BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

Isn't it simply a case of whoever from our bunch of foreign mercenaries is young and fit enough to play football for 90 minutes?

I know you're not impressed with the Warnock departure, but what makes an English player any less of a mercenary?

Warnock, off first chance he had, to go to a 'bigger club', ie a club prepared to pay him more moola.

The vast majority of players and managers are mercenaries, it is the club that we support, if the here today, gone tomorrow players/managers ensure a sucessful period for the club, thats all we can ask for.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kalinic has to play....you can't spend £6m on a forward and not play him from the start against West Ham....especially if the alternative is Roberts....

On the basis of Gillingham and Sunderland I would definately use him as a sub.

I think he will come good but we need to not destroy his confidence! I will be very suprised if he starts.

Kalinic has to play....you can't spend £6m on a forward and not play him from the start against West Ham....especially if the alternative is Roberts....

Roberts is not the alternative at the minute .. he's the main man unless you include Junior (now the world don't move to the beat of just one drum) - from all accounts Benni is injured , Di Santo is out so likelihood is it will be a Roberts/ Kalinic staring line up unless we go one up front.

Roberts is not the alternative at the minute .. he's the main man unless you include Junior (now the world don't move to the beat of just one drum) - from all accounts Benni is injured , Di Santo is out so likelihood is it will be a Roberts/ Kalinic staring line up unless we go one up front.

I was responding to Joey Big Nose team suggestion....

Irrespective of Roberts...Kalinic has to start....west ham is an ideal match to play your first full home game....he will get chances....my bet is that he'll score tomorrow..

Taken from LT

While Salgado won’t feature in tomorrow’s Premier League visit of West Ham, Givet and Chimbonda could play as Rovers go in search of their first points of the season

Kalinic has to play tomorrow.

I should hope so..he's our best player! Givet that is.

Please God can this West Ham hoodoo be put to bed. My Hammers supporting mate loves the fact that they're usually guarenteed 3 points here.

I agree.

If you put Kalinic together with Robbo tomorrow he will score!

Maybe try Hoilett on the Right Wing if Diouf isnt ready?

I'd play Hoilett right on a 4231. Never play him on the right of a 442 - too lightweight and inexperienced. Jacobsen would be very exposed.

After seeing the fitness updates I actually think it's pretty nailed on we will play as I set out except that Sam may start Andrews in front of Grella.

Kalinic has to play tomorrow.

He was poor against a League one defence, lookin lost and physically incapable. Sam himself has said it would take a number of weeks for him to adjust. Why damage the kid by putting him in a situation which will place him under a huge amount of pressure where it seems he will really struggle against an excellent paring of Upson and Collins?

It is far more sensible to give him half an hour in the second half when they are tiring. If he had played well against Gills I would have a different opinion. He didn't.

---------------------Robinson

Jacobsen----Samba-----Givet-----Chimbonda

Diouf--------Grella------Dunn------Pedersen

---------------Roberts-----Kalinic

Subs: Brown, Salgado, Khizanishvilli, N'Zonzi, Andrews, Hoilett, McCarthy

Hoilett for Diouf if he can't go.

Andrews for Dunn around the 70th or so or N'Zonzi for Grella around the same point, depending on which is more tired (or perhaps both).

I have a hunch we will play 4-2-3-1 as well, and Kalinic wont start.

I am surprised if as the LT says Salgado isnt involved. I think he will be on the banch at least otherwise he should have played more than 45 minutes last night.

Dunny should start though. Its about time we had some creativity in central midfield.

Why damage the kid by putting him in a situation which will place him under a huge amount of pressure where it seems he will really struggle against an excellent paring of Upson and Collins?

Aww mate...he's a Croation international FFS...He's played better than Upson and Collins who I consider to be one of the weaker Central pairings in this league...Damage the kid..?

Not playing him would damage his confidence more... -_--_-

Actually I dont think he has come across too much of a defence in his career. He has played 3 international games and even at U-21 level he has played a handful. Yes he has played in the UEFA Cup as well before, but week in week out this is his biggest challenge.

However, I think he will come good. He seems to be very eager when he is playing and not afraid to get in the right positions. Dont forget people considered Drogba, Henry, and so many others a JOKE in their first season and they had similar misses. He has only played less than 2 matches for us, so its too early to slate him. He will come good.

Aww mate...he's a Croation international FFS...He's played better than Upson and Collins who I consider to be one of the weaker Central pairings in this league...Damage the kid..?

Not playing him would damage his confidence more... -_--_-

He is 21. He was outplayed by some league one defenders. There is a reason managers the world over ease in younger players. Look at Fergie, look at Moyes, look at Wenger.

If we throw him in, he sinks, this whole board will be up in arms (the new Grabbi lalala) the fans will get on his back. It will be really difficult for him. Without confidence and hunger a player is nothing, we don't want to destroy that.

I'm not saying don't play him at all, just that we should bring him in from the bench until he scores or puts in a good performance. Then start him as he will feel confident.

At 21, I'd say he's not a kid anymore and is more than capable of playing from the start.....not as if we're scoring loads is it with Benni and Roberts...?

I guess it comes down to whether you think throwing in a player too early can have long lasting negative consequences.

If he's good enough he's good enough...all this pansying with them is no good...get him in, keep playing him and he'll do allright...no point putting him in, taking him out....he'll be used to playing every game at his previous clubs and keep dropping him will only affect him more....

Nelsen, Reid & Di Santo out

Diouf carrying a knock, Emerton 50/50, McCarthy late fitness test.

Klaninic and Roberts it is then.

I can see Andrews starting, to the chagrin of most supporters, and Dunn will either replace Diouf on the right or come off the bench.

He will start, I don't see Dunn starting two in one week, but he will come on. Perhaps even for Klaninic with us reverting to the Gillingham formation.

I'd be surprised to see any of them starting with at least a few sub appearances, so much (if its not a SamScreen) depends on them staying fit that its got to be slowly, slowly.

N'zonzi and Andrews will start. It would be good not to see an injury this game, so perhaps we can get grella, Emo and dunn on the pitch.

If he's good enough he's good enough...all this pansying with them is no good...get him in, keep playing him and he'll do allright...no point putting him in, taking him out....he'll be used to playing every game at his previous clubs and keep dropping him will only affect him more....

Totally agree with you on this SM - and that he should start tomorrow with Roberts regardless.

Archived