BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Got A Big Interview, Any Tips?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You not going to tell us wht it is - is it working for GCHQ or something?

Never mind Hughesy, you can't compete with someone who has the experience they're looking for. It's all good though, good interview feedback, don't get disheartened about it.

I work for a local authority - stats and research etc.

The job I went for was a senior analyst - with 4 staff under the position, as part of a new team. Starts on an extra 4k and has the potential to go another 4k higher - BUT i never got it!!

Hi All,

I work for a digital agency called Amaze, which is rated top 10 in the country, and currently we are extremely busy and hiring in several positions across the business.

So anyone looking for a job as Technical Solutions Architect, Lead Developer, .Net Developer with Umbraco, CSS Developer, Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Information Architect, Flash Developer, Art Director, Designer, Tester, Account Manager, Account Director or Digital Account Executive contact me ASAP, and I'll see what I can do!

We have just moved into our new main office in Deansgate in Manchester, and we've also got a new office in Liverpool as well as offices in London and Brussels. I'm working as a Project Manager in Digital Marketing in the Manchester office, it's a great place to work!

We have a PR/Marketing side to the business as well based in the same office, which incidentally have done some work for Rovers in the past I think! :) Think it was when we froze the season ticket prices a few years ago.

Let me know guys. - My company's website is www.amaze.com, feel free to work any questions. We've got some BIG clients!

The job I went for was a senior analyst - with 4 staff under the position, as part of a new team. Starts on an extra 4k and has the potential to go another 4k higher - BUT i never got it!!

Well that explains why you can spend so much time posting on here - wasting council tax payers money.

Didnt get it - never mind eh :rolleyes:

Feedback that I did everything right, but they chose someone who has more experience (I have about 4 years).

Happened to me when I tried to get on at PNE - "loved your interview/CV etc, but we went with the guy who had more experience."

Been out of Uni since last June. Very depressing time.

Well that explains why you can spend so much time posting on here - wasting council tax payers money.

Or perhaps its because I write extremley complex reports that take at least 10 minutes to run a time....plenty of slots of spare time between running scripts and stuff like that.

If it's any consolation Hughesy, I used to work in local authority and the position you went for was probably filled internally before you applied, they've just got to advertise to the general public and interview to tick boxes. I was one of the few outsiders that got a decent role. I couldn't hack the 'council' way of working after 3yrs in the roll and had to go back to contracting. It was all about unions, getting away with doing nothing and clocking in and out.

If you can't multitask while the reports are running out, you must be doing them on your iPhone....

Its not about multi-tasking mate, its about doing seriously detailed reports for high level meetings, which usually mean I spend a full week on 1 task alone.....no multi-tasking needed, the easier reports are done by other people! ;)

But yes I do use my iphone to update here too.

Anyway back on topic eh!

Hi All,

I work for a digital agency called Amaze, which is rated top 10 in the country, and currently we are extremely busy and hiring in several positions across the business.

So anyone looking for a job as Technical Solutions Architect, Lead Developer, .Net Developer with Umbraco, CSS Developer, Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Information Architect, Flash Developer, Art Director, Designer, Tester, Account Manager, Account Director or Digital Account Executive contact me ASAP, and I'll see what I can do!

We have just moved into our new main office in Deansgate in Manchester, and we've also got a new office in Liverpool as well as offices in London and Brussels. I'm working as a Project Manager in Digital Marketing in the Manchester office, it's a great place to work!

We have a PR/Marketing side to the business as well based in the same office, which incidentally have done some work for Rovers in the past I think! :) Think it was when we froze the season ticket prices a few years ago.

Let me know guys. - My company's website is www.amaze.com, feel free to work any questions. We've got some BIG clients!

I've PM'ed you.

Its not about multi-tasking mate, its about doing seriously detailed reports for high level meetings, which usually mean I spend a full week on 1 task alone.....no multi-tasking needed, the easier reports are done by other people! ;)

You must have a tireless proofreading department.

The criteria for selection in one of my job interviews was could you play cricket play as their team liked to win the Manchester leaque nearly every year.. I exaggerated the truth a bit .Being good at the job really didnt come into it..

• 2 months later...

Hey guys got made redundant from joinery and had an interview as a clerk for a solicitor on thursday anyways i cracked a few jokes and was luaghing with them allot. Probably a bad thing right? Supposed to hear back tommorow or thursday.

Don't worry about the jokes too much, some interviewers prefer the more relaxed and comfortable person. I think it depends on the job, and the personality of those interviewing you. Just don't do a Bernard Manning routine if you're after a job at the Commision of Racial Equality.

Archived