BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man City Preview

Could the people not going to the match and hanging around the computer please try and cut down on the negative rubbish which was all too common during games last season ? It's a new season guys. Let's be a bit more positive .

You mean the "SACK THE BOARD!!!' when we're 1-0 down, or "ROVERS FOR EUROPE!!!" when we're 1-0 up? ;)

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could the people not going to the match and hanging around the computer please try and cut down on the negative rubbish which was all too common during games last season ? It's a new season guys. Let's be a bit more positive .

I just tell it like it is, if we're poor ( and most of what was on offer last season was poor ) I'll say so. I'd like nothing more than to luxuriate in Rovers thrashing whoever we play but it's got to happen first. If you don't like it don't read it. Simple as that

There'll be a lot of pressure on N'Zonzi today, he better be up to the challenge or City will rip us apart. I have to say, I'm surprised that Sam is starting him. Then again, if Nelsen were fit, I'd fully expect Warnock to have started in CM.

From official text: Robbo, Jacobsen, Samba, givet, Warnock, Diouf, Nzonzi, Andrews, Pederson, Benni, Roberts. Subs: Brown, Grella, Zurab, Gally, Olsoon, Hoilett, De Santo.

More or less what i expected. Would have played Di Santo from the start though.

Interesting to see who the captain will be, with no Nelsen and Dunny. Probably Warnock though i'm sure Samba may have captained the side at least once during pre-season.

I won't mention we've got Diouf, Nzonzi, Andrews, Pedersen in the midfield then.

3-0 City.

indeed... i dont go for all this 'it takes time for players to settle' stuff, well sometimes this true and team shape/spirit too can take time. but i remember playing in the park, when one team got on top you'd move the best players about to even it up - instant change, good players means good team.... i think city will do well with all the talent they've got, simple as!

City are: Given, Dunne, Toure, Richards, Bridge, SWP, Ireland, Barry, Robinho, Adebayor, Bellamy. Yikes.

There's no ball winner in the middle of the park. Where's De Jong?

Apart from Adebayor, it's quite a short and lightweight team (and even Adebayor's a bit of a fairy). Richards and Bridge are liabilities defensively, so would really like to see Diouf and Pedersen take on their men today. Early balls into the box and I fancy our chances.

2-1 Rovers!

Archived