BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salgado

Is Salgado a dirty player then? Is he a bit hot headed?

I watch a fair bit of Spanish football and he's certainly competitive and with this collects his fair share of yellow's. I wouldn't say he goes over the top though - he's just incredibly determined to win. A few fellow pro's have described him as a 'hard man'.

A great signing IMO. Welcome to Ewood Michel.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember reading a story about 10 years ago when McManaman was with Real, he described Salgado as one of the toughest men he had ever met and said that the first words he HAD to learn in Spanish were from Salgado and they were "cover me"!

Looking forward to seeing him running up and down the touch line in a Rovers shirt.

Salgado on back of this years home shirt. Fact.

Nicko - please can we have a midfielder?

Two great ideas!

Same for me, I have a month to decide which shirt goes back to Phuket, should it be Salgado or ILL DUE, what does it mean again. I forget.

I'd go Salgado, the other looks like you are ready for the infirmary!

I remember reading a story about 10 years ago when McManaman was with Real, he described Salgado as one of the toughest men he had ever met and said that the first words he HAD to learn in Spanish were from Salgado and they were "cover me"!

Yeah that was nout to do with football though.

Fantastic signing.

Whoever says he's past it, take a look at who won the 2009 PFA Player of the Year award and he's almost 36. ;)

Salgado has a couple more years in him yet, Sam is an effin legend. To bring someone like Salgado to a "small club" like Blackburn when he's played for one of the biggest clubs in the world if not the biggest club, is just genius.

Sky Sports said he expressed his excitement at the prospect of playing in England for Blackburn, how does Sam pull off these signings :lol:

Salgado....oooooooh

Salgado....oooooooh

He comes from sunny Spain

Beware he causes pain

:lol:

Bolton used to sing "he came from Real Madrid, he didn't cost a quid" to Fernando Hierro.

It would work but can't say I'll be singing it ;)

Welcome Michel.

Seen him play several time for Real at the Bernabeu over the past 5 or 6 years and he is still a class act. Will be interested to see where Sam plays him but wherever I think we can expect "commitment" from the lad - he does not take prisoners! I am sure Mr.Wenger is going to love him :D

Archived