BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

Apparently Sam has confirmed Salgado will not be playing for a couple of weeks. As it stands Chimbonda could be signed in time for Wham.

So maybe Givet--Chimbonda---Samba---Jacobsen is probable as far as the back four go.

Chimbonda and Samba at centreback will give us a lot of pace.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would play:

Robbo

Jacobsen Chimbonda Samba Givet

Grella

Hoillet N'zonzi Pedersen

Roberts.

I know Andrews is bad, but would you honestly rather play with 10 than have him in the side? ;)

Great preview by the way. I'm going for a 2-0 win; Roberts and Pedersen with the goals.

Robbo

Jacobsen Samba Chimbonda Givet

Diouf Gamst Nzonzi Elrio

Hoiliett Kalinic

Thats only if we get Chimbonda in quickly. Otherwise i can see Olssen at LB with Givet alongside Samba or Zurab starting

Robbo

Diouf Gamst Nzonzi Elrio

Hoiliett Kalinic

Thats only if we get Chimbonda in quickly. Otherwise i can see Olssen at LB with Givet alongside Samba or Zurab starting

What experience does Gamst have at EPL level of playing through the middle?? A big gamble for a must win game dont you think? Also Elrio at left wing? The guy has been our worst signining of the summer from what I've seen and should not be allowed near the starting eleven for quite a while yet. Hoilett does have potential but cant see him being a starter as of yet. Im sorry to say I cant see Sam putting out a side without Andrews and Roberts just yet. Once Dunn regains some more match fitness he could start with Nzonzi in the middle.

• Backroom

Think I'd be tempted to start with Hoilett and Roberts up top for this one, the movement could cause a lot of problems

robbo

Diouf NZonzi Dunn Pedersen

Hoilett Roberts

Subs: brown, Kalinic, Grella, Andrews, Emerton, Benni, Salgado

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

Diouf Dunn N'Zonzi Pedersen

Kalinic Roberts

subs:

Brown, Zurab, Salgado (if fit/ready), Reid (ditto), McCarthy (ditto), Emerton (ditto), Van Heerden

All those dittos (and a question mark over Dunn) highlights how desperately we need to get players fit. Cant believe with no points on the board we've already lost Nelsen & Di Santo. Rovers & injuries!!

When we signed Elrio Sam said he wouldn't play till the second half of the season as he needs to bulk up

Is this true? Seems most of our signings aren't ready for one reason or another

Is this true? Seems most of our signings aren't ready for one reason or another

Which im not happy with. You would think any signing we make should be fit and ready. We need the players to hit the ground running.

What experience does Gamst have at EPL level of playing through the middle?? A big gamble for a must win game dont you think? Also Elrio at left wing? The guy has been our worst signining of the summer from what I've seen and should not be allowed near the starting eleven for quite a while yet. Hoilett does have potential but cant see him being a starter as of yet. Im sorry to say I cant see Sam putting out a side without Andrews and Roberts just yet. Once Dunn regains some more match fitness he could start with Nzonzi in the middle.

Well being from South Africa myself, and watching Elrio down the left wing is a bit confusing. However what do i know.;)

Im pretty sure ive seen Gamst play a few games in central midfield, and i still believe he is capable of it.

Which im not happy with. You would think any signing we make should be fit and ready. We need the players to hit the ground running.

He was a freebie - not going to pass that one up are we if we just feel he needs to bulk up. Abit like Gamst needed to at the start, and probably like Kalinic needs to aswell.

Back to normal formation wise for me we created lads more chances in our other two games. Although I think Gillingham is how we will end up playing.

---------------------Robbo-------------------

Jacobsen-----Samba---Givet-----Chimbonda (I hope he's got a left peg)

---------------N'zonzi---Salgado---------- (###### to waiting, he's had enough pre-season to do 60 min, we need a boost)

Diouf---------------------------------Gamst

---------------Klaninic---Roberts-------------

Superman on for Salgado when he flags, Dunn for Klaninic (he did better against Sunderland, it will also be his first home game a few chants from us early on and who knows where his confidence could go??). When Dunn comes on switch to the 4231 and then bring on Holliett for Diouf to see if he can do as well in the role at this level as he did the other night.

