BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock Or Quality Midfielder

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A creative midfielder is NOT what we need!! we had 16 chances 2day and put away ONE. We need a goalscorer in the midfield, or for our strikers to do a HELLUVA lot better. I can't face dominating a side and losing too many times. We best beat Wist 'Aaaam. The crucial 3 just becam the feckin critical 3!!

I have changed my mind on the need for a midfielder.

When we are always going to play very direct I would also say that we don't need this creative midfielder which keeps getting banded about. Last year, and so far this season, we always created chances, just could not take them.

Agree we are lacking top quality in that area, but part of the problem is because we currently play Andrews there (who does a solid job and works hard may I add).

With so many midfielders on the payroll, simply cannot justify it too.

Whether the club take some money and pay off more the bank is irrelevant IMO. At least the cub will be even lesser in debt than before.

Warnocks potential replacement ? I am not sure whether there are too many attacking left backs around that hve the same committment as him, but for me Nicky Shorey aint a bad shout or Leighton Baines.

Someone on the official board is saying that Gally was talking to someone Thursday, Warnock had a bust up in training (presumably with Sam) and told to train with the ressis, maybe there is more to this saga than just a bid from Villa.

Hmmmm when I suggested that Warnock might have a gobby attitude I was quickly rounded on. I wonder why some people don't want to see the wood for the trees?

Warnocks potential replacement ? I am not sure whether there are too many attacking left backs around that hve the same committment as him, but for me Nicky Shorey aint a bad shout or Leighton Baines.

Cannot see Everton letting Baines go.

Someone mentioned a rumor of Shorey coming this way in the deal. I, for one, would be happy with that.

Players don't suddenly turn that crap, just needs a fresh start.

No they do not, he is just plain crap, end of story.

If he isn't good enough for one of our rivals then why should we settle for him in part exchange for one of our best players.

If Warnock has to go then it should be all cash so that Sam can spend it where he see's fit, which may or may not be a creative midfielder.

Just to answer the thread question, creative midfielder for me, Warnock has been quality since he joined but we do have cover at left back and for me in midfield he is only average.

Kranjcar would be a good addition I think.

Warnock is a very good player and a great option to have.

With the way our transfer budgets have been though, IF Sam receives assurances that he will have at least £6m to spend on a midfielder then I'd sell him.

We desperately need a Niko Krancjar/Luka Modric/Pedro Mendes/Xabi Alonso type player who can do something with the ball at his feet.

1) Villa did put a vastly improved bid for Warnock on Friday so AN's credibility is intact

2) There is no deal to sell Warnock as yet

3) If Warnock is sold, I suspect it will be undisclosed as it will be in neither club's interest to publicise the number.

Forgive me for sounding dumb but I always understood undisclosed to be an extremely low fee for a player who's market value would normally be a lot higher. So that the selling club is not embarrassed? It sounds like we won't be selling Warnock for anything other than a high market value - unless of course, as AN suggested, things between the manager and player are sour and past the point of no return.

or if consequently the selling club are in talks about buying another player they don't the third club to know how much money they've just gained.

There are two things that would bother me about this transfer. Firstly, if we were to get the £8 million that has been mentioned, we all know that a wack of that will go straight to the bank as usually happens when we sell any of our good players for a large fee. So even though we are crying out for a quality centre midfielder to add some creativity to the side, someone like that costs big money, which is something that Blackburn have made clear that they aren't willing to spend. I would rather wait and get the right player in, than blowing a few million on someone who isn't up to it. And now Ryan Nelsen has done his knee again, we need Givet at centre back and no one wants to see Olsson at left back yet, so ideally Warnock would slot straight back in there. We do have Zurab who is good option to come in and never lets anyone down, which would allow Givet to continue at left back, but if anything else were to happen to any of our centre backs now, we'd be in big bother.

If Warnock is still here next saturday (I really hope he is), and he plays in place of the injured Nelsen, we need to give him a good reception. He has never said he wants to leave and Sam made the decision not to play him yesterday, unlike Lescott who refused to play for Everton. If we boo him it will give him a reason to leave. He has been fantastic for us.

STE - VIE WAR - NOCK (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)

STE - VIE WAR - NOCK (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)

Archived