BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

:huh: 3 games in and we are 2 points down on last season,drew with city and blunderland.playing roberts up front was one very strange decision,but the manager knows best :lol:

Knows better than Ince, the man you backed all the way :huh:

Although I do agree about Roberts, although i don't see why you seem to revel in the club failing or not winning :wacko:

Bet we're up on last season in mid December ;)

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grella is a good player. He is not a creative playmaker, he is not fast nor mobile enough to be box to box either. A deep midfield sitter whose ability is to break down the opposition moves and get the ball to the creative players asap. I've seen him have 2 bad games and unfortunately he is very susceptable to injuries. A good run of fitness would show the duller of thought on here his value to the team. It's not difficult I suppose but he is one of Ince's better signings. Anybody who thinks otherwise is ignorant about midfield play.

It's possible that he and N'Zonzi are too similar but I'll reserve judgemnent until I see that formation with a wide man on the right as the problems 1st half on sat were mainly down to Andrews playing far too narrow and clogging up and cramping Grella and N'Zonzi's room on the pitch.

Got it in one.Too many defensive mid-fielders and no right-wing so no width down that side. N'Zonzi and Grella should never be in the same side unless we are simply trying to keep the opposition out.

Grella is a good player. He is not a creative playmaker, he is not fast nor mobile enough to be box to box either. A deep midfield sitter whose ability is to break down the opposition moves and get the ball to the creative players asap. I've seen him have 2 bad games and unfortunately he is very susceptable to injuries. A good run of fitness would show the duller of thought on here his value to the team. It's not difficult I suppose but he is one of Ince's better signings. Anybody who thinks otherwise is ignorant about midfield play.

It's possible that he and N'Zonzi are too similar but I'll reserve judgemnent until I see that formation with a wide man on the right as the problems 1st half on sat were mainly down to Andrews playing far too narrow and clogging up and cramping Grella and N'Zonzi's room on the pitch.

I'd agree with everything you've posted there but describing those who dont as being "duller of thought" is a poor effort imo.

A stranger reading the last page would conclude that Dunn and Grella were fantastic and N'Zonzi(sp) confirmed his credentials as a top class international player .

Either I'm duller than I thought or my expectations of premiership football is far too high . <_<

Terming Grella as one of "Ince's better signings" is beyond belief...are you his agent? Four million pounds for a half-fit midfielder who seems scared to be more than 10 yards away from Samba does not a good signing make, especially at that price. To be fair, however, he's great at the square ball

Terming Grella as one of "Ince's better signings" is beyond belief...are you his agent? Four million pounds for a half-fit midfielder who seems scared to be more than 10 yards away from Samba does not a good signing make, especially at that price. To be fair, however, he's great at the square ball

He's been a terrible signing as far as his injury record goes, and the fee was ridiculous for a man of his age and record, but he is clearly has some talent. He also seems to have found a bit of pace down the back of his sofa which is encouraging.

Its a case of balancing him with someone who is going to get forward. Ie Dunn or Emerton. NZonzi and him is a non starter.

So you prefer Robbie Fowler, Danny Simpson and Keith Andrews? :lol:

Still disagree with my 'poor effort' Deryck? :rolleyes:

No. You might need to read my post again. You'll see that I agree with you about Grella. Sadly, when it comes to a debate, you seemingly cant help yourself and have to insult those who dont share your opinion or just be generally obnoxious. Which is a pity.

He's been a terrible signing as far as his injury record goes, and the fee was ridiculous for a man of his age and record, but he is clearly has some talent. He also seems to have found a bit of pace down the back of his sofa which is encouraging.

Its a case of balancing him with someone who is going to get forward. Ie Dunn or Emerton. NZonzi and him is a non starter.

You don't play in Serie A for a decade without having some degree of class. 4.2m Euros for a 28 year old international in this day and age is pretty good business - it's just a shame he hasn't managed to stay fit.

That said, calling him the best Ince signing is a back handed compliment if ever I've seen one. Not to mention that accolade surely goes to Robinson (if he even wants it! :P ).

You don't play in Serie A for a decade without having some degree of class.

He's only ever been a bit of a Serie A journeyman though, knocking around mid-lower table. He's really just a Serie A version of Michael Brown/Gavin McCann etc.

I think I'm right in saying he's the most expensive central midfielder we've signed since Barry Ferguson. In that context he was an awful signing, completely lacking in imagination and doomed to mediocrity-at-best from the beginning.

Unfortunately, he's been so poor at making an impact that mediocrity is probably a target he should be aiming for right now.

How many minutes did Grella play last year....how many goals did he score...contrast that with Andrews' season and consider the fees involved and try to spin the fact that somehow Grella was a better signing than Andrews...it's called value for money

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/02/...4927663095.html

Old article. Sounds familiar.

He's not a goal-scoring midfielder and he was never signed to be one. His primary role is to help out the defense because Sam clearly wants to create a team who's primary goal is to keep a clean sheet. "Value for money" is very subjective. Saying that will mean that Robinson can never be considered a better signing than Andrews because he'll never score goals. It's a TEAM game, so each player's contribution is different. Grella will justify the transfer fee and wages if he keeps fit this season.

Dont know if anyone else has posted same thing thing on here but I couldn't belive how bored I was last saturday. Never have I been ewood park and time has stood still, if we are going to play that sort of football from now on I won't be renewing my season ticket. I prefare my chants to be jovial and mocking the other team not 4-4-2 and "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK".

Archived