BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

I'm a doctor, and I can't think of any context in which this would have helped matters. It probably made it worse, if anything. Maybe that's why he's available on a free.

It looked to me more like it was a chest problem (winded?). Would raising the lower body above the heart do anything?

I agree though, if it had been a back injury, that could have been disasterous.

Looked like well intended sportsmanship though, and it was posted over two-and-a-half years ago so it likely didn't do any damage - lucky for Salgado!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looked to me more like it was a chest problem (winded?). Would raising the lower body above the heart do anything?

I agree though, if it had been a back injury, that could have been disasterous.

Looked like well intended sportsmanship though, and it was posted over two-and-a-half years ago so it likely didn't do any damage - lucky for Salgado!

If he was winded it would have made things worse as well, increasing the pressure on his thorax making it harder to breathe.

I have to say, I didn't think there would ever be a tentative discussion about respiratory physiology on these hallowed pages.

Whatever the medical details, it was a pointlessly mental thing for Mista to do, that much is clear.

anyone notice big sam at old trafford today ?

Big pals with Fergie isn't he? Surely he can't be watching a player.

Although I did have a thought that Giggs or Scholes would be a nice addition!

Guest ErinBrown
I'm a doctor, and I can't think of any context in which this would have helped matters. It probably made it worse, if anything. Maybe that's why he's available on a free.

As a 'doctor' you should know that pulling your shoulders and groin back when pushing your midway forward when experiencing lower abdomen pain can sometimes relieve that pain.

Back on topic anyway. Does anyone know whether there is any truth in our scouting Elyani Barda in the Israel Northern Ireland match. Also, any truth in the Michael Silberbauer link.

Big pals with Fergie isn't he? Surely he can't be watching a player.

would love the thought of scholes in a rovers shirt , sadly i think both he and giggs will finish their days at OT

Guest ErinBrown

If Villa want Warnock then they should hand over £7 million plus Steve Sidwell... That would give Sam time to bring in a new LB and sort out Salgado if he wants him that much...

I am pretty certain we will accept something close to 7 million for him. It would be a huge mistake for two reasons. One is that Givet will move to left back which isnt his best position and two because our center back pairing wont be the best possible one at the club. Now if we turn around and purchase a quality central midfielder with all the proceeds, which we definitely wont, then that could off-set the loss a bit.

? What makes you so 'certain' of that?

As a 'doctor' you should know that pulling your shoulders and groin back when pushing your midway forward when experiencing lower abdomen pain can sometimes relieve that pain.

Complete nonsense, but thanks for your thoughts. I'll definitely be using the Mista Technique next time I have to see someone with 'midway' pain.

Yes, an epic piece of photo journalism...still makes me smile.

Salgado is down to wages and negotiations, but I don't think Sam will be happy if it is not done by Monday or Tuesday. He needs to be over soon.

Everyone tells me Warnock is 'going to happen' with Villa. But I don't have much faith in Martin O'Neill's ability to sort out a fee...we may be talking about this one up until August 31.

So no time will be given for using whatever money available from the warnocksale?

Is Sam flirting with the idea of playing Salgado in midfield? He did say something along those lines and made parallels with Hierro at Bolton. Anyone think Salgado has the legs and passing ability to hold that role?

Scholes would be nice if he could force his way into the team past Keith Andrews. Rem Fergie owes Sam a favour or two for winding Benitez up.

Complete nonsense, but thanks for your thoughts. I'll definitely be using the Mista Technique next time I have to see someone with 'midway' pain.

I could think of a few variations on that technique should I be around when Halle Berry ricks her back. :wub:

btw I think thats the first time I've ever used that emoticon.

Scholes would be nice if he could force his way into the team past Keith Andrews. Rem Fergie owes Sam a favour or two for winding Benitez up.

I could think of a few variations on that technique should I be around when Halle Berry ricks her back. :wub:

btw I think thats the first time I've ever used that emoticon.

Who's Halle Berry? :(

Better than Keith Andrews? :lol:

Does anyone know whether there is any truth in our scouting Elyani Barda in the Israel Northern Ireland match. Also, any truth in the Michael Silberbauer link.

I would doubt there is anything in either of those...the money is tight just now.

Salgado in...if allowed...then decide on Warnock is a proper bid comes in...then - and only then - think about anything else.

Is Sam flirting with the idea of playing Salgado in midfield?

No.

Allardyce interview from yesterday here. The following quote comes after he's asked about potential transfers, specifically Jerome Rothen and Michel Salgado:

We wanna do Michel, if we can, desperate for that because we are short of defenders and that for us will be our transfer situation completed for this season so from there on we will work and work and work to obviously get as many points as quickly as we can.

I just dont think anuone can imagine Sam or the club selling Warnock on deadline day UNLESS we have already got the players in to replace him.

I also certainly dont see warnock going for less than £8m based upon what English players have gone for this season.

I would also not rule out the possibility of a player exchange with Villa PLUS some cash. MON and Sam are experienced managers in the transfer world.

If SW is to be sold then it will have to be this week to allow the purchase of replacements.

I would also not rule out the possibility of a player exchange with Villa PLUS some cash. MON and Sam are experienced managers in the transfer world.

If there is a player plus cash offer i think its probably going to be Shorey plus cash. Have to say i wouldn't be happy with such an offer, don't rate Shorey and he is nowhere near as good as Warnock.

No.

Allardyce interview from yesterday here. The following quote comes after he's asked about potential transfers, specifically Jerome Rothen and Michel Salgado:

Sam mentioned in a previous interview that Salgado could play RB,LB and central midfield, I will see if I can locate it.

Wendy asked Big Sam yesterday on Radio Rovers after the game, when he thinks the Salgado deal should be completed. He said he hopes for it to be concluded by the end of the week. So I wouldn't panic too much if it isn't done by Tuesday as Nicko expects.

There is no real reason why it can't be done at the start of the week. You want Salgado in and at least in contention for the Sunderland match.

Archived