BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

How constructive? Brad wouldn't have made half of those saves that Robbo made against Wigan last season. Plus he's ten years younger. Great piece of business, move on.

I'd suggest very constructive if Robinson would watch vids and take note of Brads technique in those situations. Or do you think Robinson is the finished article and has nothing at all to learn?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's look at the whole picture:

Sam's key players for centre midfield are currently Dunn, Reid, and Grella.

I'm not being funny but how do you know that though? Do you mean in your opinion Sam's key players in centre midfield should be Dunn, Reid, and Grella?

I'd personally say Emerton should be one of Sam's key players in midfield, and I'd ask certainly what justifies Grella's place as a key central midfielder? Even when bloke is fit he hasn't looked anything like the quality we need (at times he's been diabolical) - do you say he is a key player because he came from a Serie A side? I'm pretty sure that certainly won't be Sam Allardyce's definition of a "key player".

I'm not being funny but how do you know that though? Do you mean in your opinion Sam's key players in centre midfield should be Dunn, Reid, and Grella?

I'd personally say Emerton should be one of Sam's key players in midfield, and I'd ask certainly what justifies Grella's place as a key central midfielder? Even when bloke is fit he hasn't looked anything like the quality we need (at times he's been diabolical) - do you say he is a key player because he came from a Serie A side? I'm pretty sure that certainly won't be Sam Allardyce's definition of a "key player".

Ummm, maybe because our central midfield doesn't look up to it? They don't create much or offer all that much protection to the defence. Perhaps because there isn't a quality passer in the centre mid. It's blindingly obvious that given their performances that Sam must have in mind one or two others to be central midfield.

I will admit that we don't know which two Sam thinks will be his central midfielders. I'd be very interested to know which of the crocked trio Sam reckons will make it back.

And on the Grella front I too have yet to be convinced, although you hope that plying his trade in Serie A ,having a fair few international caps, not to mention the price we paid (inflated but there must have been something that prompted such a high fee) that he can bring something better to the midfield.

And on the Grella front I too have yet to be convinced, although you hope that plying his trade in Serie A ,having a fair few international caps, not to mention the price we paid (inflated but there must have been something that prompted such a high fee) that he can bring something better to the midfield.

Yeah I hope that too obviously - but my or your hoping it isn't going to make it so. He can't stay fit and he looked poor last season when fit.

I'd love him to come good but I certainly wouldn't be putting any money on it happening.

So long as we keep that sort of form going, we are going to give somebody an almighty stuffing and we will be off and running. What was Alan Wiley on yesterday? Disgraceful reffing performance.

Completely agree!!

BLOODY HELL PEOPLE GET A FRIGGIN GRIP WE PLAYED 2 (TWO) THATS RIGHT 2 GAMES !!!!!!!

We're going down we're going down :rolleyes: Bloody hell if it isn't bad enough having the dingles above us now just imagine if they were a division higher.

Interesting listening to Phil Thompson on SSN this evening. Said we played very well against Sunderland, and played some good stuff on the deck but weren't afraid to go direct when necessary. He reckons we'll have a decent home form this season.

Archived