BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

Thanks Nicko for your input in the last few months. and unleaded and hughesy i think who put the pic of salgado and sam up.

Mixed feelings about our squad, but will just have to see how were gonna fair.

Strange Big sam taking a holiday on deadline day to say the least, suspect there may have been a barny behind the scenes.

High hopes for Junior,Nzonzi.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROTHEN...talking out of his French bottom...he was turned down by Rovers, not the other way round.

Never known so many deals set up and fall down in one day...and so many people talk garbage afterwards.

JAMES...is stuck at a club he does not want to be with and who don't want him...and Spurs are trying to say they were never after him...sure.

SHOREY...shown the door and wouldn't go through it.

COUSIN...Hull screwed up and tried to get him to Burnley in the end...by that time Nugent was done...jokers.

Two-bob players like Daryl Murphy and Rob Hulse turning down deals despite being told they can go.

There will be about seven or eight moves coming out later if people can get their stories right with the FA.

Any activity involving us? Even if it didnt materialize nicko...

Zurab will go out on loan once the Championship window opens...although his wages are quite scary.

The likeliest club for him have money and ambition.

There had to be one - maybe even two - exits before anyone could come in on loan.

Plenty of talk but no action.

The bottom line is you will play half the season with an inadequate midfield.

Kind of takes away from what was a decent window otherwise.

The bottom line is you will play half the season with an inadequate midfield.

If (and I appreciate it's a big 'if') Grella and Dunn can keep fit until January then I don't think it's as much of a problem as people are making out, especially as Emerton can't be too far off returning as well.

There is also the possibility of Salgado going into midfield, which could be a stroke of genius.

Edit: Random guess at Zurab's likely destination: QPR?

I've had the pleasure of meeting her, I even put my arm around her :P

2777_76056049511_516229511_1581123_.jpg

I don't exactly look too impressed <_<

Was this something to do with promotional work, with a different girl shown wearing each club's kit?

It definitely looks familiar but I can't remember what it was for now?

FIFE ROVER - Thank you for calling me doom and gloom because i said we wouldn't do any business today. Next time you want to listen to Nicko over John Williams, Sam Allardyce, and a guy that works for Blackburn Rovers then feel free too.

Regards ;)

Oh dear! Sorry if I ruffled your feathers Paulo. It's just that I cannot remember seeing even one post from you where you are not moaning and mumping about something. A bit like Waggy and Spencey7. That's all.

Before the sun finally sets and someone takes the thread away...a quick breakdown on who did well and badly in the window.

MAN U - great money for Ronaldo, probably right to miss out on Tevez, Valencia will do ok in time...WEAKER

LIVERPOOL - massive loss when Alonso left, Aquilani has a lot to live up to...WEAKER

CHELSEA - no sign of the expensive Russian or the two other low-key signings...JUST THE SAME

ARSENAL - good money for Toure and Adebayor, Vermaelen looks all right but could have done with a striker...JUST THE SAME

EVERTON - great money for Lescott, over-paid for the Russian, Distin and Heitinga, but lack flair...JUST THE SAME

MAN CITY - undoubtedly better but they should be, would fancy them more if they got Terry and Eto'o...MUCH STRONGER

ASTON VILLA - lost the excellent Barry, signed ok in the end...JUST THE SAME

TOTTENHAM - bought well, but missed out on a real keeper and a centre half and may regret it...A BIT STRONGER

SUNDERLAND - good additions in midfield and a goalscorer in attack, overpaid for some and wanted a top centre half at the death...MUCH STRONGER

BOLTON - Klasnic will have to bring goals because nobody else will, steady Premier signings...A BIT STRONGER

FULHAM - will need a bigger squad to cope with a European run...A BIT WEAKER AS A RESULT

WEST HAM - didn't do an awful lot in the end, got rid of the Italian worldie dodge pot Savio...JUST THE SAME

ROVERS - great money for Roque and Warnock, mixed bag of signings, some good, some ok, some untried, weak in midfield...a bit stronger

STOKE - tried for some big names and signed ok in the end...A BIT STRONGER

WIGAN - lost some big players and signed some cheap and cheerful ones...WEAKER

HULL - aimed for the stars and missed, lost their best player and signed some mixed ones...WEAKER

PORTSMOUTH - late flurry saved them from humiliation, but still lost the basis of their side...MUCH MUCH WEAKER

BIRMINGHAM - some odd signings, a lot will depend on Benitez...STRONGER BUT NOT ENOUGH

WOLVES - a lot of new faces and some of them look ordinary, like Zubar and Halford...STRONGER BUT NOT ENOUGH

BURNLEY - Coyley done a big job with the budget he has but may need to re-load in the next window...A BIT STRONGER

Archived