I'm keen to see Samba tackle Carlton as if Carlton's a lion then Samba's a sabre tooth tiger, so should be a good battle.

Worried about throwing Chimbonda straight in but there's no way I'm moving Givet. Klaninic took up some good positions and with someone like Roberts running round, well even with the law of averages one will go in eventually. Benni's been robbing the pie shop stock as he seems more lethargic than ever and I thought we had mice.

I don't think the Hoodoo will apply this time, 3-1 Rovers with a first goal for one of the new boys, Klaninic will score if he plays from the start. Well at least thats what my betting slip says.

I'm pretty certain Givet will play in the centre and Chimbonda at left back, not the other way round.

Hmmm... interesting question this. Givet's authority means laying him in the centre makes more sense. But then no left foot at left back? Always a major problem, far more so than at left wing. Chimbonda is technically very able though...

You are probably right, although when Nelsen is fit Givet will probs move back out left.

Could be the perfect time to play West Ham with all the off the field issues they have had recently. I think the team will be:

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda/New signing?

Diouf N'Zonzi Andrews Pedersen

Roberts McCarthy

Not really the side i would like to see but its what i expect. Andrews could be dropped but he has been ever present so far? Grella or Dunny could come in or off the bench if Sam reckons they are fit enough. iirc Sam said that Salgado won't be starting for a while? Kalinic picked up a knock against the Gills so Sam may want to play it safe and put him on the bench with a view to come on at some point.

Prediction? Tough one to predict really considering our shocking record against them, they really have been our bogey team in recent years. I'm going to be positive and go for a 1-0 win, Kalinic to come on with 30 mins to go and he scores his first goal.

Could be the perfect time to play West Ham with all the off the field issues they have had recently. I think the team will be:

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda/New signing?

Diouf N'Zonzi Andrews Pedersen

Roberts McCarthy

Not really the side i would like to see but its what i expect. Andrews could be dropped but he has been ever present so far? Grella or Dunny could come in or off the bench if Sam reckons they are fit enough. iirc Sam said that Salgado won't be starting for a while? Kalinic picked up a knock against the Gills so Sam may want to play it safe and put him on the bench with a view to come on at some point.

Prediction? Tough one to predict really considering our shocking record against them, they really have been our bogey team in recent years. I'm going to be positive and go for a 1-0 win, Kalinic to come on with 30 mins to go and he scores his first goal.

I'm really looking forward to my first game of the season RVR, but somehow that team you've selected doesn't inspire much. Could you possibly find a better one please?

I'm really looking forward to my first game of the season RVR, but somehow that team you've selected doesn't inspire much. Could you possibly find a better one please?

I'd agree with that Den but thats what i expect Sam to pick. ;) There are a lot of question marks at the moment over most of our players. Kalinic got a knock against Gillingham will he start? Grella and Dunny coming back from injuries, 2 games in close succession could be too soon for them? Salgado? Sam said iirc that he wouldn't be ready for a while yet.

Personally i'd like to see Dunny play alongside N'Zonzi, give Dunny the option to get forward when the opportunity arises and let N'Zonzi sit in the midfield. Got a feeling they might compliment each other pretty well. But Sam's comments about wrapping Dunny in cotton wool might suggest he won't start this weekend.

Going to be really interesting to see who gets the captaincy. With Nelsen out and Dunny possibly not starting who will captain the side? Andrews like he did against the Gills? Robinson? Givet? Samba?

:o after blunderland stopped our hoodo of the north east can we stop the hammers at ewood,play roberts and we have no chance.i reckon lardarse should be brave,and play junior up front,if so we may get a win otherwise i'm not to confident :o

:o after blunderland stopped our hoodo of the north east can we stop the hammers at ewood,play roberts and we have no chance.i reckon lardarse should be brave,and play junior up front,if so we may get a win otherwise i'm not to confident :o

roberts was our best player at Sunderland and Gillingham waggy, if u was there u would know.

roberts was our best player at Sunderland and Gillingham waggy, if u was there u would know.

:P did he score you plant pot,he would not score on mincing lane,i watched the whole sunderland game and he was his usual robust self without scoring,and at gillingham we were playing in his league,ps put me on ignore :P

Archived