BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] League Cup - Gillingham Away 25/08/09

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've a feeling that Gills star striker Simeon Jackson will score. But we should still win. I'm going 2-1.

Edit: WOnder if there'll be much interest from Canada in this match seeing as the future of Canadian football, Jackson and Hoilett, could both play.

No? Thought not.

Which victoria station is that from? I fancy the game, but dont fancy the 4 hour drive each way

I think the clue is in the 54 minute journey time from Victoria to Gillingham. I doubt that even the new fast trains from Manchester are that fast.

So who is heading to the Livingstone Arms prior to kick off?

i shall be :-)

does everyone know where it is? it is literally a minute from the ground, also i have been told that they will be closing the walkthrough (similar to hull) so the away end may only be accessible by one road.

This has not been confirmed yet though. I Will let you know if i am told!

Maybe it's just me misunderstanding things, but I think the game is live on the bbc website. Anyone know if this is correct?

Unfortunately you are misunderstanding - it'll just be live text commentary on BBC Sport.

Nafe - how far is the Livingstone Arms from the train station, and in what direction?

Unfortunately you are misunderstanding - it'll just be live text commentary on BBC Sport.

Nafe - how far is the Livingstone Arms from the train station, and in what direction?

come out of the main entrance and hang a left and you will be able to see the top of the ground, walk to the end of the next road and hang a right and it is just up the road, cant miss it.

or look on here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ta...20gillingham%20

you can see the pub and the ground!

I'd start with

Robinson

Jacobson Zurab Givet Olsson

Emerton Grella Dunn Pedersen

Kalinic Hoilett

I'd have players like Andrews, N'Zonzi and Van Heerden on the bench to cover for our injury plauged midfielders, with one or two 'big hitters' on the bench incase things aren't going too rosy. Pedersen and Kalinic should play to boost their confidence - a goal would do wonders for both of these players, especially Kalinic. Hoilett could get some much needed experience playing, and we will be able to have a better look at him. A lot depends on how fit Emerton, Grella and Dunn are - doubt all can last 90 minutes, and we can never be 100% sure if all three will start.

Any requests for live streams will result in a ban in accordance with our posting guidelines.

You've been warned

Sorry Ricky, I know you have to do your moderating bit etc. But why not just encourage people to join the Rovers player on the Rovers offical site - I know it is only commentry but better than nothing.

Pafell, that's absolutely fine. More than happy for that to be suggested. I think we bob now that's what people aren't askig for though.

Any legal radio feeds can be discussed on here.

Yes, I am aware we both know what people are asking for. Yet often there are posts on match days for people asking for commentry on games. It was just a thought that maybe the mods could do more to encourage those who want to listen to visit the rovers player.

Archived