BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crucial 3 - £30

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These are Blackburn lads whom I mean.

Not everyone in Blackburn supports Rovers Mattyblue, you only have to see the number of Rangers/Celtic shirts around town to know this never mind the large number of Liverpool and ManU Tops.

Always find that a curious word to use for those people I see in Blackburn in those shirt.

Always find that a curious word to use for those people I see in Blackburn in those shirt.

completely agree. Annoys me why anybody from around blackburn would 'support' anyone else other than rovers. But I have my theory:

Most people i see in blackburn and surrounding towns wearing liverpool and utd shirts are from less well off areas, who've never been to a game in their life, who aren't actually into footy that much, and have purchased a shirt from jjb at a knock down price and it is probably the best fashion accesory they have. And by wearing a shirt 24/7 is the only way to show 'support' for their club.

The overwhelming majority of people in the better areas of blackburn, darwen and other nearby towns support rovers.

looking at the onerovers website, that does seem the case ... do you think that fans have got the idea that a cruicial three ticket will more or less mean you are reserved a ticket for the derby match?

Not sure - maybe its because you can pay £22-29 for a ticket for tomorrow, or £30 for tomorrow & Villa.

maybe, just makes me wonder why the take-up wasn't there for the West Ham match? Anyway, not complaining as I thought it was flat in the Darwen End for the West Ham match ... on a seperate note, it will be interesting to hear the noise levels from the other three stands as from the Darwen End Lower (where the away fans sat last season) you couldn't hear much at all (except for Tugay) compared to EVERY other ground in the league.

completely agree. Annoys me why anybody from around blackburn would 'support' anyone else other than rovers. But I have my theory:

Most people i see in blackburn and surrounding towns wearing liverpool and utd shirts are from less well off areas, who've never been to a game in their life, who aren't actually into footy that much, and have purchased a shirt from jjb at a knock down price and it is probably the best fashion accesory they have. And by wearing a shirt 24/7 is the only way to show 'support' for their club.

The overwhelming majority of people in the better areas of blackburn, darwen and other nearby towns support rovers.

I'm from a "less well off area" and so are all my friends & family; pretty much everyone I know supports Rovers. Some a bit more fair weather than others; naturally. I know at least 14 of my friends & family from these areas (Highercroft & Shadsworth FTR) who have season tickets.

maybe, just makes me wonder why the take-up wasn't there for the West Ham match? Anyway, not complaining as I thought it was flat in the Darwen End for the West Ham match ... on a seperate note, it will be interesting to hear the noise levels from the other three stands as from the Darwen End Lower (where the away fans sat last season) you couldn't hear much at all (except for Tugay) compared to EVERY other ground in the league.

The West Ham game was a dire match, different story vs Wolves

Archived