BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

I thought the fans booing told that story.

Also according to Steve Bruce Sunderland players lacked energy as the game wore on, hopefully something we can take advantage of.

Ran out of juice - SB

I am hoping that it gives us an edge towards the end of the game as we haven't played, and they've had 3 in 7 days (its the start of the season as well). We should be much fresher and hopefully can take advantage towards the end.

If we haven't already that is!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on the Admiral? Will he be fit for the game?

Team i would probably go with against Sunderland if Nelsen is out:

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Warnock

Diouf N'zonzi Andrews Pedersen

Di Santo Benni

I'd leave the back four as it is if Nelsen is out. Midfield the same unless Grella or Dunny are fit enough. I'd drop Roberts, got a feeling we won't get many chances in this game so we need players who can be clinical with their finishing.

If Nelsen is fit then:

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Nelsen Givet

Diouf N'zonzi Warnock Pedersen

Di Santo Benni

A better line-up imo if Nelsen is fit. I'd give Warnock the freedom to make forward runs, he has proven he can (Villa last season was a good example).

I'd be happy with a draw, Sunderland i think are capable of a top half finish and they have some decent players in Bent, Cattermole, Richardson. I think it will be a 1-1 draw, Bent and Di Santo with the goals.

Very good news - taken from above. With abit of luck they could be missing Malbranque, Cana & Cattermole

Sunderland's new signings, Lee Cattermole and Lorik Cana, could both be early doubts for this weekend's game against Blackburn Rovers.

Cattermole was subbed in last night's defeat to Chelsea just after the hour-mark with Steve Bruce revealing: "Cattermole's got a bad back," and adding: "Cana's going to have to get an x-ray on his hand.

"We think it might be broken."

The news adds to injury woes picked up in the opening game of the season – Steed Malbranque (ankle)

Malbranque was forced to sit out the game.

All I know is, if Salardo plays, Sunderlands team ain't gonna have a left winger in it.

He isn't, someone on here said somewhere he's playing in some sort of 'thank you' game on Monday for Madrid.

I'd love to be proved wrong though ;)

He isn't, someone on here said somewhere he's playing in some sort of 'thank you' game on Monday for Madrid.

I'd love to be proved wrong though ;)

It says on the Rovers website, that Michel will go back to Madrid AFTER the wekend to say goodbye at a game in his honour on Monday. Maybe he will make an appearance with Rovers on Saturday and then fly back over there. He may not play at the Real Madrid game or if he does it may just be for 5 mins or so.

It says on the Rovers website, that Michel will go back to Madrid AFTER the wekend to say goodbye at a game in his honour on Monday. Maybe he will make an appearance with Rovers on Saturday and then fly back over there. He may not play at the Real Madrid game or if he does it may just be for 5 mins or so.

I seriously hope he isn't playing for another club now we've signed him....what happens if he gets an injury.....that can happen in 5 mins... :o:o

Sam may be using the club/press release to our advantage here.

Are Real not one of the few clubs where they allow fans to watch training sessions.

They play there first league match on Sunday, there is no way they will play a friendly type game within 24 hours, even for Salgado.

If the above is the case, the last game he played was in Ireland I believe, so maybe he has been invited back for the training session and a chance to give his farewells.

In which case he will play in the Blue and White at Sunderland IMO. Of course my opinion/thoughts could be total ######. :D

Archived