? by pressing a shortcut or something?!

The fixture processing seems very quick, it just seems to be when the actual games are being played (my team) that its slow.

Maybe I have too many leagues?! About 12 countries (3 view only), 34 leagues or something!

Im going to start again with less leagues - its just running far to sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.

5 games played. W1, D3, L1.

Sold Roberts & Andrews for £8m total - signed Kone for £1.5m (Bargain striker).

Anyway Im going to restart it as Arsenal I think, as you get a decent kitty of £25m + all those talented kids. See if I can do a better job than Arsene and win them something!!

Once iv got into the swing of it with them, il start another game as Blackburn, or maybe even a lower team.

Anyone got any good recommendations for Centre Defensive Midfield?

Guest Kamy100

List of some good players:

Ebi Smoralek

Veloso

Moutinho

Adrien

Liédson

areola

di maria

john fleck

Lukaku

Neymar

Muntari

Di Maria

Dodo

1) Dzeko - best striker on the game imo

2) Cassano - great AMC

3) Otamendi - one of the best young DCs

4) Hamsik - a great MC set as attacking

5) Diego - has been simply amazing on my game

6) Chiellini - the best defender at the start of the game

Fonseca £1m

Beck £6.25m

Geromel £5.75m

Cabanas £5.5m

Krivets £1.4m

Keko

Van Der Vaart

Hamit Altintop

Kallstrom

Ochoa - £2.5m (Great value GK)

Otamendi - £4m (Can potentially become the best defender on the game)

Di Maria - £3m (Absolute bargain)

Cassano - £17m (Unbelievably good)

Ansaldi - £3m (Versatility makes him great backup for the good clubs)

I found Di Maria on my first game during the demo. I was messing about as Arsenal but still bought him because he seemed such a bargain. For a mid-table club, he's be an absolute steal.

Hughesy, you've probably just been running a few too many leagues. Get it so that the stars are around the 3 mark - runs perfectly fine at that level. Have a play around. The game is very quick for me, and I'm using a pretty basic laptop.

Taken from a forum or from experience?

Anyone looked at my spec know if thats my problem?!

Yes, it's definitely the problem!

You should really only run one or two countries and a small database on that computer. Your graphics card will probably be struggling to cope with the match engine too.

What operating system do you have? If you're running Vista with only 1gb of ram then I'd suggest only one country and a couple of divisions.

Cheers leChuck - so whats the problem? The whole laptop or just the graphics card?

Running Vista!

The ram is responsible for you not being able to run many countries/leagues, the graphics card is responsible for it being slow when you're playing a match. The processor is okay but will still struggle a bit.

FM is quite ram intensive if you want to run a lot of leagues. 1gb isn't much really, especially is you're running Vista and a shared memory graphics card (i.e. your graphics card 'borrows' some of your ram to function, it doesn't have it's own dedicated memory).

That'll definitely do it, for £700+ I should hope so too!

Do you have your heart set on a VAIO? This Acer from Comet is pretty much the same spec (slightly slower processor), but is only £475 (less if you use Quidco/Top Cashback): http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/600024/ACER-AS5738G/tab/specification (need to enter code 5300AW to get 5% off to bring the price down).

Im going to start again with less leagues - its just running far to sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.

5 games played. W1, D3, L1.

Sold Roberts & Andrews for £8m total - signed Kone for £1.5m (Bargain striker).

Anyway Im going to restart it as Arsenal I think, as you get a decent kitty of £25m + all those talented kids. See if I can do a better job than Arsene and win them something!!

Once iv got into the swing of it with them, il start another game as Blackburn, or maybe even a lower team.

Anyone got any good recommendations for Centre Defensive Midfield?

Still amazing how you can get so much for those two no matter what I change, I really don't know why Andrews is worth so much. Think it's largely due to his long term contract.

As for CDM, it's really worth considering N'Zonzi there, still at the heart of my team 5 years or so in and my most capped player in my time as manager. Other decent shouts depending on budget are Cattermole, Camacho, Biglia, Defour, Appiah, Hamsik from experience. If you can get Camacho or Hamsik early then you have a top midfielder for life who shouldn't cost a fortune early on.

Ochoa is defintely one of the best value for money keepers on there, cost me about 8m in season 3 but worth every penny, probably be able to get him for less in the first couple of seasons.

If you are looking for an assistant manager by the way then Martin Keown for some reason is a very good one. I felt dirty for a long time afterwards having him anywhere near the club even on a game but once I got over that problem he was very useful, until he buggered off to Arsenal!

• Backroom

Starting at Rovers on FM2010 is far harder than on 2009... the only bright spot is that they appear to have overrated Kalinic somewhat, so he bags a healthy amount of goals once he is settled. I have been getting a lot of draws so far, cannot find any consistancy, and am getting beaten soundly by the Big 4 whenever I play them.

Pretty realistic!

Archived