BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New World Record

"BERLIN (AP) - The IAAF has asked the South African athletics federation to conduct a gender verification test on 800-meter runner Caster Semenya amid concerns she does not meet the requirements to compete as a woman

The 18-year-old Semenya won the 800 final on Wednesday at the world championships in a world leading 1 minute, 55.45 seconds, beating defending champion Janeth Jepkosgei by a massive 2.45 seconds. Jennifer Meadows of Britain took bronze.

Olympic champion Pamela Jelimo was eliminated in qualifying.

The IAAF requested the gender test about three weeks ago, after Semenya burst onto the scene by slicing her personal bests in the 800 and 1,500 by huge margins."

Does that mean "she" admits to once being a bloke then???? :D:D:D

I ran 200m at school and absolutely idolised Michael Johnson. Tried to emulate his style, relatively successfully. When he ran 19.32 in Atlanta I would never have believed anyone would have gotten near that. Bolt beat it narrowly in Beijing, he demolished it tonight. Its beyond superhuman, how on Earth can anyone run that fast?

Greatest athlete in the World, in any sport.

Bolt seems to have the speed of a typical sprinter (perhaps about the same as Gay) but his his size just makes him unbeatable. (I'm talking in terms of twitch fibres and such with the Gay comparisons).

I almost feel sorry for Gay, he's running times which would probably be close to world records, or might even break a world record if Bolt wasn't around but he's not even getting close to Bolt.

I feel sorry for Semenya, if you are born with a uterus you are a female, end of story.

She may be a freak of nature but what superhuman sportsperson isn't, Armstrong with his lung capacity, Phelps with his double jointed chest and flipper feet, Jordan and his jumping ability

I feel sorry for Semenya, if you are born with a uterus you are a female, end of story.

She may be a freak of nature but what superhuman sportsperson isn't, Armstrong with his lung capacity, Phelps with his double jointed chest and flipper feet, Jordan and his jumping ability

Me too...... btw would a uterus be above or below his boloxx? ^_^

Seriously though all that sh1t about sexuality is the last thing any kid whether m/f wants at that age. Potentially damaging imo.

I think we ll be stronger in 2 years time and you guys weaker

I m coming over for the series so we shall see

Good, we will have a beer then over it

I'll guess 'she' has a woman's equipment, but something genetics makes her produce loads of testosterone.

What if you had both genitalia? Could you have a go at both sets of events?

Depends what was "operational" I suppose

Doesn't Lady Gaga have both sets of genitalia? Hermaphrodite.

Pokeinface <_<

God I hope not, I have sent generations to their doom due to some of her ridiculous getup, I don't know if she or I should be ashamed sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article on WSJ.com today about how the game of 'gridiron' is evolving. In it, they talk about a study comparing size and speed:

Prof. Bejan recently published a study that showed during the past 100 years, the speed of world-record sprinters in both running and swimming has been increasing at the same rate as their size. In other words, the human race is figuring out what animals have long known, that bigger means faster. Whales swim faster than tuna, for instance, and horses run more quickly than mice.

Considering the size difference between Bolt and most of his contemporaries, I shudder at how fast his potential best could be.

Considering the size difference between Bolt and most of his contemporaries, I shudder at how fast his potential best could be.

Apparently Bolt thinks that eventually he'll be able to run at 40mph.

Thats all well and good, as long as he realises that if he hits a child there's and 80% chance they'll die.

Archived