BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

Diouf Andrews N'Zonzi Pedersen

Roberts Hoilett

I can't see anyone else being fit enough to start, Dunn would be my only outside bet...probably ahead of Hoilett with a change of formation.

I can't see Kalinic starting for some reason, I expect the fact that he got injured against Gillingham will provide a good excuse for Sam to delay his introduction a little.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like Klaninic to start as well with Roberts alongside him.

He did well against sunderland forgetting his shooting, Benni's been robbing the stock again this week.

Hoillet I could see coming of the bench but starting, patience is called for.

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

Diouf N'zonzi Dunn MGP

Kalinic Roberts

Dunn was brought off mid-week and BS said he was dissapointed to be brought off so i can see him starting.

Also i can see Chimbo and MGP forging a decent partnership down the left.

Kalinic to score 1st tomorrow, I hate Wet Spam!!

I am usually chipper as weekend approaches, especially a long Bank Holiday weekend, however, I just feel so deflated about having to get myself to Ewood Park tomorrow.

Things all appear to be spiralling downwards Roverswise and it is hard to see and watch SA looking so down and dull in his pre match conferences, it goes against his personality.

That suggests to me an underlying issue at the club.

oh well, its only our bogey team and we have zilcho points on the board. Whats the worst that can happen eh?? ^_^

Guts say Rovers win but head says this will be a right tough scrap.

Been very impressed by what I have seen of Jiminez so far and wouldn't be at all surprised to see him win a pen against us.

Don't know where Rovers' goals will come from but suspect this one is going to be 3-2.

Things all appear to be spiralling downwards Roverswise and it is hard to see and watch SA looking so down and dull in his pre match conferences, it goes against his personality.

Agree.....

Have to say that I'm quite suprised at this ... not sure how well the tickets are selling, but can't see a crowd of more than 23,500 - in other words, about the same number of home fans as at the Man City game.

Won't be bad, comparing against the attendances last season...

Man City - 25,200 (this season 29,584) approx 20% increase

West Ham 21,672 (this season 23-24k?) again a possible 20% increase

He is 21. He was outplayed by some league one defenders. There is a reason managers the world over ease in younger players. Look at Fergie, look at Moyes, look at Wenger.

If we throw him in, he sinks, this whole board will be up in arms (the new Grabbi lalala) the fans will get on his back. It will be really difficult for him. Without confidence and hunger a player is nothing, we don't want to destroy that.

I'm not saying don't play him at all, just that we should bring him in from the bench until he scores or puts in a good performance. Then start him as he will feel confident.

Ferguson and Wenger are in a different league to Moyes, strange you'd lump them all together.

geez, you must have only been to a coulple of games... ;):rover:

Unfortunatly funds limit me some what as I live over 200 miles away I went to the Portsmouth and West Brom games and the end of last season and a game in the late 90's were duff got his first goal for rovers I believe against Everton.

Money a bit better now so trying to attend 1 game each month but would love more as really got into at the end of last season and cant wait to come back.

Anyone else come from down south intrerested in a car share ( I live in Stevenage in Hertfordshire)

For tommorow I will be bringing a Chelsea fan with me but he has agreed to cheer the Rovers on and even wear one of my rovers shirts :)

• Backroom

I see no reason why we should lose, this hoodoo business is nonsense.

I see Cole as being the main threat while Noble tends to play well against us.

No early slip ups and I see a 2-0 win

I know you're not impressed with the Warnock departure, but what makes an English player any less of a mercenary?

Warnock, off first chance he had, to go to a 'bigger club', ie a club prepared to pay him more moola.

The vast majority of players and managers are mercenaries, it is the club that we support, if the here today, gone tomorrow players/managers ensure a sucessful period for the club, thats all we can ask for.

Yes, I know you're correct about this. My problem is I yearn for the time when some of these players meant something to me, when I could feel some attachment to the team, when I could feel the players cared. It isn't that the players are foreign, though hving to Google every new signing doesn't help, it's that they don't care, don't try. It means nothing to any of them.

1864 understands, presuming I interpreted his post in the way he meant it.

I am usually chipper as weekend approaches, especially a long Bank Holiday weekend, however, I just feel so deflated about having to get myself to Ewood Park tomorrow.

I see no reason why we should lose, this hoodoo business is nonsense.

I see Cole as being the main threat while Noble tends to play well against us.

No early slip ups and I see a 2-0 win

Yeah i think we'll put the past behind us today, i'm fairly confident for a win.

to be honest ill be happy with a 0-0 draw to get the defence confidence up, they have conceded (SP?) 5 in 3 games so a little confidence is needed there. that being said a 2-0 win with pedersen and kalinic to score and getting the ball rolling for then would seriously help us out confidence and moral wise.

Archived